We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Ethylene gas-absorbing apples for anyone tired of fresh produce spoiling before they can use it — the company claims these'll save the average household up to $600 per year.
They can keep produce fresher for two to three times longer. Each packet inside the Bluapple lasts three months, and you can order replacement packets as needed.
Promising review: "Lettuce was going bad in my refrigerator produce bin while lettuce in my outdoor compost bin seemed to stay green much longer. Then I bought these, and now my lettuce stays fresh for a very long time. This product pays for itself many times over." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $14.99.
2. A dishwasher cleaner and disinfectant to remove limescale, rust, grease, and other nasty buildup so your machine runs more efficiently than ever (aka you do *not* have to replace your whole unit if your dishes just aren't getting as clean as they used to) — while you just sit back and relax. It even kills Salmonella and E. coli!
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher, due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in good housekeeping magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, per instructions, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.99.
3. A set of vegan waxed food wraps so you can say buh-bye to that frustrating roll of plastic wrap and stop wasting money on rolls of aluminum foil. These bbs are reusable (just rinse with mild soap to clean) and work like magic — molding to any shape container with just the heat from your hands.
I got this set of wraps in my attempt to not use roll after roll after roll of aluminum foil every five minutes. And guess what — they're great! They're vegan soy wax (also available in beeswax) and super cute. You get three different sizes, which are varied enough to fit just about any random leftover bowl I need to stick in the fridge that day. Just press the wrap down around the edge of your chosen container, and the heat from your hands seals it with ease. Voila!
Get a set of three from Amazon for $18.99.
4. A mini waffle iron perfect for making a big batch, which you can then freeze and toast whenever you need a quick breakfast.
When you make much cheaper and tastier waffles than the ones in the freezer aisle, you will finally be able to ~leggo that Eggo~.
Promising review: "This little waffle maker is so perfect! It makes the perfect-size waffles, the smaller ones you would get out of the freezer section at the grocery store. I just buy some mix and make a huge batch to freeze for my son, and he just pops them in the toaster. I also made a bunch to make waffle sandwiches for my daughter. Healthier and a lot cheaper. I make those up and freeze them as well to be able to just pop them in the microwave." —SnoopyHJ
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in 19 colors and shapes).
5. A knife sharpener with two grooves (one for coarse sharpening and one for quick touch-ups) to make your year-old knives slice like brand new.
Promising review: "I have had my set of knives for over 10 years. I was looking to replace them when someone recommended trying to sharpen them. I hated sharpening the knives with the sharpener they came with. I wanted something easy. This was it! I sharpened all my knives with it and they are like they were when I first purchased them. This knife sharpener made it quick and easy. It saved me a lot of money from purchasing a new set. If your knives are dull, give this a try. You can't beat it for the price!" —M. Bell
Get it from Amazon for $8.87.
6. A roll of ~bamboo~ paper towels you can toss in the washing machine and reuse over *120 times*. They're super-absorbent and durable, but are soft enough to use on your skin, too. You can even use them on your Swiffer!
One roll of these will tackle a number of messes equivalent to 60 ROLLS of conventional paper towels.
Promising review: "I've had these bamboo towels for a month now and am incredibly impressed with their performance! They're much larger than a regular paper towel, thicker, softer and more absorbent. I've washed the first ones I've torn off the roll several times now and they DO survive the laundry and perform just as well afterward. I've only used five bamboo towels this month, washed them and re-used. Several times. I would have been through a whole roll of Brawny by now. One caveat...when you wash them, you're supposed to air dry them, so I haven't sent any through the dryer. And I haven't needed to, because allowing them to air dry has not affected the quality of the towels when I 're-roll' them!" —A. Clark
Get a roll from Amazon for $9.99.
7. A bottle of wood oil to keep any wood item in your kitchen *thriving* — especially your cutting board, but don't forget about those almost-antique wooden spoons too! Why buy another?
Promising review: "Save your money by using this on your wooden utensils and chopping boards. I have had a problem in the past with boards cracking or splitting due to little or no maintenance on my part. This has helped extend their life span beyond what it would normally be. It's easy to apply, has little to no scent to it, and after it's been absorbed into the surface makes my chopping boards and wooden spoons look much better and last longer!" —Jesse
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
8. A panini press with floating lids that can perfectly grill up any size sandwich — and at a way smaller price tag than an airplane ticket to Italy...or a trip to your local deli on the regular.
