We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
1. A lightweight (yet strong) portable hammock built for two.
“What makes any camping trip for me is my hammock: an ENO DoubleNest (the best pound and a half of gear I own). Nothing compares to lying in a hammock in the middle of nowhere, just soaking in the peace or reading a book. Depending on the weather (and the bug situation), I often spend the night there instead of my tent.”
—Matthew Hall, Facebook
Get one here for $69.95.
5. A microfilter for purifying water from lakes, streams, and other natural water-sources.
“My MSR has filtered hundreds of gallons of water in its time and continues to work beautifully (with a few filter changes, of course). Modern filters are small and lightweight and will often fit onto a Nalgene bottle. A definite must for anyone planning on more than a day hike.”
—Bucky James Dio, Facebook
Get one here for $59.94.
7. A tent that will stand up to a LOT of wear and tear.
“I will never buy a tent from anyone but Kelty ever again. I went on an 18-week road trip and used my Kelty tent every night. It survived being stomped by a moose and a hail storm in the Badlands. Plus, they have an amazing lifetime warranty for repair/replacement.”
—Claire Elyce Wiedman, Facebook
Check out a variety of models here.
10. A pair of cushiony socks for tired feet..
“Every time I go backpacking or peak-bagging, my favorite item is that extra special gift I set aside for when I’m super tired: a brand new pair of Smartwool socks. There are few feelings more rewarding than soft, unblemished wool on tired feet.”
—Dan Razzaia, Facebook
Get a pair here for $17.
11. A reusable coffee filter for getting a caffeine fix when you’re miles away from the nearest Starbucks.
“It clips onto your cup and you pour hot water through it. Can I live without coffee? Yes. Should I have to? NO!”
—Lev Tobias, Facebook
12. Some simple bandanas you’re sure to find a use for.
“Pot holder, sweat rag, hand towel, wash cloth. Soak one in a cool creek and tie it around your neck to cool off. Use one to make a little pouch to carry things if you wander away from base camp. In an emergency, you could use one for bandages or as a tourniquet. Or as toilet paper.”
—Daniel Helms, Facebook
Get a pack here for $8.99.
15. A waterproof and quick-to-assemble cot to aid you in getting a good night’s rest.
19. A panini press to use over a campfire.
“You can do breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. Makes for super-cheap camping meals that are really good and can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like! No more relying on nasty hotdogs to keep meals cheap. Get quinoa bread and healthy fillings if you like. Do stuffed French toast. Whatever!”
Get one here for $16.99.
25. Or a personal sleeping bag.
“This thing is useful even when sitting out by a campfire or on a cold, rainy day. It has drawstrings that can be tied up around the waist for better mobility and zippered arm holes, a hood and pockets! A little pricey, but absolutely worth it! I’ve had mine for three years and it literally comes with me wherever I go!
Get one here for $135.95.
27. A device that keeps away bugs without spray.
28. A poncho that’ll keep you dry in more ways than one.
“You can use it for its intended purpose (when it rains) or as a small tarp to put under your sleeping bag if you’re camping under the stars. You could also can put one over a log in the morning so you don’t get your butt damp from dewy wood, etc. People talk smack about ponchos, but they’re actually pretty amazing.”
Get one here for $14.99.
The comments for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
Want more? Check out: 29 Insanely Clever Products That Will Make You Want To Go Camping.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