51 Products You'll Feel Silly For Not Knowing About Until Now
Turns out you've been doing life the hard way.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of SPF-sensing stickers to save your skin from the summer sun when you're having too much fun to remember to reapply on your own.
Promising review: "I'm multi-racial with tan skin. I burn when it's intense, but I get a great tan otherwise. My 9-month-old is fair, fair, fair. Blue eyes and porcelain skin fair. I reapply my own SPF 50 after a few hours, but I'm not consistent. I've never been great about sunscreen, but I was not going to let my daughter get burned. We live in South Florida and just a walk or park time is a potential burning hazard. This is a great visual for me to reapply her sunscreen or make sure she gets in the shade. They're an absolute essential for parents, especially the 'sun goddess' type." —FlightLife
Get a 16-pack from Amazon for $14.99 (available in three pack sizes).
2. A roll-up drying rack made with metal grates covered in soft silicone that'll prevent scratches and take up basically no storage space. Roll this on top of the sink when in use and tuck it away in a drawer when the dishes are done! It dries fast, so no worries about drippings in your drawers.
Promising review: "This is very sturdy and it allows air into cups, pans, etc. to dry easily – unlike a drying pad. It holds heavy pans with no problem. The color is soft and goes great with my white and gray countertops and it's extremely functional. It's easy to clean, just roll it up and store it under the sink. Highly recommend. 👍🏻" —Denise
Get it from Amazon for $24.98+ (available in three sizes).
3. A multi-use car hammer can help you escape from your car in an emergency – the safety edge slicer can cut through your seatbelt and the rounded hammer breaks through windows and windshields.
Promising review: "My puppy got tangled in her leash, car seat safety clip, harness clip, and seat belt. The release buckles could not even release because it was twisted so tightly. I knew I had to cut her free, it was such a relief when it hit me I had the seat belt cutter under the seat. I never thought I would use it, but so glad I had it today (pictured above)." —Elizabeth
Get two from Amazon for $9.74.
4. A can of fire extinguishing spray with a design that'll spark your muscle memory, because nothing sounds scarier than not knowing how to use an extinguisher when you notice a fire start to spark.
Promising review: "I bought one for beside the grill, one for beside the stove, one for the laundry room, and one for the car. I think the intuitive, easy to use design is fantastic. We already have the muscle memory for using a spray can. In an emergency, it's so much easier to grab this and use it, and turn a small fire into a non-fire. I don't have time to remember a three step method of fire control when my bacon has gotten out of control on the stove. I'm not a firefighter! I'd really like to have one in every room. Think about it. Isn't it better to immediately contain a small fire than deal with a big one? This could save your life, and your house." —K. Zander
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
5. A pack of spin hair pins are easily gonna hold your hair tight no matter how much you move, saving you from constantly readjusting your 'do throughout the day.
One of these coils is as strong as TWENTY standard hair pins. Bad hair days are officially extinct.
Promising review: "I'm a nursing student and have to wear my hair in a bun every day. I've tried all the bun makers, watched YouTube videos, and spend way too much time on getting my hair into a bun. I was able to make a pretty bun that was secure in under 30 seconds. I thought it was a fluke so I did it again, and then again. I have hair to my mid back, and three of these worked perfectly for me. If I can get my hair in bun in under 30 seconds, trust me...anyone can." —Tina
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $6.89.
6. A side pillow with a spiffy design to keep your arm from growing weary when you believe sleep is just an excuse for spoonin'! It's long enough to accommodate two people and made with curved memory foam that supports both side and back sleepers.
Promising review: "My girlfriend loves to lay against me at night. It's all good and well until I cannot feel my poor hand! I found this gem of an invention so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was very impressed. I can go for a full 7-8 hours of sleep without my hand going numb. Well worth the buy! Now my girlfriend and I can sleep comfortably. A win for everyone!" —Monster Matt
Get it from Amazon for $43.97 (available in left and right).
7. A portable door lock so you can add some extra security in seconds, without a single tool in sight.
This thing is super strong and takes less than a minute to install. Just open the door and insert the claws on the back of the silver piece into the "strike" of the door (the hole where the lock fits in) and then close the door. After you've done that, take the metal rod on the red handle and insert it into the butterfly hole on the silver piece. This completely locks the door handle – no one from the outside could even try to peak in.
Promising review: "This is a LIFE SAVER...literally. Thanks to Add-A-Lock's simple design and simple instructions, my 18-month-old can no longer leave the apartment and wander the halls or attempt to take rides on the elevator in my apartment building. This is well worth the money. Five stars!!" —Lori S.
Get two from Amazon for $29.95.
8. An LED flat plate is gonna help you read far into the night without disturbing the morning person snoozin' beside you.
