We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A two-in-one sprayer and scrub brush for the easiest dog baths you've ever experienced. Juggling a hose and your pup is hard — now you can pet your doggo and wash 'em with both hands.
It straps securely to your hand, is flexible for a comfy experience for your presh pet, AND it comes with adapters so you can connect it to your shower/tub OR your outdoor garden hose.
Promising review: "The Aquapaw was my best purchase this year! I have a Flat-Coates Retriever so her fur is really thick. The Aquapaw had no problems getting all her fur wet and also getting all the shampoo out. It was so easy to use and install. My dog usually doesn’t like the water from the shower on her but this didn’t seem to bother her at all since I was literally just petting her (which she loves)." —Jessica Tucker
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
And if you want to make bathing even easier try the licking mat (also made by Aquapaw) as seen above. Slather it with PB or another treat, and your pup will stay happy and busy while you're getting the job done. Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in five colors).
2. A Luminoodle — an LED lighting strip you can affix to the back of your TV for a backlighting effect that'll create sharper images, increase color contrast, and reduce eye strain.
Promising review: "I'm obsessed with this product! I'm actually mad I haven't had this all my life. It looks amazing and fancy lighting up my TV area. My husband and I always fight about the lamp begin on while we're watch tv in the dark so this was the perfect compromise. It helps my eyes too bc if it's pitch dark my eyes hurt watching the bright tv.. this eases my viewing experience with the lamp off. But mostly I love how it looks!!!!! Worth every penny. It was so easy to install, sticks great even after unpeeling and moving it a little. I will be buying another for my other TV." —Cris
Promising review: "THE BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!! JUST GET IT!!!" —saylthecell
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in four sizes).
3. Or an ~immersive~ LED backlight for your TV that brings the colors on your screen into the room for a truly riveting viewing experience. It senses the colors on the screen in real time, and you can even hook it up to your Google Home or Alexa for voice control!
It's also helpful for eyestrain!
Btw, this gif is from an Amazon reviewer — checkout the whole video to watch these lights in action, and their very helpful review if you're having trouble calibrating your lights.
Promising review: "Being a frugal sort it really took me awhile to go ahead and get this product. Worried about buyer's remorse and such. All I can say is boy howdy: I should have gotten this sooner! After installing it to the back of my new 65-inch TV and fired it up I almost cried. It was as if Bob Ross himself had descended from heaven and painted my walls full of happy little lights. Simply amazing. I had seen in some reviews that some colors didn't match so well. As the guardian of a few felines I decided to do a test. First I grabbed my orange cat Ollie and pointed the camera at him. On the wall a glorious orange. Next was my black cat Midnight. Aimed it at him and a light white color splashed the wall. Highly impressed I grab my last cat Skittles, a calico, and swept it over him. Amazing lights bouncing off the wall — I was totally sold at this point. My only regret with this product is that I didn't buy it earlier. If I had maybe I would still have a wife and not so many cats." —Amazon Customer
Promising review: "I absolutely love this lights, the app is super helpful and has a lot of different settings and colors to choose from; you can even make your own color theme! I love when I play music and it changes with the beat. Best purchase I've ever made!" —Miriam Garcia
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (fits 55"–65" TVs).
4. An oscillating tower fan one reviewer nicknamed "THE GLACIER" *and* said is "better than your air conditioner" (I'm immediately sold). It has six speeds — up to 24 feet per second velocity — and three modes, and reviewers agree that it's super quiet.
It's sleek and narrow, so it won't take up a ton of space in your room, and it looks surprisingly cool! It comes with a remote control so you can turn it on from your bed, and the LED lights turn off in sleep mode, so you don't need to worry about being disturbed.
Promising review: "Get this! Best purchase I’ve made. I live in Arizona, and while I have AC, my room faces the sunrise and takes the brunt of the direct-sun heat. And while I have blackout curtains, they don’t keep the heat at bay. THIS FAN HERE! I finally made the choice to invest in a good fan, and boy was I so shockingly pleased by this fan. The remote responsiveness is great! The sound even at its highest is quite a low hum, the fan is strong, LOVE the quiet mode, please go and get. My room now stays perfectly cool, even during the Arizona summer at its peak." —clarisse
Get it from Amazon for $79.99.
5. A folding two-level desk so you can get your WFH on in style without sacrificing permanent space. You can store this right under your bed or couch when not in use!
Promising review: "Best. Purchase. Ever! I do not usually write reviews but love this product and just had to share! As a full-time student and single parent, I needed something that didn’t take up much space and can easily move around with me. It came already assembled (which is a HUGE plus) and took less than a minute to get the hang of folding/unfolding. It’s big enough to use my laptop, notebooks, and a portable monitor all at the same time with still ample amount of space for note-taking. It’s light enough to carry but extremely sturdy when unfolded. If you’re wondering if this is worth buying, the answer is unquestionably a YES!" —jessica quackenbush
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (available in three colors).