And it stores vertically for compact storage in even the teeniest kitchens.
Promising review: "Freaking awesome! Who knew?! Just like the real thing, at a rock bottom price. This is one of the smartest purchases I have made in a while. This little machine works. The only thing is you have to remember to unplug. Love it. I am eating loads of veggies because of this little number, and saving money as well making my sandwiches at home." —Customer
Get it from Amazon for $44.98.
And if you prefer making grilled cheese the old-fashioned way, check out our picks for the best cast-iron skillet.
9. A set of reusable grocery bags to help you shop greener and save money if your local stores charge you for plastic bags — basically, buying these makes a lot of ~cents~.
Promising review: "These are giant bags. They are extremely sturdy. I can go grocery shopping for my whole family using these and I’m not afraid of them ripping or tearing like I do with store bags or other reusable bags. The patterns are also really cute." —Amber Sayre
Get them from Amazon for $13.99+ (for a set of five; available in three sets).
10. A set of reusable snack and sandwich bags so you can stop buying and tossing disposable ones ever again — and convince you to actually bring lunch to work once in a while. Snacks!!
They're leak-safe, dishwasher-safe, and freezer-safe, too.
Promising review: "I've been using these for a couple of weeks now and they have saved me SO many bags already! Easy to clean too, I've just been putting them in the dishwasher and letting them air dry, but they dry quickly as well." —Heather L. Nickler
Get a set of 12 (5 sandwich, 5 snack, 2 gallon size) from Amazon for $15.99 (also available in smaller 4- and 8-packs).
11. Cheese storage paper guaranteed to keep your cheddar sharp, your Parmesan poppin', and your Brie better than ever for way, way longer.
The paper breathes just the right amount, maintaining the perfect humidity and mimicking the environment that cheese is aged in.
Promising review: "Before I bought this cheese paper I would do the cheese search in the refrigerator. After buying cheeses, opening them, and then rewrapping them in heaven knows what (namely plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and plastic containers), it was always the same result: moldy cheese. This box contains the paper in sheets plus some stickers that you can write on with the name of the cheese and the date it was wrapped or even sell by date. There are also pictures of a sheep, cow, and goat so the source can be identified by circling or checking one of them! What I also like is that the cheeses can be rewrapped after use and amazingly the stickers still stick! The paper can also be cut to size to wrap smaller cheeses. So far I have noted that the cheeses have stayed fresh with not a trace of mold. I highly recommend this product to all cheese lovers!" —Prairie Woman
Get a package of 15 11-inch x 14-inch sheets of cheese paper from Amazon for $15 (also available in larger packs).
12. A Nespresso Vertuo Plus that'll save both counter space (it's super slim for a Nesoresso) ~aNd~ the amount of money you spend at your local coffee shop on high-quality espressos and coffees.
You can get it bundled with a milk frother, so say hello to delicious lattes and cappuccinos, too. I have one of these bbs and it makes your morning brew quick + delicious — ideal for pre-caffeinated brains. And you can recycled the used capsules! When I haven't made cold brew, I opt for a hot coffee make with my Nespresso Vertuo — it makes my mornings *SO* much easier.
Promising review: "I bought this on a whim for Black Friday, but seriously I've completely fallen in love with it. It creates high quality coffee, and you can get more than just the single espresso shots, it has 7.7oz and even larger options as well! I've always hated the taste of the coffee from other single serve coffee machines, and would rather just use my french press or take a quick trip to the local coffee shop. After I got this, I haven't been to the coffee shop since! (and have probably saved about as much money as it originally cost!)" —jessbug
Get it from Amazon for $183.95 (available in four colors, plus bundled with the milk frother and coffee capsules).
13. Or if you're a Keurig person, a set of reusable pods so you can make your favorite coffee without shelling out on individual K-Cups.
You can even clean 'em right in the dishwasher.
