47 Amazing Hair Products That Really And Truly Work
Because every day is a good hair day.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A L'Oreal *eight-second* lamellar water rinse-out treatment reviewers swear by for next-level shine, softness, and just all-around "is THIS my hair?!"–ness.
Shine in a silicone-free product?! Dreams really do come true. Reviewers with everything from stick straight to 4C curls love this product.
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot a breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would of thought this brand would work on my hair. I have always used ethnic hair products and stayed away from brands such as this one because of the alcohol consumption. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
2. A cult-status Wet Brush with 86% five-star reviews for a reason. It'll detangle even the most stubborn hair...WITHOUT ripping it from your scalp, thanks to the flexible bristles that glide rather than tug.
Promising review: "Oh praise all the spiritual beings because I have finally found a hairbrush that seems to work on my child's unruly hair without her screaming that I'm ripping her scalp off every time I go to brush her hair. I don't know what happens to this child while she sleeps, but every morning it's as if she's been headbanging in the middle of a tornado and I have to brush through that mess. Even with detangler it was a challenge before, but now it goes much more smoothly. Could not be more pleased with it. I use this on my own hair too and if there are any knots, I don't even feel when they are brushed out. Seriously, love it." —Lissa K.
Get a set of two from Amazon for $15.99.
3. Or an ergonomically-designed detangling brush featuring cone-shaped bristles that separate tangles by pulling them apart sideways, not tugging them down. It's a miracle worker for everything from thick, coily hair to the finest strands!
Promising review: "I always skeptical of products that claim to 'glide through,' but this brush actually works! I have very thick kinky coily hair and this brush passes through my hair easily both wet and dry. I'd recommend this product to anyone looking for a good detangling brush. And yes, I'm leaving my Denman brush for this one." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.88 (available in five colors).
4. A Kiss Instawave automatic curling iron that rotates to create curls or waves in seconds. All you need to do is press the button and watch the magic happen.
It has prongs along the side that smooth and detangle hair as it gets wrapped around, while the ceramic iconic barrel ensures your curls are shiny, healthy, and frizz-free. It also automatically shuts off after 90 minutes to give you peace of mind after you've left for the day. PLUS it has over 3,000 five-star Amazon reviews *and* directions to help you use it, whether you have short, medium, or long hair.
Promising review: "Here's the deal, I'm pretty much a tomboy, I don't know how to do my makeup, I have thick hair, but never knew how to do anything but straighten it, until a friend made me try her Kiss automatic curling iron. It legitimately works and it's the easiest thing to use! I've (briefly) tried other wands and burn myself over and over. I've never burned myself with this tool and I love that it makes it easy to curl away from your face on either side, with just a push of a button. I also like that it dings when it's done, so it takes some guess work out. If you want curls, but are intimidated by all the tools out there, you won't be disappointed with this styler." —Uskadelig
Get it from Amazon for $36.10.
5. And if you're looking for ~options~, a five-in-one curling iron and wand set with interchangeable barrels to make achieving the curls of your Pinterest board dreams a reality.
It has nine temperature settings so you can ensure you get curls that last without heat damaging your hair, and a swivel cord so you don't get ~tangled~ up as you go.
Promising review: "This is hands-down the best curling iron I have ever had, love the quickness that it heats up, the handle is made of the really smooth silicone, fits so well in your hand! Love the automatic off switch for I can forget to cut mine off at times. But even with saying all this, the most love part of this iron is the way your hair is smoothed and curled using this! Gives me great curls that last me for a couple days. The irons are easy to switch off to add another size. Also like the added zippered bag it comes with, easy for travel! The glove is great for sure! Best iron I have ever used in 25 years!!!" —Joy4Joy
Get it from Amazon for $49.49.
6. Or a 42-pack of curling rods you can use wet or dry to create gorgeous *no-heat styles* on all hair textures. An amazing head of twists and curls is only one sleep away. Wrap your hair around the outside, twist the flexible rod into a loop, c-, or s-shape and then... go to bed!