6. The Shark Tank–famous Comfy, a wearable sweatshirt–blanket hybrid that'll become your standard uniform this fall and winter. Microfiber fleece on the outside, Sherpa fluff on the inside, a truly gigantic pocket (for snacks!!), an oversized hood, and a slouchier-than-slouchy fit...what more can you ask for?!
Promising review: "I use this product for everything. It is the best thing I ever bought. I love it.❤️😍🥰" —Amazon Customer
Promising review: "This is the best thing I've ever bought. I love it, my dog loves it, my friends are envious. It feels like being wrapped up in the best blanket ever. I'm short (5'0") and wide (~2x–3x) and this fits perfectly loose. I wish the sleeves were shorter, but I know that I have dinosaur arms and for people with longer arms, it probably fits better. Wish the pocket was lower too, but it's nice and big and I can fit my phone and probably a small child in it. It does attract dog hair, but it brushes right off. Didn't notice any issues with stitching/quality. I know what I'm getting people for Christmas if I run out of ideas." —Amazon Customer
Get the quarter-zip version from Amazon for $54.99+ (available in one size, fits up to about 4X according to reviewers, and 36 colors, plus a nonzippered version).
7. An acupressure foam mat (with matching pillow) with thousands of pressure points reviewers swear by for relaxation and pain relief.
Chat with your doctor for advice on if this is right for you!
Promising review: "Single best purchase of my life. I use it every night to relax my muscles and improve my sleep. I take it on trips. I take it camping. I would give a lot of things up before I gave up my acupressure mat! Great gift for someone brave. Not sure why anyone would buy the one that’s triple the price." —Eileen Lambert
Get it from Amazon for $52 (available in 14 colors).
8. A robotic vacuum sure to work hard while you just sit back and relax..picking up crumbs, pet hair, dust, and anything else that keeps your house from feeling clean on a regular basis so the funk doesn't build up between deeper cleanings.
Your new robot BFF has an infrared sensor to avoid obstacles in its bath and drop-sensing technology so it doesn't fall down steps. It comes with a remote control, charging base (it automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean), AC power adapter, cleaning tool, an extra set of high-performance filters, four side brushes, and five cable ties.
Promising review: "Beloved...the best thing we've bought. This may have saved our marriage. It certainly made our house look a LOT better. It's like a cute little vacuuming pet, who incidentally picks up a butt ton of cat hair. He gets into mischief ... don't ask me how I know it's a him, but I do ... and even that's cute. Watching him drag a cat toy around ... although exercise for the cats ... it priceless. But mostly he does an awesome job of cleaning. We have him on a schedule, and every I come home to a clean house, and a few rugs out of place. It is AMAZING!" —Elizabeth Marsh
Get it from Amazon for $199.99 (available in black and white).
9. A percussion massager with five different head attachments for targeting different areas and reviewers love it for soothing sore muscles, easing neck and shoulder pain, and working through tough knots. And who doesn't love a massage?!
Promising review: "The first thing that I liked is how fast the shipping was. I am a swimmer and at the end of each practice I end up with sore muscles and have really painful spasms in my legs, so I decided to purchase this massager gun to help with that. My friend recommended it to me and I have to say that I am really impressed with this product. The gun is really well built, it's not heavy, and it's easy to use, most of the accessories are made of plastic but have a good quality. The power of the gun is incredible; with the first level, I can feel that it massages the deep tissue of my muscles, I have been using it every day since I received it, for almost one week now and the battery is still full. Another thing that I loved is the case that comes with the gun, you can carry it and the accessories everywhere. The best product I've ever bought." —Solange
Get it from Amazon for $79.99.
10. An air fryer (from the makers of the INSTANT POT!!) so you can crisp up leftovers, make homemade versions of your favorite fried foods (without having to deal with hot oil), and more.
Promising review: "This is the best thing I’ve ever bought. Easy to use and clean." —Dean Cuba
Aaaand here's what BuzzFeed Food writer Hannah Loewentheil has to say about it: "I'd been contemplating buying an air fryer for quite some time, but it wasn't until I found myself cooking every night with my family due to COVID-19 that I finally decided it was the right time to get one. Friends of mine were raving about their new Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer, so after reading similar feedback on Amazon, I decided it looked like a winner. And it happens to be made by the same company that makes the crowd-favorite Instant Pot. I figured I would be using this appliance primarily as air air fryer, but as an added bonus, it can also roast, broil, bake, re-heat, and dehydrate food.