Promising review: "If you're worried about landfills, these reusable K-cups are the bomb. They are the exact right size, easy to fill and clean, and they make the perfect cup of coffee. In fact, I find that the coffee made with this leaves less grounds deposits in my cup, so that's actually superior. Anyway, you can save a lot of money by buying medium-ground coffee and filling these little things yourself. You can't go wrong if your goal is to save money and avoid dumping so much in landfills." —David Good
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $15.95.
14. And a handheld electric milk frother so you don't *have* to leave your home to enjoy a fabulous cafe-quality latte or cappuccino. It even works on iced bevvies — hello SWEET CREAM COLD FOAM at home!
It's battery operated — just run it in some soapy water for an easy cleaning.
Promising review: "Love this little thing! I have every thing you can think of at home for making coffee and espresso... Well I love the Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew with foam. I set out to make my own. Well I can now make cold foam thanks to this little tool. Love it!" —Gav's mama
Get it from Amazon for $9.97 (available in nine colors).
15. A fume-free oven cleaner you can spray on, leave for a minute, and then wipe away for an oven so clean, you'll think it was swapped out for a new model overnight. Trip to the appliance store = postponed.
Promising review: "Miracle in a spray can! I had just about given up on my stove top, and was getting ready to purchase a replacement top when I came across this product. I sprayed it on the entire surface of my stove and let it sit for two days. After that, with a little elbow grease I was able to easily remove all the extensive build up! It almost looks like brand new. By investing a few dollars and time, I was able to save so much more, since I no longer need to purchase a new stove top. Such a bargain in this little spray can." —Jem
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.41.
16. A microwave popper so you can buy your kernels in bulk (no dumb little bags!) and top your popcorn with WHATEVER you choose — no oil required, if you don't want to add it!
Promising review: "This is a great little invention. Easy to clean and store, and it pops the popcorn perfectly every single time. Save yourself a ton of money, and just buy this and pick up some unpopped kernels from the grocery store. I bought a small organic bag for $3 and got about 15-20 bowls out of it. Now I can finally have some decent microwave popcorn without having to deal with the trans fats or palm oil that all of the major brands seem to use in their products nowadays." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in 14 colors).
17. A two-in-one citrus reamer and saver that'll both make juice and store it so you don't waste a whole lemon or orange on a recipe that only requires a little.
AND it has measurements printed right on it for even more convenience.
Promising review: "Easy to use and easy to store leftovers in the fridge. I generally only need a tablespoon of lemon, lime, or orange juice at a time (for single serving dressings or recipe flavorings, not for juice drinking). So I juice the whole fruit and save the rest for next time right in this tool." —Jodi Vezzetti
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
18. A brown sugar-softening bear so you won't ever check your pantry before making chocolate chip cookies or your morning oatmeal, only to find rock-hard brown sugar you now have to toss. It'll stay soft and scoop-able every time.
Just soak it in water for 20 minutes and pop in the container. You can *also* use it without soaking to absorb moisture, keeping foods like pretzels, crackers, chips — and even salt — nice and dry.
Promising review: "This is the second brown sugar bear I've purchased because they work so well. They are simple to use and very effective. Soak it in water and then place it in your brown sugar container. It will keep the sugar soft and easy to scoop. If you have brown sugar that has already hardened and is like a solid rock, you can place the bear in the container and by the next day you will be able to scoop it again. It's simple, effective, and inexpensive. There is no reason not to get this little bear." —Hannah M.
Get a set of two from Amazon for $8.99.
19. And a set of reusable BPA-free plastic straws so you can fully replicate that Starbucks iced-coffee feeling without actually going there (or buying boxes of straws for home) — aka you'll help save money AND save the turtles. If you don't love that cold-cold-cold feeling of stainless steel straws, glass are a great option!
They come with a cleaning brush, but they're dishwasher-safe, too!
Promising review: "Look, I love having drinks through straws like my iced coffee every morning. BUT I’m absolutely terrified of not being able to clean them well on the inside. Like, even after using the straw cleaner my brain always insists that there could be some gunk I didn’t get in the inside and that I would be sucking it up and drinking it once I use it. I didn’t want to use disposable straws for obvious reasons, so when I found THESE clear ones. My life changed. I can now see if there’s stuff on them or not and make sure they’re CLEAN before using them. 100/10 recommend if you struggle with the same issue (which I know maybe not a lot of people do lol)." —Monica
Get a set of 12 from Amazon for $4.99 (available in 10.5 inch and 13 inch lengths).
