We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their favorite family activities to do during the holidays. Here are the fun results:
1. Bake batches of cookies to give out as gifts.
2. Start a new gift swapping game.
3. And make it actually competitive.
4. Practice your group acting skills.
5. Challenge your relatives to a gross food-off.
6. Bring childhood traditions (like blanket forts) back as adults.
7. Drive around together — with a purpose.
8. Do something slightly embarrassing as a group.
9. Turn holiday foods into a game.
10. Resolve your aggressions with a Nerf war.
11. Do little things to make the day more fun.
12. Play a game and then soothe battle wounds with a family-friendly movie.
13. Really. Play a game that gets the tension out.
14. Give everyone a turn at being in charge of the music.
15. Set up a family-wide tournament.
16. When in doubt, drink.
17. Start a holiday-themed tradition.
18. But really, just try to get through and have fun with your family and friends.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.