These DIY Crutch Pockets Make Breaking A Leg A Bit Less Awful
Besides, you know, the whole breaking your leg part.
1. Cut two pieces of fabric for each pocket: Pocket (A), the main pocket, and Pocket (B), the phone pocket.
Pocket (A): 6.5 in (15 cm) x 7.5 in (19 cm)
Pocket (B): 6 in (15 cm) x 6.5 in (16.5 cm)
2. With the front sides of the phone pocket facing in, sew all sides of the pockets, leaving a 1 in (2.5 cm) gap for inverting.
3. Flip inside out. Blind stitch the opening shut.
4. Sew a seam on the top edge of the main pocket for both pieces.
5. With the main pocket pieces facing in, layer the phone pocket, then four pieces of 5 in (12.7cm) elastic in between them.
6. Pin together, then sew three sides, excluding the top edge. Flip inside out.
7. Fold the raw edge of elastic in and sew down. Sew Velcro down in an ‘X’ on all four elastic pieces.
8. Cut four long pieces of 7 in (17.7 cm) ribbon and sew them into the sides of the top edge so that the pocket can be tied to the handle of the crutch.