20. A vacuum-sealing wine saver to remove air and keep your wine fresh for up to a week — great for people who drink one glass a day or use wine for cooking!
Put the stopper in your open bottle, attach the vacuum sealer, and pump out the air. When you hear the patented click, that means it's sealed! The vacuum seal prevents oxidization (because there's no air next to the wine), preserving the taste.
Promising review: "This product keeps your red wine good for about a week and is also nice to use on white wine to ensure freshness. I'm so happy I bought it! I like to have a glass of wine or two in the evenings, but I rarely finish a bottle of red within the time it takes the wine to go bad (which I find is 3-4 days). With this, my red wine lasts about a week and a half!" —LindsayRoseEliz.
Get a wine saver with two stoppers from Amazon for $16.20+ (available in four colors).
21. A lemongrass-scented, slow-burning soy candle for keeping your kitchen smelling fresh; soy candles last far longer than regular wax candles. And reviewers rave about how these lovely (but not overpowering) scents spread throughout the house!
Promising review: "This is the best candle I've had in a long time! I little pricey for a smaller candle but this thing is worth every penny! The smell is absolutely perfect! I wish I could find this in a perfume...it's SO nice! I burned it for about 6 hours the first night I had it and it's been lit for 3 hours tonight and the wax level has barely changed! Very slow burning so you definitely get your money's worth! LOVE THIS THING!!! BUY IT!!!" —Amanda
Promising review: "The smell of this candle is so nice and is very slow burning. I think I had it lit for over four hours and it looked like it had barely melted. I love it and will be purchasing more!" —Christa Pannell
Get it from Amazon for $14.95 (available in two sizes and 23 scents).
22. A grocery list notepad so you 1) never forget anything at the grocery store, and 2) stop wasting money on impulse purchases you don't *actually* need. Stick to the list!
Promising review: "The What to Eat pad has been really helpful with meal planning. Every Sunday I can sit down and plan the week, then do my grocery shopping accordingly. It helps save money, limits trips to the store, and ensures that we use our fresh produce before it goes bad — not to mention saving us from the 'what do you want for dinner' 'well what do YOU want for dinner' loop. The spots for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks are helpful too because those meals tend to be more on-the-fly than planned, but we can see at a glance what we have at home without hunting through the freezer or cabinets. The magnet is strong and sticks to the fridge very securely, and the pages are sturdy too. If you are trying to be better at meal planning this pad is a great place to start." —Emily
Get it from Amazon for $9.10 (available in six styles, including ones for keto, vegetarian, and vegan diets).
23. Antimicrobial silicone sponges that'll never get stinky — they're almost 100% resistant to mold and mildew, more durable than regular sponges, and won't scratch your pots and pans! Aka you won't be tossing a whole new sponge every other day.
They *guarantee* that each scrubber sponge will stay odor-free for at least three months.
Promising review: "My girlfriend has a keen nose for mildew, which meant we were throwing out kitchen sponges well before they were worn out. I came across these and was very happy with the first ones we tried. Absolutely no odor, even after several weeks worth of usage. The scrubber will break down long before it starts to smell. A definite winner in my book!" —Amazon Customer
Promising review: "Never again will I scrub my dishes with a classic sponge! I love this thing— they last a considerably longer time than your typical sponge, and are easy to refresh in the dishwasher." —Gracie
24. Or a completely reusable sponge (run it through the washing machine or dishwasher for cleaning) made from terry cloth on one side, cotton flannel on the other, and polyester mesh for a super effective clean that's also better for the earth AND your wallet.
The prints are also just super cute!
Promising review: "I’ve been searching for a dish sponge alternative for a long time. I bought one of these to try it out. I loved it so much I bought three more!! Excellent quality, flexible, soft but scrubs well with the mesh, keeps a good lather... all in all even better than a regular dish sponge! I’m thrilled! No more plastic trash dish sponges for me!! Thank you!! 💙🌎💚" —Jessica Hames
Get it from Marley's Monsters on Etsy for