What you need:
Fabric - Dish towels, burlap, or linen
1. Cut a piece of fabric in a rectangle of desired length and width. Fold in the seams about 1/4 inch or 0.6 cm. Sew them down.
2. Fold two corners into the middle as if you’re folding a paper airplane. Sew down with a seam of 1/4 inch or 0.6cm once again.
3. Cut the corners off leaving a 1/4 inch or 0.6cm seam.
4. Fold in 1.5 inch from the non-pointed edge. Sew down with a 1/4 inch or 0.6cm seam. This will be where the dowel goes.
5. Cut a wooden dowel around 3 inches or 7.63 cm longer than the width of the banner. Push the dowel through the top of the banner.
6. Cut twine about 20 inches or 50cm long. Place the end of the twine where the edge of the banner begins on the wooden dowel. Hold the end of the dowel and the twine together, then wrap the twine inward until you reach the banner. Then, make a loop and thread the longer twine piece through the loop and pull to lock the knot. Repeat on the other side.
7. Use painter’s tape to mark out a desired design or pattern. Spray with fabric spray in a well-ventilated area. Let dry momentarily and remove tape.