31 Products To Help Make Laundry Day Far More Efficient And Much Less Miserable
Because doing laundry is a lot like playing cards, except it's no fun and you have to ~fold~ every single time.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A magnetic laundry guard that'll let you fold clothes on top of the washer without worrying about anything falling through that impossibly small space between the washer and the wall. There will be no missing socks on your watch!
2. A mesh hanging dryer so you can keep your chicest pieces in a clean and convenient place while they dry. Use this and you can finally see what your radiator looks like without damp clothes hanging over it 24/7.
3. A sock pairing system — just attach your socks in pairs on this clever clip and throw them in the wash. This is sure to keep them together and save you ~loads~ of time whenever you do a load of laundry.
4. A pair of darling cactus dryer balls that'll make your laundry as dry as your humor and as soft as your heart.
5. A box of machine washing tablets so you can wash your clothes in a machine that's actually clean. Nothing is worse than noticing a mildew smell from your washing machine. It is the actual worst.
6. A mesh sneaker bag — for anyone who feels de-feet-ed when trying to wash their shoes, this clever pocket is here for you! Attach this around the machine door (the hook-and-loop straps even work on round ones), toss your shoes in the pocket, and you're G2G!
7. A hanger stacker – it's gonna keep your hangers organized and at-the-ready when your laundry is all washed. It may feel like laundry is done the minute the dryer dings, but getting your clean clothes out of the laundry basket and back into your closet is still half the battle.
8. A lovely woven fiber laundry basket with divided sides for dark and light clothing — toss your dirty clothes into the correct basket at the end of each day and finish the worst busywork of laundry day before that day even comes.
9. Or a double laundry hamper with a handle and *very* clear directions, so your kids can do their own laundry without turning everything pink.
10. An ironing tool sure to give you a perfect shirt sleeve crease each and every time, and save you time ironing while you're at it.
11. A bleach-free laundry sanitizer that'll kill the bacteria your detergent leaves behind, helping eliminate odors and the spread of illnesses if your child has a habit of using their shirtsleeve as a tissue.
12. A ball cap cage sure to make washing your hats and baseball caps (while keeping their shape!) easy as ever. There's no striking out with this system. Seriously.
13. A magnetic ironing pad that'll take up far less space than an ironing board and make ridding your clothes of wrinkles, even in your tiny laundry room, truly ~smooth~ sailing.
14. An all-natural biodegradable stain stick for people who prefer removing stains without adding chemicals. Rub this on stains with just a titch of elbow grease and by golly, that mess is as good as gone!
15. A set of mesh laundry bags to protect your delicates from the harsh conditions inside the washer and dryer. Use these, and your best garments are sure to ~mesh~ with everything else in the wash without any damage.
16. A pack of wool dryer balls that'll dry your clothes faster, make your laundry softer, and be an eco-friendly replacement for dryer sheets and fabric softener. You'll seriously have a ~ball~ with these lovely things in your laundry.
17. A non-toxic ink remover that works on ballpoint, gel, and permanent marker and can also remove stains from wine, grass, blood, grease, coffee, baby formula, and food. I'm not saying this stuff can do everything, but that's only because I haven't asked it to do my taxes yet.
18. An upright garment steamer because you wanna save time and money by avoiding the dry cleaners so you can buy more clothes you will no longer take to the dry cleaners.
19. Or a stainless steel handheld steamer for people who just need a quick fix on a few uncharacteristically nice clothing purchases. Remember when you bought that spendy chiffon blouse like you didn't have a care in the world? Well now you have to care for it.
20. A pair of Sock Ons you can place over your baby's socks to keep them on your kid's feet when they start developing those darn fine motor skills. Washing socks is a lot easier when there are actually socks to wash.
21. A shirt folder that'll give you a dresser full of perfectly crisp and beautifully folded shirts in a matter of minutes.
22. A down detergent – it's gonna help clean off your winter wear without wearing down any of that delightfully warm fluff. One package has enough product to clean 10 jackets, so feel free to get the great outdoors all over your great outerwear.
23. A wrinkle-eliminating spray that'll also work as a static and odor remover, refreshing your fabrics and making wrinkle-free clothes a simple spray away.
24. A dust cover you can throw over your washer and dryer to keep them mess-free. This also has pockets you can use to store random laundry fixins' or any treasures you may find inside of pant pockets before tossing them in the wash.
25. A a dryer vent coil brush because you shouldn't ~brush off~ cleaning every nook and cranny of the thing that keeps your clothes clean.
26. A laundry trolly that can make the trek to the laundromat more efficient. This is made with wheels and is even available with a stair climbing feature, so you can easily pack up your stuff and be on a roll despite your fourth floor walk-up.
27. A laundry whitener that's gonna help make your stained whites look brighter than the day you bought them... no matter what your kid left on the floor for you to step in.
28. A laundry soap station you can tuck into a shelf or leave out on the counter so your heavy, dripping cleaning detergent doesn't make a mess.
29. A pack of velvet hangers that'll save a ton of space in your closet, preventing you from getting ~hung up~ when you've finished washing and need to actually organize your clothes.
30. A massive hamper backpack that's sure to make traveling to the laundromat or your building's laundry facilities a breeze... no matter how much stuff you pack into it.
31. And finally, some surprisingly cute wall art with crucial information for anyone who thinks washing symbols are complete and utter gibberish.
The praise I think I deserve after finishing one load of laundry:
Looking for more great finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
Looking for other efficient ways to get through your day? Check out the posts below: