2. A Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush with four modes, three intensities, and three different brush heads so you can customize your cleaning to your dental needs.
3. The Nintendo Switch Lite, which will keep you (and/or a loved one) entertained with video games for hours, whether you're at home or on your commute. Animal Crossing, anyone?
4. A handy dandy over-the-door mirror with a secret — inside is a (lockable!) compartment with space for alllllll your jewelry, plus LED lights so you can see your fave pieces ~sparkle~.
5. A stylish acrylic block and set of sleek black knives, because this'll really dress up your kitchen — and the bonus is they actually are really great knives too! Reviewers swear they're the best, sharpest knives — especially for the price.
6. An air fryer (from the makers of the INSTANT POT!!) so you can crisp up leftovers, make homemade versions of your favorite fried foods (without having to deal with hot oil), and more.
Promising review: "This is the best thing I’ve ever bought. Easy to use and clean." —Dean Cuba
Aaaand here's what BuzzFeed Food writer Hannah Loewentheil has to say about it: "I'd been contemplating buying an air fryer for quite some time, but it wasn't until I found myself cooking every night with my family due to COVID-19 that I finally decided it was the right time to get one. Friends of mine were raving about their new Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer, so after reading similar feedback on Amazon, I decided it looked like a winner. And it happens to be made by the same company that makes the crowd-favorite Instant Pot. I figured I would be using this appliance primarily as air air fryer, but as an added bonus, it can also roast, broil, bake, re-heat, and dehydrate food.
I've had this air fryer for about three weeks now, and I can honestly say it's become the hero of my kitchen. It preheats quickly, it's large enough to a good amount of food at once, it's easy to clean, and it makes food taste crispy on the outside and moist on the inside without any oil. I've been using my air fryer to make vegetables just about every night and it makes them taste so good. If you're cooking for kids, picky eaters, or you just don't get so excited about eating vegetables, the air fryer could be perfect for you. If you like chicken, the air fryer might change your life, and I don't mean that to be dramatic. The air fryer produces restaurant-quality chicken that tastes absurdly decadent, except there's no oil involved in the cooking — just air. We also tried making sesame chicken in the air fryer using boneless skinless chicken thighs. The sesame chicken tasted almost identical to my favorite Chinese takeout, and it had nothing to do with my cooking skills. Thanks to the air fryer, the chicken gets so crispy. I couldn't believe I made this at home!!"
Get it from Amazon for $114.99.
Check out the full review, plus some air fryer recipe suggestions for more!
7. A compact Verilux therapy lamp (called the "Happy Light") that casts UV-free, full-spectrum light to mimic the sun's rays. Reviewers with insomnia, seasonal affective disorder, and even those who work in an office that's low on natural light swear by these to make the darker winter days a little more bearable.
8. A countertop Aerogarden Harvest hydroponic garden so you can grow all the herbs you want (no backyard required). And thanks to the LED grow lights, plus a watering-reminding system, no green thumb required either.
9. The Dyson's Air Wrap Complete, a six-in-one hair dryer and styler that's basically like magic (if you've seen the TikToks, you know). It comes with a pre-styling dryer, two smoothing brushes, and two sizes of curling barrels — all which use hot air to dry *and* style your hair in one. With no damage in sight!
10. A weighted blanket reviewers swear by to help with anxiety, stress, and insomnia. The just-heavy-enough pressure can help you relax and feel comforted enough to drift off.
It's available in three sizes and and 10 weights, so whether you're looking for one for a kid, for yourself, or to use in a king or queen-sized bed with your partner, there's an option for you!
Promising review: "This is the BEST purchase I have ever made. I have been an insomniac for years and have never successfully been treated. Even with many doctors' appointments and medications — NOTHING worked! On top of that I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). I thought I would give this blanket a try. This product is not advertised for RLS but it absolutely should be! I have had my blanket for three days and I have been basically sleeping in a coma-like state!!! It is the soundest and best sleep I have ever had in my life. And the comforting weight on my legs and boy just eases those RLS symptoms and drifts me off to a sound sleep!!! It is so hard to describe the feeling of peace and comfort the minute you lay it on your body. I actually ordered the 15-pound blanket for my weight and height because I wanted the extra weight just in case. I decided to go ahead an order a second one if I have an emergency situation and need even more weight on my legs. This product is phenomenal to say the least!!!" —DeAnn Barksdale
11. The most recent version (it has a built-in light now!!) of the original basic Kindle so you can *instantly download* your next read — either from the Kindle store or from your local library's selection of ebooks. No waiting.
It's glare-free, and has an adjustable front light so you can read in ANY lighting condition — including outside and in the dark!
