1. Brothers Travis and Nick Peterson have designed a truly diabolical musical birthday card: Once it starts playing, it won’t stop for at least three hours.
It won’t stop until the battery dies, or the receiver manages to destroy it. So cruel.
2. The whole idea began when Nick and Travis were discussing how much they hated musical cards.
“Nick claims to be the first to say, ‘What if it played forever?’” Travis told BuzzFeed Life, “but I actually went searching for someone to manufacture the card and did all the leg work.”
7. When it comes to destroying the card, it’s easier said than done: This one is still playing after being submerged in a bucket of water. Twice.
8. The creators, who live in Southern California, told BuzzFeed Life it took them six months to perfect the prototype.
Travis said he struggled to find a company who understood the concept and kept being warned away from trying to do something music-related. Eventually, they found a manufacturer to do the job.
9. The cards are still being funded so aren’t yet available, but they’re expected to ship in July.
The brothers said if they raise enough money, they hope to eventually make annoying cards for Christmas, weddings, graduations, and other events. So you have that to look forward to.
- Trump's supporters are just as frustrated as he is about not getting things done — and they're blaming everyone but Trump.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.