Hi shoppers! At this point, it's likely that some gifts may not arrive in time for 6/18: it all depends on the retailer, the item, where you live, and how much $$$ you're willing to spend on expedited shipping.
So please enjoy our gift ideas, but understand that, for many of these items, you'll have to simply let your loved one know that their gift may be arriving *later*.
1. A salt shooter so your dad can enjoy his summer by spending his free time hunting the world's most dangerous game...the pesky housefly.
Promising review: "This salt gun is SO MUCH FUN! I hate flies so this is the perfect solution. It's like a nerf gun but shoots salt instead. It's not too heavy to hold. However the pump is tough to pull back, which is perfect for an adult but difficult for kids. If you shoot yourself in the hands or arm, it stings a tiny bit but that's it. I Highly recommend it! Happy Hunting!" —Q. Nguyen
Get it from Amazon for $49.95.
2. A smokeless portable firepit for dads who think a campfire sounds nice, in theory. You know, as long as there isn't much of that pesky smoke. Plus, the 360-degree Airflow design guarantees a perfect flame, even if your dad's fire-making skills aren't exactly going on his resume anytime soon.
I have a Solo Stove! It was one of the first things we got for our place after my husband and I bought our first house. We wanted to see if we'd enjoy having a fire pit in our backyard but our budget was exactly $0 for installation. We got this to see how often we'd go out by the fire and it is SUCH a hit! We also love that we can take it with us when we go camping. Don't hesitate...you want this.
Promising review: "As someone who has built hundreds, if not thousands, of fires – this fire pit is by far the least smoky and easiest to start!! I'm quite impressed." —Jason G.
Shipping info: Orders will be shipped within two business days of purchase.
Get it from Solo Stove for $229.99 (originally $299.99; available in two sizes and six colors).
3. A 10-motor massage mat with two heating pads and vibration settings, so your tired pa can turn his favorite seat into the massage chair his aching back wants, and needs.
Promising review: "I've had several massage mats and this one is great. It has a nice comfortable soft foam pillow feel so you don't feel like you're sitting on the massage motors. And it's so quiet, you hardly hear it yet the massagers are quite powerful. I highly recommend this one." —TJ Ferrara
Get it from Amazon for $78.99+ (available in two styles).
4. A Shark EZ Robot Vacuum designed for vacuuming over all sorts of floors *and* made to self-empty. Your dad gives himself enough chores in a day...let the robot take care of this one for him.
Promising review: "I have 4 dogs and about 1,500-square-foot home. The Shark (nicknamed Rosie the Robot) works amazingly well. I have not even loaded the app, just turn it on every morning and let it go. My floors are clean even with several grandchildren and all the dogs rampaging through my home!" —Val R
Get it from Amazon for $332.99 (originally $549.99).
5. An LED flat plate is gonna help your bookworm of a father read far into the night without disturbing the morning person snoozin' beside him.
Promising review: "LOVE! This book light is perfect for nighttime reading. I opted for this particular brand over others I saw for less as it has a dimmer. I really like this one as the glow is soft and not harsh on my eyes. The dimmer has a wide range when I turn the knob. You can use this book light horizontally or vertically. It’s not large enough to cover the whole page of most books, but it does completely light up an entire page so you don’t have to move it up and down while reading." —Flora
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
6. A pasta maker that'll be a hit with fathers who are true home chefs. This nifty kitchen gadget will let your dad master everything from homemade ravioli to fettuccine. Good job using your ~noodle~ and getting him something unique this year!
Promising review: "I purchased this as a gift for a friend who's had a lifelong dream of making homemade pasta. It's a high-quality machine. I was immediately accused of spending 'too much money' on the gift. Functionally, it's very intuitive and performs smoothly right out of the box. We made fettuccini and the dough came out evenly rolled, there were no kinks in the process whatsoever, and the results were delicious (especially for a first attempt)." —Zora F.
Get it from Amazon for $69.96.
7. Hoof healer foot balm to nourish his dry, cracked, and callused soles. We're not ~horsing~ around — this gift is sure to make his feet feel silky soft!
