1. They Put the Charm in Lucky Charms
There is no question. Childhood would be impoverished without the AM sugar high, after-school pick-me-up, or pre-bedtime nightcap perfection of fluorescent Lucky Charm happiness. Whether you swear by the marshmallows first, marshmallows last, or combo-bite strategy, no other cereal experience quite compares.
4. They Help Us Probe the Human Mind
So irresistible are the fluffy confections that scientists have been using this “pièce de résistance” in studies about willpower in the 1960s. Can’t resist that cloud of goodness calling out your name for fifteen minutes? It’s ok. Neither could 70% of 4-year-olds tested. We are all slaves to the marshmallow!
6. Marshmallows Demonstrate Boyle’s Law
400 Marshmallows Expand and Deflate in a Vacuum
7. They Transform Cocktails Into Dessert
1/2 ounce marshmallow vodka (or vanilla, whipped cream or cake flavored vodka)
1/2 ounce Godiva chocolate liqueur
1/4 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
3/4 ounce cream/half and half
chocolate syrup or hot fudge
graham cracker crumbs
vanilla frosting for glass rimming
21. If not lunchable, then at least launchable!
President Obama gets in on the launch action with Joey Hudy’s “Extreme Marshmallow Cannon” at the White House Science Fair. This kid is clearly a genius. Tax dollars for Science Education FTW.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