I've had this air fryer for about three weeks now, and I can honestly say it's become the hero of my kitchen. It preheats quickly, it's large enough to a good amount of food at once, it's easy to clean, and it makes food taste crispy on the outside and moist on the inside without any oil. I've been using my air fryer to make vegetables just about every night and it makes them taste so good. If you're cooking for kids, picky eaters, or you just don't get so excited about eating vegetables, the air fryer could be perfect for you. If you like chicken, the air fryer might change your life, and I don't mean that to be dramatic. The air fryer produces restaurant-quality chicken that tastes absurdly decadent, except there's no oil involved in the cooking — just air. We also tried making sesame chicken in the air fryer using boneless skinless chicken thighs. The sesame chicken tasted almost identical to my favorite Chinese takeout, and it had nothing to do with my cooking skills. Thanks to the air fryer, the chicken gets so crispy. I couldn't believe I made this at home!!"
Get it from Amazon for $139.99.
Check out the full review, plus some air fryer recipe suggestions for more!
11. A foldable exercise bike with all the basic features you need if you don't have space or budget for a Peloton but want access to a quick cardio workout at home. It has a magnetic tension system to up the difficulty, and handy features on the screen so you can track your time, speed, distance, and more!
Promising review: "The day I put a COVID-19 suspension on my gym membership, I researched affordable, maneuverable exercise bikes lest my knees get painful for lack of this daily exercise! It arrived in a large box (40 lbs) but this 70-year-old gal was able to easily drag into my house and unpack. The directions are a little hard to follow and I’m not 'handy' but I was able to add a little reasoning and put it together in less than an hour. Now sheltering in place for two weeks, this bike starts my day each morning. The mechanics and electronics work perfectly and help me set goals each day. It has variable tension settings, seat height options and a seat position for tall and for shorter people. I’m 5-foot-6 and selected the setting for a taller person. The seat height is on the fourth hole so you could drop for shorter biker. I have biked and binge-watched series, biked and worked off creeping anxiety as I watch the news and rolled it onto the deck on an unseasonably warm day to peddle to Led Zeppelin on my headphones. BEST purchase for the money that I’ve made in years; it’s a solid investment in both my physical and mental health!" —SG
Get it from Amazon for $143.04.
I bought this bike just as the pandemic was starting in 2020, and it was a *great* choice. I put it together in nooooo time flat, with the help of a handy YouTube video (as suggested by one of the reviewers). And the fold-up size is great, but the bike is sturdy and has great features for the price! I love the cushioned seat, which is muuuuuch comfier than most exercise bike seats I've sat on.
12. The most recent version (it has a built-in light now!!) of the original basic Kindle so you can *instantly download* your next read — either from the Kindle store or from your local library's selection of ebooks. No waiting.
It's glare-free, and has an adjustable front light so you can read in ANY lighting condition — including outside and in the dark!
Promising review: "I love reading. But I've always considered myself as a paper books person. I've started reading electronic books many times, but almost always failed to read them till the end, and I never had this problem with real, physical books. It was especially noticeable when I started to read only in English (which is not my native language): it was ways harder to read from the screen (or so I thought). I bought a Kindle because at some point I couldn't have my paper books with me (because they are bulky and heavy), my friend recommended it to me, and because I already had a bunch of Kindle books bought in a hope to read them someday. And that drastically changed my perception of the electronic books, because:
- the screen and built in light is very comfortable for the eyes
- It is very light and easy to hold in any weird position I read
- it fits in almost all pockets in my jackets (wow)
- most important for me: no distractions. Ever. Just me and the book. I could leave my phone at home and just head to the park or to the beach to read, and read only.
And somehow the combination of those factors helped me fall in love with electronic books. Since I spend a lot of time in European countries which languages I don't speak, now I don't have to bring a pack of books with me everywhere. So I would really name it best purchase I made, for years." —Elena
As a personal note, I love my Kindle SO MUCH, and would definitely consider it the best purchase I made that year. I get books immediately downloaded from the library, and I bring it with me *everywhere* I go. I'm literally reading 10 times as many books a year as I was pre-Kindle.
PSST! Right now, for the same price, you get three months of Kindle Unlimited included!
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (available in black and white, and with or without special offers).
13. A weighted blanket reviewers swear by to help with anxiety, stress, and insomnia. The just-heavy-enough pressure can help you relax and feel comforted enough to drift off.
It's available in three sizes and and 10 weights, so whether you're looking for one for a kid, for yourself, or to use in a king or queen-sized bed with your partner, there's an option for you!
Promising review: "This is the BEST purchase I have ever made. I have been an insomniac for years and have never successfully been treated. Even with many doctors' appointments and medications — NOTHING worked! On top of that I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). I thought I would give this blanket a try. This product is not advertised for RLS but it absolutely should be! I have had my blanket for three days and I have been basically sleeping in a coma-like state!!! It is the soundest and best sleep I have ever had in my life. And the comforting weight on my legs and boy just eases those RLS symptoms and drifts me off to a sound sleep!!! It is so hard to describe the feeling of peace and comfort the minute you lay it on your body. I actually ordered the 15-pound blanket for my weight and height because I wanted the extra weight just in case. I decided to go ahead an order a second one if I have an emergency situation and need even more weight on my legs. This product is phenomenal to say the least!!!" —DeAnn Barksdale
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in six colors and prints).