Promising review: "I love reading. But I've always considered myself as a paper books person. I've started reading electronic books many times, but almost always failed to read them till the end, and I never had this problem with real, physical books. It was especially noticeable when I started to read only in English (which is not my native language): it was ways harder to read from the screen (or so I thought). I bought a Kindle because at some point I couldn't have my paper books with me (because they are bulky and heavy), my friend recommended it to me, and because I already had a bunch of Kindle books bought in a hope to read them someday. And that drastically changed my perception of the electronic books, because:
- the screen and built in light is very comfortable for the eyes
- It is very light and easy to hold in any weird position I read
- it fits in almost all pockets in my jackets (wow)
- most important for me: no distractions. Ever. Just me and the book. I could leave my phone at home and just head to the park or to the beach to read, and read only.
And somehow the combination of those factors helped me fall in love with electronic books. Since I spend a lot of time in European countries which languages I don't speak, now I don't have to bring a pack of books with me everywhere. So I would really name it best purchase I made, for years." —Elena
As a personal note, I love my Kindle SO MUCH, and would definitely consider it the best purchase I made that year. I get books immediately downloaded from the library, and I bring it with me *everywhere* I go. I'm literally reading 10 times as many books a year as I was pre-Kindle.
PSST! Right now, for the same price, you get three months of Kindle Unlimited included!
Get it from Amazon for $89.99 (available in black and white, and with or without special offers).
12. An under-the-sink water filtration system to help you kiss your Brita goodbye and pour a glass of the good stuff straight from the tap. And fun fact: It's designed to be installed in under three minutes.
It has a two-step filter that removes 99.99% of contaminants, and it comes with direct connect hoses to hook right up to the standard 3/8-inch valves in US kitchen sinks. That image on the right? What a reviewer's filter looks like after five months of use in Houston, Texas.
Promising review: "The best purchase I've made. Installed it under the kitchen sink, stopped buying cases of bottled water. Drinking LA tap water, I never thought it was possible. Tastes great." —Paul
Promising review: "We have town water and it seems they are putting more and more chlorine in it every year. We should be getting used to it and tasting it less and less, not more! The refrigerator filters are super expensive and weren't cutting it. Every time I put a glass to my mouth it smelled like a swimming pool. I searched the internet and decided to give this a try due to the positive reviews and affordability. Wow! easy install (I'm an avid DIYer). And the taste! The chlorine taste is just gone! No more overpriced fridge filters for us. I love that the filter replacement procedure is basically the same as a fridge. Just twist and remove. We love it so much I teed off the fridge line and put a dispenser at our sink as well. The flow on this thing is just amazing! And the water tastes great! Don't waste your money on the expensive, complicated ones. My parents have a three-chambered, name brand filter at their house. It was expensive, the replacement filters are expensive, it is a pain in the petunias to replace the filters, and the flow rate is pathetic! But guess what! Our water from this filter tastes just as good as theirs at a fraction of the price, plus it's way more convenient, plus the flow rate is way better. I just can't say enough. Love, Love it! You will too!" —BJ
Get it from Amazon for $74.99.
13. A plush shag rug in a pretty or neutral color you can lay down as base layer that makes entering any room feel like walking on Cloud 9.
14. A pair of Apple AirPods (25% off for Amazon's Epic Deals right now) reviewers say are a must if you have an iPhone or other Apple products. They pair easily, stay comfortably in your ears all day, and sound great!
Promising review: "I was sooooo hesitant on purchasing AirPods. I’ve been plotting on the idea for months, literally. Let me start by saying, I AM SO HAPPY I FINALLY DID. I actually ordered my boyfriend a pair too. Prior to owning Airpods my only wireless headphones were Beats Solo 3s. What a difference, AirPods are so convenient, comfortable, reliable, and so much more! The sound is awesome and they are so easy to operate. I’d recommend them to everyone and I’d say if you’ve been hesitant like I have you should take the leap!" —Sierra
Promising review: "Wish I would have bought them years ago. Best purchase I have ever made. These are life changing." —Brian Kling
Get them from Amazon for $119.99 (currently 25% off the original price of $159).
If you want excellent noise-cancelling, try AirPods Pro — they're almost $70 off right now!
16. A Philips alarm clock that simulates sunrise so you wake up more naturally — aka more rarin' to go, less groggy, and ready to hit the day running.
It has 20 brightness settings that slowly increase over 30 minutes so you rise ~with the sun~, feeling energized and ready for the day. Once it's at full brightness, only *then* will the alarm sound go off. AAAAANNNNDDD it has a *reverse* sunset mode that slowly fades away, while you fade out of consciousness yourself.
Promising review: "I used to have such issues waking up. Sleeping through alarms that would wake up neighbors in the next apartment but not me. This is the only alarm/wake up remedy that has worked out of a baker's dozen. I wake up and feel excited that I've worked up for class on time and when you live in sub-freezing temperatures that is something that is rare. If you're on the fence do it. It's the best buy I've made in years." —Andy Anderson
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
17. A foldable exercise bike with all the basic features you need if you don't have space or budget for a Peloton but want access to a quick cardio workout at home. It has a magnetic tension system to up the difficulty, and handy features on the screen so you can track your time, speed, distance, and more!