Promising review: "I LOOOOVE these curlers! My hair is super long and it never does anything but awkwardly bend because it’s super poker straight! I have to have curlers in overnight to get any curl to stick and these are super comfortable to sleep in! My curls were amazing!! Finally an adorable spiral curl! What’s even better is the second day they STILL looked beautiful! I cannot rant and rave enough about how Awesome these are!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
7. Dyson's Air Wrap Complete, a six-in-one hair dryer and styler that's basically like magic (if you've seen the TikToks, you know). It comes with a pre-styling dryer, two smoothing brushes, and two sizes of curling barrels — all which use hot air to dry *and* style your hair in one. With no damage in sight!
I.....will never go back after using the Dyson Air Wrap. My well-documented love of the John Frieda hot air brush remains true (and for the price, it's still a great blowout brush!) but this bb is beyond next level (which it should be for over $500 hard-earned dollars). I have coarse, type 2/3 waves and curls (different curl types with basically every strand), and the attachements dry and style my hair with ease. And the curls last and last — shocking in this truly tropical summer we're having in New York this year. The curling effect that just SUCKS ON your hair is...mind-blowing. It maxes out at a non-damaging temperature, so even though your style is locked-in for days, your hair will stay healthy. After years of heavy balayage and....lots of curling iron activity, after using this and no other hot tools exclusively, my curl pattern finally is looking the best it has in a long time! Just a note though — if you have longer hair, definitely get the longer curling barrels. My hair is about mid-back, and while I *can* use the shorter ones, I'm going to upgrade soon myself!
Promising review: "I have 4b/c natural hair, and was looking for a to blow dry quickly on the days when I'm bored with my coils. I wasn't sure about the curling attachments getting hot enough to style my hair, but thought if it worked, this might be worth the investment. So far I'm very impressed! Was able to blow dry my hair in about 25 mins (a task that usually takes twice that long) and use the barrels to create some nice beachy waves. I've even used the dryer without attachments to quickly dry make-up setting spray, and nail polish. I'm pretty happy with my purchase." —Dyson Customer
Promising review: "I have had my Airwrap for about a month and I absolutely love it! It takes a little getting used to but it works so well. I have somewhat fine, very straight mid length hair and all of the attachments give me a little different style. The great thing is that the styles last longer than when I get a salon blow out! It leaves your hair shiny and soft and I think this is a fabulous product. I highly recommend it." —RobinD
8. A nourishing blend of oils like avocado, castor, argan, and olive to promote hair growth, prevent breakage and split ends, and seal your hair — all within an episode of your favorite sitcom. That's right, just leave it in under a cap and heat for 20 minutes.
Promising review: "This oil really surprised me. My attitude with oils was always, an oil is an oil. But there is something with this oil combination that makes a big difference in my hair. Even though it's an oil it makes my hair feel so hydrated, I can't explain it. It just works. I buy three bottles at a time now." —Candice K.
Get it from Kinky Tresses for $14.99.
Kinky Tresses is a Black woman–owned company that makes products for natural hair — and all of their products are nontoxic and cruelty-free. The founder is a former lab scientist, so you know you'll get ~results~.
9. A Living Proof de-frizzing spray to soften hair between shampoos, reducing up to **92%** of frizz AND providing UV protection, without a lot of product buildup.
It's made with a five oil blend that mimics your hair's natural oil, meaning your locks will feel soft and healthy rather than greasy. And it works on curly hair types too! 🙌
Promising review: "First, you should know that my hair is naturally wavy and very frizzy. Secondly, I live in the tropics; here in south Florida we INVENTED frizz! I normally have a salon keratin treatment every couple of months to keep my hair smooth and shiny, but I’m badly overdue right now. Well...dang! This product is nothing short of amazing! Yes, after being outside in the humidity for a period of time, those frizzies do start popping up again (let’s be realistic!)... HOWEVER, all I need do is run the brush through my hair again to re-activate the product and it’s smooth sailing once again; re-applying is not necessary! I am LIVING PROOF that this is a revolutionary product. Ha Ha. I’ve since put off my salon keratin treatment again while I try more products from this game-changing line." —JillinWPB
Get it from Sephora for $29.
10. A pack of virtually unbreakable hair ties specifically designed for long, thick, and/or curly hair. No slipping, no stretching out, and no damage to your strands.
