Amazon Prime Day, the day when Amazon has more deals than you could ever conceivably look through in an ENTIRE LIFETIME, is here!
We waded through the mountains of bargains for you and found some of the best deals in every category. This post is devoted to the best deals on *practical* items — things you probably need anyway, so why not get 'em at a lower-than-normal price?
FYI — deals move quickly on Prime Day. We’ll do our best to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but we can’t catch everything immediately. Check back throughout Prime Day to see our latest updates as the deals change!
Note: To get these deals you have to be a Prime member, so if you aren't already, sign up for a free 30-day trial here.
1. A well-reviewed meat thermometer for 33% off so all your grilling endeavors have the desired outcome.
2. An air mattress for 32% off to stash in the guest bedroom closet 'til Thanksgiving. (You'll be so glad you'll have it.)
3. A Remington curling wand for 18% off so you can create beautiful beach waves at home instead of taking a trip to the salon.
4. A smart Wi-FI plug for 31% off that'll work with Alexa and Google so you can turn electronics on and off with your voice.
5. A magnetic box cutter keychain for 24% off that'll make you wonder why the heck you've been living without one.
6. A windproof umbrella for 35% off so you won't have to discard another drugstore umbrella on the rainy sidewalk again.
7. A microfiber towel for up to 57% off in a variety of sizes to take you from the gym to the beach to wherever else a towel could come in handy.
8. 50 pairs of foam earplugs for 26% off that'll seriously come in handy for anyone whose partner snores thanks to their 33-decibel rating.
9. A wood polish and conditioner for 43% off that'll leave your old furniture looking brand spankin' new — no one will believe you picked it up at a thrift store!
10. Panasonic earbuds for 23% off that are already an Amazon reviewer fave and once you give 'em a go you'll get why too.
11. A bottle of Poo-Pourri for 22% off that you spray in the toilet before you do your business. Then no time waiting for the noxious fumes to clear before the next family member can use the bathroom. It stop smells before they form!
12. A 12-duster kit of Swiffer dusters for 30% off to help get to all the spots you have trouble reaching. OK, "had" trouble reaching.
13. A 10-piece Rachael Ray nonstick bakeware set for 40% off so you can finally whip up all those recipes you've been letting sit on your Pinterest boards.
14. Super thin reading glasses with a pod case for 30% off so you can see clearly on the go... even if you're short on carrying space.
15. A cruelty-free Bliss Fab Foaming 2-In-1 Cleanser & Exfoliator for 71% off that's formulated with gentle bamboo buffers (so you can exfoliate dead skin cells and keep your skin lookin' clear) and soothing rosehip, chamomile, and passion flower.
16. Sturdy mirrored sunglasses for 20% off that'll withstand all kinds of bumps and wear despite their low price tag.
17. An Instant Pot for 50% off capable of turning meal prep into something that is not difficult. This handy thing can make everything from golden lentil soup and mac and cheese to chocolate lava cake and french toast. (Look at you! Betty Crocker over here!)
18. A natural shoe deodorizer for 33% off to help fight the funk currently haunting your family's mudroom area.
19. A cushy mattress pad with a deep pocket for 33% off so you won't have to wrestle with your sheets in your dreams.
21. Up to 40% off household essentials like freezer gallon bags, laundry detergent, cleaning products, and so much more.
22. A pet hair/lint remover for 29% off with, quite frankly, some deeply shocking customer photos. I'm sneezing just looking at them!
23. A battery charger and maintainer for 30% off to keep in your car in case of emergencies. Better to be prepared!
24. A sound machine for 30% off because it is just too darn hard to fall asleep when it's too quiet, am I right? This nifty gadget fits compactly on your nightstand, has amazing volume options, and will bring your much-needed beauty sleep to a whole new level.
25. Leggings with pockets (!!!), three lengths, and two waist styles for 45% off. Can you think of anything MORE practical? Didn't think so.
26. An enzyme-powered odor and stain remover for 33% off to help undo all the traces of messes your family makes.
27. A handheld deep tissue massager for 31% off because you probably won't be able to schedule in a professional massage for, like, the next decade or so.
28. An OPI top coat for 35% off that will give your at-home mani extra shine and (more importantly) prevent any smudges or chips for up to seven days. Must be some sort of sorcery, I know.
29. A pack of two queen-size gel-filled pillows for 56% off because they're designed to be comfortable for all sleeping positions, which means you can kiss those nights full of tossing and turning goodbye.
30. Supergoop! SPF 30 Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum for 30% off so you can combine your moisturizing and sunscreen steps into one in the morn. BOTH are essential steps. Don't @ us.