Promising review: "LOVE! This book light is perfect for nighttime reading. I opted for this particular brand over others I saw for less as it has a dimmer. I really like this one as the glow is soft and not harsh on my eyes. The dimmer has a wide range when I turn the knob. You can use this book light horizontally or vertically. It’s not large enough to cover the whole page of most books, but it does completely light up an entire page so you don’t have to move it up and down while reading." —Flora
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
9. An ultra-thin socket cover with an attached six-plug power strip you can use if you'd prefer your furniture actually be directly against the wall, thank you very much.
Promising review: "This product is awesome! We bought one in the office to stop a nearby chair from continuously hitting the outlet plugs. It solved the problem right away. So we ordered three more to use anywhere there is bulk on the wall. It saves space, makes arranging furniture and desks easy, it's clean looking. Someone is a genius. Thanks so much!" —Jay
Get it from Amazon for $23.95+ (available in seven sizes and styles).
10. A diaper wipe warmer that'll be soothing on your baby during nighttime diaper changes, because cold wipes could wake them right up in the dead of the night...when you're already dead tired.
Promising review: "I have one in the nursery and in the living room! This is the best warmer for your money. It keeps my baby's bottom happy. He used to, and still will scream, at cold wipes. He hates cold wipes, so this is a mini miracle for us! It keeps the wipes wet and lukewarm! We keep them plugged always. The baby is two months old and they have been plugged in since, not a single problem! I recommend this." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.95.
11. A ball cap cage sure to make washing your hats and baseball caps (while keeping their shape!) easy as ever. There's no striking out with this system. Seriously.
This is also a really useful tool if you're planning to pack hats on vacation!
Promising review: "This arrived on time and undamaged. It looks just like the photo and works as described. It fits well in the dishwasher and is unaffected by the heat. I have tried it on several hats already and I am very satisfied with the results. It's simple and works well. The dirt and sweat smells are gone. I purchased it through Amazon Prime at a great price and would recommend it to anyone." —AT-AT RIG
Get it from Amazon for $11.98.
12. An under-the-sink water filtration system so you can grab a glass and drink straight from the sink, knowing it's already filtered to perfection.
It has a two-step filter that removes 99.99% of contaminants, and it comes with direct connect hoses to hook right up to the standard 3/8" valves in U.S. kitchen sinks. It's designed to be installed in under three minutes.
Promising review: "We have town water and it seems they are putting more and more chlorine in it every year. We should be getting used to it and tasting it less and less, not more! The refrigerator filters are super expensive and weren't cutting it. Every time I put a glass to my mouth it smelled like a swimming pool. I searched the internet and decided to give this a try due to the positive reviews and affordability. Wow! easy install (I'm an avid DIYer). And the taste! The chorine taste is just gone! No more overpriced fridge filters for us. I love that the filter replacement procedure is basically the same as a fridge. Just twist and remove. We love it so much I teed off the fridge line and put a dispenser at our sink as well. The flow on this thing is just amazing! And the water tastes great! Don't waste your money on the expensive, complicated ones. My parents have a three-chambered, name brand filter at their house. It was expensive, the replacement filters are expensive, it is a pain in the petunias to replace the filters, and the flow rate is pathetic! But guess what! Our water from this filter tastes just as good as theirs at a fraction of the price, plus it's way more convenient, plus the flow rate is way better. I just can't say enough. Love, Love it! You will too!" —BJ
Get it from Amazon for $63.74.
13. A bug bite suction tool to remove bits of insect saliva and other irritants after a bug bite, to keep yourself from scratching your skin off after a mosquito finds its way into your campsite.
14. A darling pig egg yolk separator for when your recipe calls for separated eggs and you don't want your meal turning into slop.
Promising review: "I love to bake with my 4-year-old son and he wants to help with the eggs but he doesn't have the ability with his little hands to separate egg yolks and whites by pouring the yolk from shell half to half, but he can suck the yolk up with the piggy. Not only does it work but it's fun for him and me. I bought one for my sister as well for when she bakes with my niece." —JG
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in three styles).
15. A pack of toy straps can prevent your mini football player from tossing their pacifiers and toys from a stroller or car seat.
Promising review: "This is a simple concept, but something that you would not normally think you need. After losing a few toys off the side of the stroller, I felt there had to be a way to keep toys and bottles from falling over the edge. I found these and took a shot at ordering them. The straps come with snaps at differing lengths to accommodate anything from Sophie the Giraffe all the way to our large Tommee Tippee bottles. I have not lost a toy since getting these nor has a bottle fallen on the ground. The strap dries out easily when she may have some excess 'droolage.' I think I might start giving these as a shower gift." —Kay
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $7.97+ (available in 12 colors).
16. And a pair of Sock Ons to keep your baby's socks on their feet. If your infant seems to think removing clothes is the best way to work on their fine motor skills, you NEED these.
Promising review: "These things are great!! What a great invention. They work just like they are supposed to for my guy. He’s three weeks old and his feeties are always cold but socks don’t stay on. These little things totally solve that problem. Brilliant!" —Britanny
Get them from Amazon for $9.55 (fits 0-6 months).
