8. You knew the best PSAs by heart.
The endangered dugong, the teen hotline, adult ADHD. The list goes on and on.
13. John Peel was your god.
We were all going to be him one day!!
16. And if there was any danger of your station losing its signal, you fought like hell to keep it.
Commercial radio stations have a long history of trying to buy FM signals from schools. Universities, with growing frequency, have complied because they view the FM signal as unnecessary — especially in the internet era. But you wouldn’t let this happen, because tradition and stuff. (And sometimes Chuck D of Public Enemy would show up to support you?)
Fight for yo right to BROADCAST.
17. You actually know what CMJ stands for.
It’s not “Country Music J-Something.”
19. You were constantly astonished by the stories of the people who stopped by your station in its “golden days.”
Or you were a DJ during those “golden days” and have these great stories. Nirvana in 1988? Those pretentious twentysomethings were on to something.
- British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not resign despite facing a wave of shadow cabinet resignations.
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.