1. U.S. forces tortured at least eight men to death.
2. Serving officers say Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo are two powerful recruiting tools for terrorists.
3. America tortured children.
4. U.S. soldiers raped both male and female detainees, including children.
5. The Bush administration used torture to try to get information that would help make the case for war with Iraq.
6. Abed Hamed Mowhoush, a former Iraqi general, was “beaten over days by U.S. Army, CIA and other non-military forces, stuffed into a sleeping bag, wrapped with electrical cord, and suffocated to death.”
7. According to veteran interrogators, torture prolonged the hunt for Bin Laden and complicated their jobs in trying to develop useful information.
8. The United States used “extraordinary rendition” to outsource the torture of suspects—including innocent ones—to brutal regimes. A suspect rendered to Morocco says his interrogators sliced his penis with a scalpel.
9. The Senate Intelligence Committee produced the most comprehensive report of the post-9/11 CIA interrogation and detention program—but it remains classified.
10. Senator Dianne Feinstein says the classified Senate Intelligence Committee report shows that torture was far more systematic and widespread than we thought and is much less effective at gathering actionable intelligence.
11. The CIA is fighting the Senate Intelligence Committee's findings tooth and nail to prevent its release.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!