1. A classic kettle-style charcoal grill that'll last for hundreds and hundreds of barbecues.
The shape allows heat to circulate for even cooking (no more steaks that are half medium-rare, half well-done), the porcelain enamel coating protects against rust, and the plated steel cooking grate is easy to clean.
Promising review: "I asked my wife the other day, how long we'd had our grill, and she reminded me that we bought it with a gift certificate from our wedding 20 years ago! I have replaced the grilling surface (got the one that opens on the ends to add more charcoal) and that's it. Like a parrot, it might outlast ME!" —J. Bradford
3. A drill and tool kit filled with everything they'll need for small projects and low-key repairs around the house.
8. A lightweight cordless vacuum that'll make cleaning up around the house a breeze.
This petite Dustbuster will hold a charge for up to 18 months and is incredibly easy to empty out and clean.
Promising review: "This vacuum has become a necessity in our lives. I use this for everything!! I have even purchased this same vacuum for 5 other couples as gifts! If you're wondering if you should get the cheaper version..... DON'T!! We were given the Black + Decker handheld vacuum (the one without the lithium battery) as a wedding gift and it worked great for about 6 months, then the battery would not hold a charge. We have had *this* vacuum for close to a year now and it is still working great! It holds a charge for days and can pick up just about anything. My mother has had this same vacuum for close to 2 years, and it is still working great!" —KZ
12. A dutch oven they'll be able to use for years and years and years. And years. Plus a few more years.
13. A cordless electric kettle for the couple who enjoys sitting down and enjoying a pot of tea together.
15. A handy set that includes pretty much every kitchen utensil they could possibly need.
So what *exactly* does the set include? Well, a flexible turner, 12-inch tongs, a square turner, spoon, slotted spoon, grater, swivel peeler, ice cream scoop, potato masher, can opener, balloon whisk, spatula, meat tenderizer, pizza wheel, and holder.
Promising review: "We got this set 7 years ago when we were newlyweds. Each piece is still in great condition and in frequent use (and we are not kind to our kitchen utensils!). It is worth every cent for a housewarming or wedding: whether they knew to ask for it or not, they want it!" —JTC
24. Stainless steel, anti-slip mixing bowls with measurements on the side and dual-purpose lids.
Mixing bowls just don't get any better than this.
Promising review: "I love them! The non-slip bottoms are fabulous and make mixing so much easier. I was holding the beater with one hand and alternating pours of ingredients with the other and never had to worry about the bowl moving on me. The measurements inside the bowls are a great tool and saved me time and extra dirty dishes/tools. I used the mixing cover to make my husband's favorite maple whipped cream and did not, thankfully, have to wipe cream off every surface and backsplash in the kitchen." —DRM
25. An ice maker for the couple who's truly passionate about having cool beverages.
Having adequately chilled beverages is a very important thing and this ice maker can make up to 26 pounds of cubes a day.
Promising review: "We love this. In one day we can make enough ice cubes to last a week. And it is so much fun to watch!!!" —S. Hendricks
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.
28. Want even more great product suggestions? Sign up for BuzzFeed’s Gift Guide Newsletter!
If you can't see the signup box above, just go here to sign up!