3. Scientists identified the creature by comparing the fossils’ prehistoric collagen to that of 37 other mammal species. Dromedary camels and prehistoric camels from the Yukon were the best match.
7. The camel’s full tibia would have been 22 inches long, which is 29% longer than a modern camel’s tibia.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.