14. Frank Body's original coffee scrub with an exfoliating blend of coffee grinds (duh), sea salt, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E to soften skin and help fight breakouts without over-drying or feeling too harsh.
Promising review: "Best product I’ve bought! Literally my go-to for everything, I struggle with really bad psoriasis and the coffee body scrub gets rid of it every single time without fail and leaves my skin so soft and glowing, no product I’d ever recommend over this one! Have bought this so many times over the past few years and has never let me down! :)" —Leah M.
Frank Body is a woman co-owned company based in Melbourne, Australia — and all of their products are made there too!
15. A microwave popper so you can buy your kernels in bulk (no annoying little bags!) and top your popcorn with WHATEVER you choose — no oil required, if you don't want to add it!
Promising review: "We absolutely love this. Best purchase of the decade. Makes making good popped popcorn so easy - especially if you hate the waxy taste of microwave popcorn! This was bought as a backup to my first one since it was a hit by all and getting so much use! Perfect amount as well if you are ever like me and end up eating popcorn for dinner LOL" —Sumi Casey
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in ten colors).
16. A salad chopper and bowl guaranteed to change your salad game as you know it; just toss in your greens and veggies, run your round cutter through it, and you're good to go.
Promising review: "Best purchase of the year! This product is so simple and yet it is life-changing for my salad-making! One of the main reasons I never made salads at home was because it was so hard to chop the lettuce. This product makes it so easy and only takes a second to chop your whole salad so you don’t get stuck with awkwardly large pieces of lettuce." —Katie
Get the chopper and bowl set from Amazon for $28.95.
17. A giant bubble-making kit so the whole fam can enjoy a magical backyard activity with surprising ease — and take plenty of photos.
The kit comes with a wand, a pouch of bubble-making concentrate, and a tips & tricks booklet.
Promising review: "I've been looking for ways to cheer up my daughter during this shelter in place so I gave this a shot. The second she saw those giant bubbles her face just lit up. Not only are the bubbles huge but they fly pretty well. The kids in the next apartment complex were giggling as the two-foot bubbles flew over the fence. I am going to need a lot more bubble solution! Best purchase of the year." —Emily B
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in three kit sizes, plus space- and unicorn-themed kits).
18. An avocado tool to add some of that green goodness to every meal and help you eat guacamole guaca-more — no struggling or accidentally cutting yourself trying to get that pit out.
It'll slice open the fruit, painlessly (aka no knife needed) pop out the pit, and create perfectly Instagrammable slices.
Promising review: "I thought this was a unitasker, but it isn't at all! I eat avocado daily and this thing saves me from having to use three utensils. I finally gave in and bought it after I was trying to remove a pit and cut my hand. It was the last cut! Best purchase I made this year. Do your hands a favor and get two of these if you eat 'cados frequently like me." —JR
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
19. A handheld electric milk frother so you don't *have* to leave your home to enjoy a fabulous cafe-quality latte or cappuccino. It even works on iced bevvies — hello ~cold foam~!
It's battery operated — just run it in some soapy water for an easy cleaning.
Promising review: "Best thing I’ve ever bought. I kid you not. I use this everyday to make my matcha drinks. It is a lifesaver and saves you so much time. Don’t think you’re lazy for buying it because it’s so worth the money I promise you." —Neg neg
Get it from Amazon for $9.97 (available in nine colors).
20. A pair of bag-carrying handles if making trip...after trip...after trip...carrying the groceries home is just not working for you. Want to carry ALL the bags at once (without hurting your hands)? These'll do the trick.
Promising review: "Best purchase in 20 years. Yes, I'm one of those people who want to make one trip and one trip only from the car. These handles have been my salvation. I've carried light bags, heavy bags, even hot soup! I've told all my neighbors!!!" —Susan M. Bulavinetz
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $13.95.
21. A fancy-schmancy single-blade razor that glides evenly with yours skin to ensure minimal razor burn and ingrown hairs. Plus, you can use it foreeeevveerrrrr with replacement blades and reduce your plastic use!
Promising review: "Best purchase I've made in a looonnng time! So happy!" —Brianna Shea
Promising review: "My first time using the Oui Razor, I got the closest shave I’ve ever experienced. I have super sensitive skin, and am very prone to razor burn, but this razor, paired with the shave gel, made my legs feel like they had been waxed, and I got NO razor burn! I love this razor!" —Jamie
Get it from Oui the People for $75.
Oui the People is a Black-owned business, and their products are designed to help you get your shave on *without* ingrowns and razor burn — and make you feel good in your skin.