33 Things For Your Dorm Room That Are As Beautiful As They Are Useful
A good-looking dorm increases your college experience by several degrees.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An unnecessarily elegant bedside caddy with a slim felt design to store your phone, glasses, tablets or to keep your notebooks handy if you always study best right before bed (i.e. you *only* ever study right before bed).
2. A lightweight trashcan with a useful handle that only accentuates its good looks — this stunning receptacle proves you can have a trashcan that doesn't look like, well, trash.
3. A botanical duvet cover set made of 100% cotton that'll keep you cozy at night and impress all the ~buds~ who hang out in your dorm.
4. A metal over-the-door hook inspired by the phases of the moon that's hopefully gonna inspire you to keep your bags and jackets off the floor.
5. A porcelain diffuser for those stressful days when all you need is some time in your dorm to lie down and take a deep, cleansing breath. And maaaybe for those times when you wolf down a bean and cheese burrito and need to cleanse the scent of *yourself* out of the room before your roommate gets back.
6. A handcrafted diamond weave storage basket to hide your candy stash in the sunniest storage container your dorm room has ever seen.
8. A glitter-filled inflatable ottoman you can pack flat and inflate whenever you have guests over or get out for yourself when your day simply calls for a little extra sparkle.
9. A pack of rainbow LED lights sure to spruce up your bottom bunk while giving you just enough light to stay up reading when your early-bird bunkmate is already in bed.
10. A velvet tufted storage ottoman that folds flat and holds a surprising amount of stuff. It's strong enough to be used as a stepping stool, low chair, or simply to add a soft, colorful touch to a room made of cinderblock walls.
11. A rose quartz crystal water bottle that'll keep you hydrated while simultaneously being fab desk decor in a spot where your room once looked drab and dreary.
12. An '80s-flavored mini makeup storage case so you can decorate your desk with some punky pastels while keeping your makeup in one easy-to-carry-to-the-fourth-floor-bathroom-in-the-middle-of-the-night case.
13. A satisfyingly quiet personal fan that'll make your retro heart soar *and* be a real breath of fresh air if your stuffy dorm mate's preferred thermostat setting is "stifling".
14. A wooden block desk calendar with a tropical theme so you can count down the days until your spring break vacation with a calendar that's just as ready to flamin-go to Miami as you are.
15. A pair of dyed agate bookends, because the perfect ge-ode to your favorite novels is gonna be displaying them in a way that really *ahem* rocks.
16. A designer lap desk — it has a wooden top with a cell/pencil holder, a strap for papers, and enough room to really write on. You can use this when you've been stuck in a desk all day and would far rather work from your bed. Flip it around to the cushion side when you want something a little more decorative on your duvet.
17. A transparent LED desk lamp — this thing is ~clearly~ gonna help improve your study sessions, simply because you won't wanna leave your desk when it's on!
18. Some thermal insulated blackout curtains so you can go back to your dorm and pretend it's night time at 10am when your brutal Physics exam is over and you really need to sleep it off.
19. A bright pom pom throw made of cozy-as-can-be fleece that'll have you, and your bed, ~covered~ if you get the chills every time your suspiciously silent roommate comes in.
20. Or a quilted weighted blanket that's machine washable and made with a breathable hygrocotton fabric, for anyone who knows a calming weighted blanket can take a serious weight off their shoulders when falling asleep is a struggle.
21. A vanity mirror with tiered accessory trays, because desk space is a precious thing in a dorm room and you deserve some beautiful decor that multi-tasks as well as your mother.
22. A set of dimmable string lightbulbs that'll transform the dull mirror your room came with into the glam vanity you and your theater major deserve.
23. A minimalist tissue box cover so you can keep your space chic, even when you need a li'l reminder of home.
24. A dreadfully darling mini fridge (in case your place doesn't provide one) that's gonna keep your snacks fresh while also lookin' like a fresh snack itself.
25. A soap dispenser designed with dried florals in a clear acrylic bottle — your hand sanitizer is sure to look far prettier on display in this than in the massive medicinal-looking bottle it was shipped in. And believe me, college is nasty, you want hand sanitizer available at all times.
26. A swanky LED arch table lamp that'll add a crisp accent to your desk without making you get bent outta shape over a lack of study space.
27. A concrete desktop planter for green thumbs who can't handle living in a room without a little life in it. Bonus: the concrete will match your cell-like walls swimmingly.
28. A throw pillow cover for a nice lumbar cushion that'll support your back when you're stuck at your desk all night and look darling on your bed when you head out for the day.
29. A piece of storm glass you can toss on your bedside table and check when you wake up in the morning — helping you know whether the weather suggests you should skip class and stay in bed.
30. A cactus chalkboard – it's gonna be a cute way to leave yourself notes and reminders. When people ask how you stay so on top of things, feel free to ~chalk~ it up to your clever dorm decor.
31. A set of birds on a wire picture clips that'll be a tastefully artistic way to hang up your memories from home and the memories you make when you leave the nest.
32. A compact wood alarm clock sure to keep you from being a blockhead and forgetting to wake up for class... again.
33. And a stunning doorstop that'll be a ~handy~ way to keep your room open and inviting, helping you make friendships as beautiful as your brilliant dorm decor.
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about your roommate.
Looking for more great finds? Check out some of our favorite cheap things to buy on Amazon, some of the weirdest things on Amazon you might actually want, or read through all the rest of our incredible Amazon product recommendations.
And if you want even more practical products, check out the posts below: