1. Zhuzh up your walls, furniture, and more by adding removable wallpaper in a variety of cool prints and patterns.
2. Hang your curtains closer to the ceiling (rather than right over your window) to make the room and windows look way bigger.
3. Transform a boring old window in an unused corner — just attach a wood plank and two stools for the cheeriest little breakfast nook.
4. Create an accent wall with a few yards of thick washi tape.
5. Wallpaper can get really expensive really quickly; use a gold leafing pen and a stencil to get a similar look that's cheaper and easier!
6. Make your kitchen look straight out of a magazine by upgrading your backsplash with peel-and-stick subway tile.
7. Rearrange the furniture you already have to accommodate the ~vibe~ you want your home to give off.
8. If you just need a little change, try half-painted walls that make your ceilings look taller.
9. Transfigure an empty corner into a magically cozy reading nook with a curved curtain rod and lace curtains.
10. Create faux wainscoting with paintable beadboard wallpaper to give any room some antique flair.
11. Spritz gold spray paint to transform everything from an Ikea coffee table to shelf brackets and add some pizzazz for under $5.
12. Add faux crown molding to the tops of cabinets, bookshelves, or just your walls to fake the look of a big renovation.
13. Swap out furniture feet to bring new life to the Ikea sofa you're already tired of.
14. Paint your bannister and the tops of your stairs a darker color to make an elegant staircase that's perfect for the grandest entrances.
15. Try a handy painting kit to make your old countertops look like granite.
Promising review: "So after we got a couple bids to get new countertops, and they came in from $1200 to $1400 for basic laminate, we figured this would be worth a shot. It took some time, but it turned out GREAT!!! Everybody can't believe it's not real granite or at least brand new laminate. I'd recommend this product to anybody, after 6 months, it is holding up great, and still looks new, with no chips or scratches. Try it!" —Jake
16. Add a decorative medallion to your light fixtures or ceiling fan to basically turn your home into a ~grand estate~.
Get it from Amazon for $23.46.
Promising review: "I love the way this medallion shows off my painted roses and crystal chandelier in my dining room. The epitome of beauty and class. I wondered how it would stay up without any nails, glue etc., but the lamp held it up beautifully without any help. You wouldn't know from looking at it that it isn't made from cement. One of the best buys I have made!" —Amazon Customer
17. Upgrade your appliances by adding some self-adhesive film that looks like stainless steel.
18. Hang a giant tapestry in your favorite theme or color scheme to add a huge statement at a low price.
19. Turn what you already have into decor — organize your books by color, show off your cute office supplies, etc. — and display them on colorful shelves that are basically wall art on their own.
20. Paint your fan (without having to take it down!) so it blends in to your ceiling instead of looking like an eyesore.
Learn how to do it here.
21. Get that rustic farmhouse ambiance by recovering a wall with shiplapped wood for under $50.
22. Make a super cheap kitchen or area rug look like it came from Lulu & Georgia or Anthropologie with a simple paint job.
24. Got cheap-looking or dingy vinyl floors? Paint them to look like expensive tile.
You just need a stencil, paint, a foam roller, and polyurethane sealant. All under $50!
Learn how to do it here.