31. A two-pack of screen protectors for 25% off (compatible with iPhone 7 and 8) so that when you drop your phone and it lands face down, you won't have to hold your breath and pray that it's not cracked before hesitantly picking it up.
32. A five-pack of no-show socks with non-slip backing on the heels for 34% off, so you can finally be more comfortable in your flats, sneakers, and heels, no sock-edge lines in sight.
33. A TubShroom for 35% off that catches all those pesky hairs that would have eventually clogged your shower and created bathroom chaos.
34. A set of Mrs. Meyer's soy candles for 48% off that will fill your home with the lovely scent of fresh geraniums.
35. A Sengled Smart LED starter kit (with four light bulbs and a hub) for 33% off so you can control all the lights via voice command or an app.
37. A stylish Puma duffel bag for up to 22% off you'll easily be able to spot in a sea of other duffel bags at spin class.
38. A Dash mini waffle maker for 34% off that'll motivate you to actually get up and make breakfast. Sunday mornings, meet your new favorite tradition — WAFFLES.
39. A pair of Tile Pros for 45% off to help you track down your keys that seem to keep walking away by themselves.
40. A travel pillow for 40% off — it's ergonomically designed to help prevent neck strain while you doze, so you can finally get a first class nap in no matter where you're seated on the plane (or car, or bus).
41. A Levi's denim jacket for up to 45% off that will never ever ever (ever ever) go out of style. Prepare to wear this from now until the Year 3000.
42. A 1.5" Zinus gel memory foam topper for 20% off with a snazzy airflow pattern to keep ya' cool as ya' peacefully and deeply snooze away — the kind of sleep you've been dreaming about!
43. A BPA-free Camelbak water bottle for up to 40% off so you can stay hydrated and thriving without accumulating a mountain of bottles.
44. A 30-pack of Clorox Toilet Wand refills for 18% off that'll have your commode sparkling clean with basically no time or effort on your part.
45. A Fire TV Stick for 50% off to turn any TV you already own into a smart TV, with streaming access to all kinds of different networks.
47. A Dash clear-view toaster for 20% off so you can check up on your toast without interrupting its tanning process.
48. An inflatable travel pillow for 33% off so you can sleep better than ever whether you're headed out on a week-long backpacking trip or hosting a small kiddos campout in the backyard.
49. An iRobot Roomba vacuum for 39% off that'll keep your floors cleaner than you ever thought possible — I for one know I'm not about to sweep or vacuum every day without help from one of these little guys!
50. A Cerama-Bryte cooktop cleaning kit for 23% off, which includes cooktop cleaning solution, a scrubbing pad, and a scraper so you can absolutely remove every bit of baked- and caked-on food from any smooth range — no matter how long it's been there.
51. An Echo Plus for 54% off, which lets you do all the same wonderful things the Dot does (music, weather, news, podcasts, alarms, etc.) plus serves as a one-and-done hub for transforming your place into a smart home, including lights and locks.
52. A 12-pack of Soylent for 35% off to have on hand when you can't even with figuring out a (literal) solid meal to cook. Grab this and go!
53. A *waterproof* Kindle for 35% off so you can bring an entire library of books with you wherever you go, whether you're chilling by the pool (or ocean) in the summer, or relaxing into a hot bath after the temps drop again.
54. A sturdy three-tier rolling laundry cart for 37% off to sneak a significant amount of extra storage space into that narrow gap between your washer and dryer.
55. A 70-pack of Cascade Detergent Actionpacs for 30% off to save you some time and dough because you shouldn't have to wash your dishes before you put 'em in the dishwasher.
56. A jar of O'Keefe's restoring hand cream for 25% off that's formulated specifically to help your hands actually heal.
57. A toy storage organizer for 20% off so your kiddo's bedroom or playroom can finally have some organization that your little one can actually reach themselves.
58. A digital kitchen scale for 18% off that'll help you up your baking game to Great British Bakeoff–levels thanks to its ultimate precision.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
Looking for even more incredible Prime Day deals? Check out all of our favorites:
*Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals
*Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Home Deals
*Things Under $25 You'll Want To Buy On Prime Day
*Here's What Parents Should Actually Buy On Amazon Prime Day
*Things To Treat Yourself To On Prime Day
*Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Style Deals
*Things To Buy On Amazon Prime Day That Only Look Expensive
*Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Beauty Deals
*Here Are All The Best Amazon Prime Day Food & Kitchen Deals
*Things Under $50 You'll Want To Buy On Prime Day