Promising review: "The day I put a COVID-19 suspension on my gym membership, I researched affordable, maneuverable exercise bikes lest my knees get painful for lack of this daily exercise! It arrived in a large box (40 lbs) but this 70-year-old gal was able to easily drag into my house and unpack. The directions are a little hard to follow and I’m not 'handy' but I was able to add a little reasoning and put it together in less than an hour. Now sheltering in place for two weeks, this bike starts my day each morning. The mechanics and electronics work perfectly and help me set goals each day. It has variable tension settings, seat height options and a seat position for tall and for shorter people. I’m 5-foot-6 and selected the setting for a taller person. The seat height is on the fourth hole so you could drop for shorter biker. I have biked and binge-watched series, biked and worked off creeping anxiety as I watch the news and rolled it onto the deck on an unseasonably warm day to peddle to Led Zeppelin on my headphones. BEST purchase for the money that I’ve made in years; it’s a solid investment in both my physical and mental health!" —SG
Get it from Amazon for $166.39.
I bought this bike just as the pandemic was starting last spring, and it was a *great* choice. I put it together in nooooo time flat, with the help of a handy YouTube video (as suggested by one of the reviewers). And the fold-up size is great, but the bike is sturdy and has great features for the price! I love the cushioned seat, which is muuuuuch comfier than most exercise bike seats I've sat on. My parents ended up getting one after I did, and they are PEDALING away too!
18. Or if you don't have room for (even a fold-up) bike, a mini pedal exerciser you can stick under your desk — and the office or at home — and stay energized while reading, watching reality TV, or during that meeting that could very much have been an email.
19. A fancy-schmancy single-blade razor that glides evenly with yours skin to ensure minimal razor burn and ingrown hairs. Plus, you can use it foreeeevveerrrrr with replacement blades and reduce your plastic use!
Promising review: "Best Investment EVER. Not only is this razor gorgeous, it is super easy to wield. I got the closest, smoothest shave EVER. It was a learning curve, since I had previously been used to flexible plastic razors, but it's so worth it. Most importantly, I feel great about not continuing to toss plastic razors in the landfill. Great experience, I'm so glad I found Oui the People." —Kathryn Harris
Promising review: "My first time using the Oui Razor, I got the closest shave I’ve ever experienced. I have super sensitive skin, and am very prone to razor burn, but this razor, paired with the shave gel, made my legs feel like they had been waxed, and I got NO razor burn! I love this razor!" —Jamie
Get it from Oui the People for $75 (available for pre-order).
Oui the People is a Black-owned business, and their products are designed to help you get your shave on *without* ingrowns and razor burn — and make you feel good in your skin.
20. A seven-in-one Instant Pot Duo you've probably heard a lot about — for a good reason. Or rather seven good reasons: It'll slow cook, pressure cook, make rice, sauté, make yogurt, and keep food warm. Bye-bye other appliances!
Promising review: "Best thing I’ve ever bought! I use it constantly and it’s wonderfully fast! Producing great meals." —Trubyslippers
Promising review: "We bought this a few weeks ago since we have been hearing so much about them and let me tell you, these are the best thing to come around since sliced bread. Basically we haven't had anything to eat in two weeks that hasn't been made in the Instant Pot. The pot itself comes with a recipe book and there are so many more online and we are yet to find a recipe that isn't amazing. The build of the Pot is super sturdy as well. highly recommend." —Thomas D
Get a six-quart Instant Pot from Amazon for $89 (also available in three-quart and eight-quart sizes).
21. A Waterpik that'll take all the work out of flossing (including...buying floss at all). Just aim the nozzle, and a targeted jet of water'll get right in between your teeth, removing plaque and food particles without irritating your gums — or cutting off the circulation to your fingertips like regular floss.
This model has an on/off switch right on the handle so you can pause easily without squirting water all over your bathroom. It comes with seven flossing tips for different needs, including for crowns and implants — this is great for braces, too!
Promising review: "My hygienist at the dentist office recommended I buy one of these. This is the best thing I ever bought. Works just fantastic! I love it." —robert taylor
Promising review: "This thing is a necessity. That's how strongly I feel about it after a month of usage. I had regularly used floss and felt that it was adequate, but decided to purchase a Waterpik because it was on sale and I was bored. Wow. This is one of the most important purchases I've made in years. I feel like a good analogy would be to try imagining cleaning the hard-to-reach parts of your vehicle with a rope. You've done it for years because it's all you know. Then enters the pressure washer, which allows you to blast things to smithereens. Floss = rope, Waterpik = pressure washer. Bam. Done. Not going back as long as it works." —Damian
Get it from Amazon for $67+ (available in four colors).
Check our our review of a different Waterpik model to learn more about water flossing!