Promising review: "Okay, I never write reviews for things, but I can't not write a review for these. I know, I know, it's just a hair tie. But it's not just a hair tie! I don't have super thick hair and it's by no means curly, but these hair ties are perfect! I'm a runner and always put my hair in a high-ish ponytail for my runs. With every other hair tie I've gotten in the past, my ponytail ends up a lot lower than where I started with it. Not so with these! I put my hair up nice and high and it stayed nice and high! It's the little things in life." —KL
Promising review: "These are a godsend. I have thick natural hair between 4b/c that comes right underneath my chin when stretched. Finding a band that doesn’t break when I divide my hair into fours or twos is difficult; this one does just the trick and it doesn’t pull too much out either. I’ll probably buy another pack because I lose hair bands like socks!" —Cadie
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $6.49.
11. A Neutrogena volume-boosting clarifying shampoo you can use every few washes to remove all the product residue and buildup you've accumulated with styling.
Promising review: "I bought this because of the low price but it is AMAZING! It smells heavenly, it clarifies my scalp thoroughly and definitely gets rid of build up. I use it once every two weeks. You HAVE to follow up with a very moisturizing deep conditioner, let it sit for a while then comb through your hair. It's a new staple for me." —Nicky C.
Get it from Amazon for $8.79.
This does have sulfates, so it can be drying — use it sparingly, follow with a super-hydrating conditioner, or opt for a hydrating clarifying shampoo if you have curlier or dryer hair types.
12. An Elizavecca collagen-infused ~protein treatment~ for an intense at-home mask that'll help your strands look and feel less damaged in just five minutes. It's basically a time machine for your hair is what I'm saying.
This is the same brand that makes the MIlky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask so many people swear by.
Promising review: "I've been very careful when lightening my hair, but the straw feeling is sometimes inevitable when bleached. THIS PRODUCT IS MAGIC. I've always gone to my hairdresser when coloring so I've been fortunate to have my hair stay pretty nice but this made a world of a difference. My hair is like silk, or soft butter. So incredibly soft and shiny, I feel like a walking hair commercial. My hair feels so moisturized and healthy, just as soft if not softer than my hair was prior to coloring (been highlighting for 5 years now). Will be buying more before I run out, I will never stop using this product. FYI my natural color is the dark brown at the roots and my hair looks healthier than a natural blonde IMO :) ADD TO YOUR CART YOU WONT REGRET. After you shampoo, load your hair up and do the rest of your shower, heck have it be a long shower bc you deserve it, and rinse out with lukewarm water." —Meghan Davey
Promising review: "I have 4C hair and was looking for a protein treatment for my thin and fragile. I had recently used a product in my hair that had so much alcohol in it; that wreaked havoc on my hair, leaving it pretty damaged. I was very skeptical about this product because I have never seen anyone with my hair type use it. Boy was I wrong to doubt this product, it left my hair looking and feeling beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone natural or with curly hair." —Therese-Claire
Get it from Amazon for $7.78.
And check out the BuzzFeed Shopping editor pictured above's Elizavecca hair mask review for her first-hand experience (it's #1 in the post)!
13. A bottle of Ecoslay's Orange Marmalade, a curl definer *handmade* in one of the founders' kitchens, so it may take a while to arrive, but the results will be worth it.
One of my besties tried this after seeing the hype online, and when she sent me a photo of the definition and shine her curls had, I was floored. The definition was next level. And she's been using it for over a year now, she loves it that much.
Promising review: "Legitimate holy grail product, this stuff is incredible. I have mixed high-low porosity 3a-b curls. After torturing them with heat for the last 15 years I’ve been experimenting with the CGM and this is the best styling product EVER. Solid cast, amazing definition and shine, my curls are so soft and bouncy. Minimal stickiness and this stuff doesn’t weigh my curls down. Seriously - this stuff everything." —Anya Linda
Get it from Ecoslay for $10+ (available in three sizes).
Ecoslay is a Black-owned business, and as I mentioned above, the products are handmade in the founder Aria's kitchen, using sustainable ingredients that are good for you and your hair.
14. A bottle of cold-pressed castor oil reviewers swear by to nourish their scalps, strengthening and promoting hair growth at the root — and reviewers with type 4 curls love it for sealing in moisture *and* growth. Just apply it directly to you dry scalp and hair roots and leave it on for at least an hour (or overnight!).
Promising review: "I had an allergy in my scalp last 10 months ago that made the back of my head bald. I was really desperate to try some hair growing product to bring my hair back. I read most of the articles on Google and found out castor oil is one of the greatest products for hair growing, but there are lots of castor oil brands. I tried this product because of the good reviews, and ingredients because my scalp was really sensitive. And I didn’t expect the outcome of this product. And aside from the outcome, my hair became softer than before and thicker, and one bottle of this castor oil lasted almost a year." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $13.49.
15. Bumble & Bumble's Surf-Styling leave in treatment for all the beachy waves you're looking for — but with NONE of the crunch of salt sprays. This'll actually moisturize, fight frizz, and protect against UV damage, while creating the touchable waves you love.
Just apply to damp hair, twist or braid, and let dry for effortless waves! No heat, no silicones! Btw, this is best on straighter or wavier hair types.
Promising review: "Perfect for my thin, fine hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down, feel sticky, or look greasy. It does make my hair soft, tames all the little broken ends from coloring and gives a slight fullness to my naturally stick straight and flat hair." —javovo
Get it from Sephora for $29.
16. A Shea Moisture manuka honey mask packed with powerful ingredients like mafura oil, shea butter, baobab oil, African rock fig, and honey (duh!) to lock in moisture and definition.
Promising review: "I don't usually leave reviews, but I had to because I love this conditioner so much. I have EXTREMELY dry 4C hair. It's very picky with products. After getting to know my hair, I noticed that my hair only like products that get absorbed into the hair right away. If it leaves a coating over it, then my hair is not going to like it. It might even feel super soft for a day, but then it get extremely dry after. Even though this product is super thick (so thick that the cream stays in the jar when you flip it upside down), my hair absorbs everything and it stays super moisturized for 2-3 days after. I used this on my hair about two days ago. Today, I touched my hair expecting it to feel dry like always, but it felt like I just moisturized it. MIND BLOWN. It also smells AMAZING. It smells more like a fruity, sweet, and creamy perfume fragrance rather than a hair conditioner. It almost reminds me of Mon Guerlain. Literally the nicest smelling hair product I've ever used. 10/10" —Khady Ndiaye
Get it from Amazon for $10.49.
17. A vegan and cruelty-free Function of Beauty shampoo + conditioner customized to exactly your hair type (thanks to a handy dandy quiz) so you can optimize your hair routine without walking down the Target hair care aisle reading every bottle's ingredients.
Promising review: "I love that I can customize the hair products to fit my hair needs, as well as choose the scent and color. But what I love most of all is that it works! My hair has never felt so soft and strong. It's also growing faster! I'm very impressed and will keep buying!" —Gabrielle
Get it from Function of Beauty for $29.99+ (available in two sizes).
18. A Living Proof perfector you can comb through your hair, and it'll fully absorb into your strands overnight, increasing shine, manageability, and softness. Just style as desired when you wake up (or wash it out)!
The results will last all week too, sealing the cuticle of your hair thanks to the blend of amino acids, conditioners, and antioxidants.
Promising review: "I was skeptical because not many products actually work well on my coarse wavy hair BUT I'm in love with this! I put it in damp hair at night and sleep with it in and wake up with much smoother, softer, more manageable hair!" —AlanaR
Get it from Sephora for $29.
19. A whipped leave-in conditioner formulated with coconut water to smooth the outer cuticle of your hair for shine, shine, and more shine — and no frizz.
Promising review: "I use this in conjunction with Devacurl styling cream and together they make a magical pair! This alone makes my hair very soft and bouncy and the styling cream provides hold and definition. I have and will always recommended this to my fellow naturally curly girls for sure!" —Lin
Promising review: "I'm a naturalist and have been searching for over year trying to find a leave in that reduces frizz. I have 4b/4c hair and I've been through so many products that PROMISED to reduce frizz and curl my hair but did not. I put this on my hair after a complete shampoo and conditioner and let me tell you.. it changed my life!!! Curled my hair, reduced frizz immediately, and made it so easy to detangle! Very lightweight product on my curls too, so it made them super bouncy! I love this product and will buy again and again. I recommend for naturals who have the same issue you will not be disappointed." —
Get it from Amazon for $8.90.
20. A gentle edge brush with a comb on one side and a boar bristle brush on the other to shape and smooth your edges for a gorgeous finish.
But of course no one should feel pressure to lay their edges, unless they want to! Check out, "Just A Friendly PSA That You Don't HAVE To Lay Your Edges Down If You Don't Wanna."
Promising review: "I thought how funny it would be to buy one of these 'cause, just use an old toothbrush right? For years I’ve done this until seeing this product, what sold me was the double ended feature. Both useful and necessary for kinky curly hair. I immediately knew based on the appearance and texture of the bristles, that they were boar bristles. It’s firm but comfortable, I’ve even used it all over to smooth some fly-away hairs when it was slapped into a bun. Now, I laugh cause I should have gotten one sooner. Haha. Jokes on me. ...No regrets." —Free spirited
Get it from Amazon for $3.62.
21. A curl butter to soften, hydrate, and strengthen hair, while saying "bye-bye" to dry frizz. Just apply and style as you desire, and the blend of mango & shea butters will put in the effort.
Promising review: "Excellent product love it! Lifetime customer...if the formula doesn't change and don't sell out to a market that doesn't know our hair. I will continue to support small Black-owned businesses. Suggestion... provide options for larger container sizes. I don't mind spending more for a great product! Much success to you." —Kristal B.
Get it from Curls Dynasty for $13.89.
Curls Dynasty is a Black woman–owned business that creates products for people who are transitioning to natural hair or already wear it natural. No harsh ingredients, preservatives or fragrances here!
22. A Revlon one-step hair-drying paddle brush that'll detangle, dry, smooth, and blow out curly hair (including type 4 curls and coils) in way less time than you might think.
It has two heat settings, plus a cool setting so you can customize it to your hair type.
Promising review: "I'm a stylist of nine years, and I've straightened many heads in my lifetime. I NEEDED THIS NINE YEARS AGO! OMG, I use it prior to performing full blowouts on clients and it helps tremendously, especially for finicky children and teens. It's great for all hair textures." —Vett Garcia
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in two colors).
23. Or the Revlon one-step drying brush with an oval-shaped barrel so you can get super close to your scalp for smooth hair and majorly boosted volume at the roots, without having to juggle a brush and blow-dryer.
It has three heat & speed settings and a combination of bristles and pins for a tangle-free blowout.
Promising review: "I have NEVER been able to give myself a nice blowout until I got this! I would dry, then straighten, then use a curling iron. On my first try with this tool, I was able to get gorgeous, soft hair in about 20 minutes. Amazing!" —Rachel S.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in four colors).
24. A set of hair elastics with rubber treading to make sure they stay in place on even the slipperiest hair and during even the most intense workouts.
Promising review: "The best hair ties I've ever used. I have really long thick hair, and the regular goody hair ties I used to get at the store would always lose their elasticity, and my ponytail would not stay in place. With these hair ties, I do not have that problem. My ponytail stays put, even when I'm working out. They retain their elasticity, and the hair does not get tangled in them. Definitely recommended." —L.M.
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $2.98.
25. A scalp brush for anyone looking to replicate that amazing hair salon scalp massage at home. Not only does it feel *great*, but it also helps maintain the health of your scalp, boosting circulation and removing buildup.
I never wash my hair at home without a nice scrub from my scalp brush. And several years in, my scalp is healthier than ever...and it just feels DANG GOOD.
Promising review: "I love this massager. My scalp has never been so clean or felt so good. I used this for the first time a few days ago and my scalp still feels good and is flake-free. I'd definitely recommend this. Feels just as good as going to the salon." —T. Lee-Quigley
Get it from Amazon for $7.95 (available with a gold or silver logo).
26. A canister of fan-favorite Basiste dry shampoo to add the perfect amount of texture and body to your day(s)-old hair and make oily, flat roots disappear.
Promising review: "I spent my whole life having to wash my hair EVERY day. I wouldn't leave the house without shampooing. Even if my hair was just washed the night before, it is so thin and fine that I would wake up with it flat and plastered against my head. With this product, I can finally leave the house without shampooing and often feel like my hair looks better and fuller then if I washed and styled it. I've tried a few other brands and didn't get the same results. Definitely worth it for me." —D. Foley
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $9.38 (also available in single bottles and packs of two).
