27 TV-Inspired Costumes For The Laziest Halloweeners
Because Halloween prep takes too much time away from your Netflix binge.
1. Lumpy Space Princess From Adventure Time
2. Keith Morrison From Dateline
3. Carrie From Homeland
4. Jess From New Girl
5. Frank Underwood From House of Cards
6. Doctor Oz
7. Anyone From Once Upon a Time
8. Guy Fieri From Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
9. Mary Queen of Scots From Reign
10. Selena and Gary From Veep
11. Claire and Jaime From Outlander
12. Jon Snow and Yigritte From Game of Thrones
For Jon Snow: Your girlfriend's trendy faux fur vest from a couple years ago, all black everything. You should probably know nothing.
For Yigritte: Your own faux fur vest from a couple years ago, red hair, bow and arrows. Alternatively, a sheet ghost.
13. Tim Gunn and a Hideous Dress From Project Runway
14. Mary and Matthew From Downton Abbey
15. Tina Belcher and Jimmy Pesto Jr. From Bob's Burgers
16. Sherlock and Watson From Sherlock
For Sherlock: Contour some cheekbones, black coat with popped collar, deduction skills to demonstrate annoyingly often.
For Watson: Cable-knit sweater, cane, air of exasperation (mustache is optional).
17. 9th Doctor and Rose From Doctor Who
18. Damon and Elena From Vampire Diaries
19. Sheldon Cooper and Amy From The Big Bang Theory
20. Temperance Brennan and a Victim From Bones
21. Any of the Real Housewives
What you'll need: Plastic wine glasses, enormous diamond ring, artfully curled hair, very loud voice. Maybe some mascara tear tracks.
22. Various Clones on Orphan Black
For Cosima: Glasses, dreads, nose ring, science. (Nasal cannula optional.)
For Sarah: Side part, punk attitude, leather jacket. (Daughter optional.)
For Alison: Bangs, ponytail, suburban mom clothes, bottle of alcohol.
For Helena: Frizzy blonde wig, under-eye circles, air of craziness.