Amazon has a list of products called “Movers and Shakers,” which is pretty much just fancy talk for things that are currently ~trending~.
Here are some of the coolest and most useful things found on the list this week:
1. An ~out of this world~ backpack that may actually make a kid excited about going back to school.
Promising review: "My daughter wanted a backpack that was different from her friends and this is it! The colors are bright, the pattern is beautiful, and it's the perfect size to fit into a locker. The front pocket has plenty of room for her phone and pencils and the main compartment fits her textbooks perfectly." —Jamie Satterwaite
2. A grooming mitt that'll massage your pet *and* remove all the loose hair they're shedding.
3. A book about a young scientist that's written and illustrated by the creators of Iggy Peck, Architect and Rosie Revere, Engineer.
4. A teeny-tiny elephant necklace that comes in gold, rose gold, and silver.
6. A rechargeable LED light you can clip to your bike's handlebars.
7. A strap that comes with a guide to teach you how to use it for stretching.
Promising review: "I bought the Stretch Out Strap so I could use it at home to supplement my physical therapy sessions. It's the same one I used at PT to assist with stretching and strength-building exercises. PT ended, and having the strap has allowed me to continue the exercises at home on my own. It's very sturdy, virtually indestructible. " —Constant Reader
8. A spray that'll make your feet and shoes smell so much better.
9. Delicious snack packs of Nutella to bring on the go.
10. An inflatable pool for babies that looks like a toadstool.
11. Lavender-scented dog waste bags that are made with recycled materials.
12. Globe-shaped string lights that would be perfect for decorating a dorm room.
13. A beautiful floral academic planner (it runs from August 2016 to July 2017).
Promising review: "There's plenty of space on each day of the week to write down all of my family's appointments, classes, and work schedules. Plus, I love the little pocket in the back for holding onto loose papers and receipts! It's small enough that I can carry it around with me everywhere that I go." —Cassie
14. A glass monitor riser that'll add some extra space to your desk.
15. Basting brushes you can use for both grilling *and* baking.
Promising review: "I will never go back to using wooden basting brushes with boar like bristles ever again and it is all because of these fantastic brushes. So far I have used them with BBQ sauce, salad dressing, olive oil, butter, and frosting with no issues at all. What I love most about these brushes is that they are easy to clean. I hand wash mine with a little Dawn and some warm water. I then proceed to let them air dry." —Smileymelon