17. A set of outdoor yard drink holders, because your *delicious* summertime cocktails are gonna deserve an elevated display during your neighborhood BBQs.
Promising review: "One of the best items I have ever bought for the beach and backyard! Whether playing Cornhole or lounging in a chair, your drink is always clean and cold. No more sandy or dirty cans or bottles. It even holds your drink with a Koozie on it!" —Iceman142
Get a set of four from Amazon for $35.95 (also available in a pack of six).
18. A versatile bag clip to treat your Gucci dupe with the love and respect it deserves — it's hard work looking that pretty!
Promising review: "I have a very heavy, large purse that is a bottomless pit. One time I put my purse on the back of my chair at a cafe and the whole chair flipped over, that is how heavy my bag is. I was looking for something so I could hook my purse on things so it wasn’t sitting on the floor and was more accessible. I love this little gadget. I have used it on everything from bathroom stalls to tables to grocery carts. This thing really grips. All of my girlfriends love it and have gotten it for themselves." —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in eight colors).
19. A drinking fountain faucet attachment that'll be loved by anyone who wants a sip of water without dirtying a whole cup and thus, washing a whole cup.
This design only fits standard sized faucets but you can still use this even if it doesn't fit, just be sure to grab an adapter along with it.
Promising review: "I have Parkinson's and find it difficult to handle a water glass while taking my daily pills. This little water fountain is perfect for me! It was shipped quickly and was super easy to install with no tools. The knob is easy to slide in and out to change from faucet to fountain. The water comes up high enough that I do not have to bend too far over to drink from it. It is not in the way when I wash my hands. I really am glad that I spotted this gadget." —Texas Grandma
Get it from Amazon for $19.98.
20. A pack of four self-closing outlets to make your baby-proofed place look way less baby-proofed, even though they're extra safe!
Promising review: "We have been behind the curve on babyproofing and bought a big pack of the plastic two-prong outlet covers. My kiddo is determined to stick anything and everything he can into outlets and wants so badly to peel the individual outlet covers off. I bought a four-pack of these covers and they are AMAZING! They're easy to install (just don't forget the little plastic spacer between the actual bare outlet and the back of the cover) and SO MUCH BETTER than the cheap plastic covers. For the outlets that were the kiddo's 'favorites' to try to bust into, these are SO GOOD. The amount of force needed to slide the plate over to use is more than a toddler can muster, but not hard for an adult. It's very easy to plug things in, and take them out, but the baby doesn't even mess with these outlets anymore because the thrill of death is beyond his tiny finger strength. Installing a few of these in high kid-traffic areas has been WELL worth it! Thanks for a great product." —Katie Ackerman
Get them from Amazon for $12.99.
21. An instant shampoo so you can simply spray your little furball's stink away if the thought of giving your Guinea pig a bath is both laughable and horrifying.
This is suitable for hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, and other small animals.
Promising review: "Rabbits don't like baths or getting wet. This did the trick. No need for any water when you use this. My one rabbit was being fed a poor diet prior to me caring for him – resulting in a messy, smelly rabbit. This cleaned him up." —Steven S.
Get it from Amazon for $3.38.
22. A genius tofu press to efficiently drain tofu to get the perfect texture and taste, mess not included.
TofuBud is a small biz based in San Fransisco!
Promising review: "I was resistant to getting a tofu press. Another kitchen gadget! But this little guy does not disappoint. It saves time and is clean, fast, and easy. I thought I would want something made of wood or metal — but really this is just the thing. It’s cute, rinses out lickety-split, and gets the job done without messing up towels or having to boil off extra water. My countertop stays clean. I’ve been a vegetarian all my life and this little gadget is already indispensable." —Maria Lewis
Get it from TofuBud for $29.95.
23. A garlic rocker that'll, ahem, rock your world. This tool is so much easier than a traditional garlic press.
I cook with a shocking amount of garlic and I always hated dealing with my old garlic press. This one-piece solution is SO much better than the old school tool! You simply place your peeled garlic under and rock at an angle, it minces just the same. This also comes with a (TBH very cute) scraper *and* a silicone sleeve that'll help you peel your cloves in an instant.
Promising review: "I like garlic very much, so I use this garlic press every day. It works very well, is easy to use, and easy to clean. Compared with the garlic press I used before, this is more labor-saving and comfortable." —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $10.97 (available in two colors).
24. An attachable dirty diaper sack dispenser with 24 bags you can toss your dirty diapers in when there isn't a convenient trash nearby.
You can grab a refill pack when you run out!
Promising review: "Holy moly! Having the knob on the side that allows you to retract the bag into the container makes this tiny contraption SO amazing. I've never seen that for other ones on the market. I use these for dirty diapers and my toddler used to LOVE pulling them out way far! It used to be a paaaaaaain stuffing the bags back inside. This eliminates those annoying moments! Woohoo!" —Kyle Perez
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.