2. Seriously. Stars. Are. Blind.
A breezy, reggae-informed beach love song, as sweet and relatable as the sensation herself. There’s nothing complicated here and it’s catchy as hell, making it totally impossible to ignore. The sonic equivalent of a summer fling!
3. And what about “Nothing In This World”?
For some reason, this track isn’t as well known as “Stars Are Blind” (is there no justice in this world?) but is probably the poppier of the two. Written by Dr. Luke — the man responsible for basically every famous pop song ever — this jam is the perfect soundtrack for a sunny road trip with your closest girlfriends. That AND it has been remixed time and time again for the dance floor. The best of both worlds!
5. And she literally wrote a song with Lil Wayne called “Last Night (I Wanna Bang You).”
It’s kind of amazing? Lil Wayne even signed her to his Cash Money label, so if Weezy approves, you know it’s good.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