Owner Kristin Mutchler runs this small business in Wayne, Maine. And FYI, Hoof Healer was an Editor's Choice winner in the Beauty Shortlist Awards this year!
Promising review: "I love the packaging! I've been using the product for over a week and the results are stunning! My soles are not as rough or cracked anymore, giving me boosted confidence to show off my feet this summer! Thank you!!" —Alyssa O.
Shipping info: Order ships within two to three days after purchase.
8. A 29-piece grooming kit — this is gonna become a beloved addition to your dad's impressive (or rather, obsessive) collection of grooming products. It's gotta be tough work looking that sharp 24/7!
This kit includes one electric trimmer, 21 attachment heads, two brushes, one comb, one pair of scissors, one scissor case, one carrying case, and one charging cord.
Promising review: "Purchased as a gift but the feedback from the person I purchased this for couldn't be happier! He LOVES it very much and was very well worth every cent! I would recommend anyone looking for a reliable easy to use multiuse trimmer to invest in this and save all that $$$ at the barbershop!" —Kristine
Get it from Amazon for $94.96.
9. A standing weeder with three steel claws that grip weeds and roots so your gardening pops is able to pull them out while standing. No more bending down all day while pulling out weeds! His backyard will have never looked better (and his back will have never FELT better)!
This is made with a bamboo handle and powder-coated steel. The simple lever system is what makes pulling weeds with this so easy!
Promising review: "Oh my god, I friggin' love this tool. I bought this on a whim given we bought our first house and know nothing about caring for a yard. Boy has it come in handy. Our new house had a ton of weeds in the front yard and this tool helped me get most of them out in no time. In fact, the process of yanking out the weeds was strangely satisfying! I don't think anyone can say that weeding is fun but this tool made it as close to fun as you can get, especially when you see a long root along with the weed you pulled." —JG
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
10. A ThermPro meat thermometer so you can *all* be confident that the meat your dad cooks is actually, you know, cooked.
You can leave the probe in your meat while it's cooking, walk away (up to 650 feet!), and know you'll still be notified when it's ready.
Promising review: "I love to use this while cooking meat in the smoker. It has four probes so I use one to monitor the ambient temperature and the other three for various meats I am smoking. The wireless connectivity to an app on my phone is great since smoking meat can take a long time; it allows me to keep an eye on how the cooking is going from inside the house. This was truly one of the best purchases I have made. I even bought one for my father-in-law." —Deoji
Get it from Amazon for $35.99+ (available with two or four probes).
11. A towel warmer — this is gonna improve the look of your dad's bathroom *and* provide him with that fresh-outta-the-dryer feel every time he gets out of the shower.
It can fit up to two towels and has a 15-minute adjustable timer.
Promising review: "After reading lots of reviews on several different towel warmers, I bought this product for my mom for Christmas. I tested it out before giving it to her. It was works great! The timer looks so sleek and fancy. Even at only 15 minutes, you get a nice warm towel! 10/10 would recommend! Already thinking of buying one for myself!" —Kaylee Sierra
Get it from Amazon for $139.99.
12. An at-home slushy-making cup – tell your dad to freeze the cup for four hours, pour in any ol' cold drink (sparkling water, juice, beer, smoothies — you name it), and crush the sides of the silicone cup until that satisfying slush appears!
Promising review: "I’m an absolute sucker for slushies. Why? Heck if I know. I saw this cup on TikTok, and bought it though I was very skeptical. However, it works!! I’ve made at least a dozen already, if not more." —C. Warrick
Get it from Amazon for $17.98+ (available in nine colors).
13. A clip-on polarized sun visor is gonna be loved by fathers who are always squinting into the sun on their work commute. Clip the extender onto their existing sun visor and they're gonna get polarized glare-reduction all the live-long day.
Glare Guard is a small business based in Easton, Pennsylvania creating polarized visors for glare-free driving.
Promising review: "This extender is great; I wish I had purchased this years ago. My daily commute to work is due east and the sun is directly in my line of sight. My commute home is just the opposite, due west and the sun is blinding. This extender is not only a great buy, but it also increases the safety of daily driving." —Dyann Curtis
Get it from Amazon for $34.99.