27. A bottle of Fanola purple shampoo formulated to neutralize yellow tones and brassiness for platinum locks — all in one to three minutes.
If you leave it in long enough, it'll even give a lavender tint, if you're into that!
Promising review: "I'm not one to leave reviews, but this product deserves it! Holy cow! I was going to go into the salon to brighten my hair up, but after discovering this product I cancelled my appointment. I'm totally in love! This shampoo is not drying at all and just after two washes I achieved my desired results! I can't recommend it enough!" —Rachael
Get it from Amazon for $10.89.
Check out our Fanola shampoo deep dive for amazing before & afters!
28. A boar-bristle teasing brush that's sure to bring your hair to new heights with just a few easy strokes.
Promising review: "If I could, I would give this little brush 10 STARS!!! I typically used a teasing comb which did not really give me very big volume for my fine hair. I used this little brush and wow! It focuses on each hair strand, creating mega volume and big hair! I love big hair! Oh yeah, and any teased area can easily be combed through if needed." —GrungeGirl314
Get it from Amazon for $12 (available in two sizes and five colors).
29. A texture-boosting Bumble and Bumble styling cream specially designed for air-drying your hair and perfect for when it's just too damn hot to whip out the hot tools — aka RIGHT NOW.
It comes in two different formulas: one for fine hair and one for thick hair!
Promising review (for fine hair version): "I have very thin, colored hair and could never let it air-dry. I always had to blow-dry my hair after every shower just to make it look decent. With this product, I can shower and let my hair air-dry and it makes my hair look like I just blow-dried it!! I love this product!" —Joann Gram
30. A microfiber towel wrap that'll dry your hair faster than ever (without causing damage or frizz). And it buttons easily in the back so the whole thing won't go sliding off your head when you're applying your skincare or makeup at the same time.
31. Or a t-shirt hair towel you can use to scrunch your hair drier or wear as a wet hair wrap for hands-free drying so your curls can turn out even more gorgeous than usual — and with less damage and frizz.
Promising review: "I absolutely adore this towel, I already notice a difference in how quick it dries my hair and less frizz too! Fingers crossed it helps my ends from splitting too! Will definitely be ordering more." —Emily
Breezy Tee is a Black woman–owned business based in Portugal, and everything ships free to the U.S.! You can also shop directly on the Breezy Tee website.
32. A 48-hour, high-control hairspray that looks at the weather forecast...and laughs. Humidity is no match for this spray. And reviewers *love* the smell, too!
33. An HSI ionic straightener with a less than $40 pricetag — but that works as well as the super-expensive ones. Did I mention it has over 44,000 five-star reviews?
The lowest temperature is 140°, so it's safe to use on even fine hair. Plus, it comes with a travel-size argan oil to nourish your hair — what a deal.
Promising review: "I'm actually really impressed with this product, especially for the price. I have really thick, curly hair that's hard to manage, and I live in Florida, so the humidity and heat has my hair curly again within a couple hours of straightening it. I ordered this straightener because the reviews were so good and I'm glad I did it. The product came exactly when it was supposed to and I immediately tried it out. My hair is pin straight and it's been that way for about 10 hours. Even with the heat and humidity, the thermal spray it came with is keeping the frizz and curls away and it still looks awesome. I would definitely buy this straightener again." —Saramae49
Promising review: "I bought this as my very first flat iron 7months ago and just started using it this month. I am amazed at how it smoothly straightens my 4c hair with one pass, occasionally two. No breakage, no heat damage...although I always use a heat protectant. Leaves my hair shiny too. Where has this iron been all my life?!? I highly recommend it." —Donna
Get it from Amazon for $46.95.
34. A Color Wow powder and brush combo to cover your grown-in roots instantly and make your hair look fuller in spots that might be a bit more sparse — AND it'll last until you shampoo it out!
Promising review: "I didn't think something that looked like eyeshadow would do much. But it works beautifully! I can wear my hair back and feel confident that my hair looks naturally dark through and through. The best part (besides that it really works)? It stays on! I have been to the pool and come home with my hair still covered. I can only wash my hair about every other day. The roots are covered from the time I initially out on the product until I wash it out with ease with regular shampoo in the shower. