29 Ways To Make Your Home Look Elegant AF
You spend lots of time there — might as well make it look amazing.
1. Beautify your beauty counter by storing your favorite products and potions in a rose-gold organizer.
2. Display your artwork, inspiration, jewelry, and accessories as part of a gallery wall that looks like you hired a decorator.
3. Pro tip: Before pounding any nails, sketch out your wall with pieces of paper in the dimensions of your artwork so you can move things around accordingly.
4. And punch up your artwork and prints with a set of mirrors to bounce light and make your whole room look brighter.
5. Attach a pretty gold suction cup basket to help your sponge dry and keep that funky sponge smell at bay.
6. Transform an accent wall or piece of furniture by tacking up removable wallpaper that looks crazy expensive.
You can even use it to line shelves for a hidden pop of pattern.
Promising review: "I used in my closet and it looks beautiful . Very forgiving as it's easy to peel and re-stick when you get angles wrong." —PK
7. Kick your living room up a notch with a simple coffee table with a faux marble top to trick people into thinking you're rich.
Get it from Amazon for $71.99.
Promising review: "It's inexpensive, stylish, easy to decorate around, easy to assemble, and easy to wipe clean. We've had this in place for about five months and used/abused it as the main functional surface in our living room — no babying, no coasters, and even some intermittent use as a footstool by my father-in-law who gives absolutely NO you-know-whats. The table takes it all like a champ. Also, I manage to stub my toes on *literally all the things* in life but still haven't stubbed a toe on this table. Five stars it is." —Rachael Brady
9. Transform your makeup table or bathroom into an old-Hollywood dressing room with rose-gold vanity lights.
11. Go minimalist (and skip the expensive framing) by displaying art on large binder clips hung on pushpins or nails.
12. Change the knobs on your tables or cabinets to lovely crystal versions that'll make people ask, "OMG is that an antique?"
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $9.89.
Promising review: "Wow. I was so happy with this purchase. I have been looking for this style of hardware for my dresser for awhile now. At Home Depot, just ONE of these is like $4. These are great quality and they look expensive. They totally transformed the look of my dresser. I read other reviewers say that they are smaller than what they expected, I didn't find that to be the case for me. I thought they were the perfect size." —Mrs. Hopefully
13. Craft an end table out of plywood and copper piping — so artsy and geometric it'll look stolen from MoMA.
14. Dress up your powder room with a soap holder that'll make the ~porcelain throne~ feel very at home.
15. Convince everyone you're an adult (complete with green thumb) by decorating your surfaces with adorable succulents in wooden planters.
17. Make taking your regular ole shower a little more glam by hanging two shower curtains instead of one.
18. Cushion your tootsies and your furniture on a vintage-looking rug that really ties the room together.
19. Class up the joint (and keep things running on time) by hanging a minimalist ceramic clock on your wall.
20. Upgrade your backsplash or furniture by covering it with contact paper that looks just like carrera marble.
22. Fill your neglected nooks with extra seating in the shape of a fancy-looking loveseat that costs less than you think.
23. Add some Mad Men vibes with a stocked bar cart in sleek chrome. (It comes with special storage to keep your stemware at arm's reach.)
24. And fill it with DIY gilded barware that shows off your personality.
27. Transform thrifted frames into shadowbox shelves to display only your prettiest tchotchkes.
28. Tie back your curtains with a strand of pearls to make your window dressings look dressed to the nines.
And most importantly, astonish any friends or guests with your extremely fancy liter bottles of Pellegrino.
You'll catch yourself looking around your newly decked-out digs:
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.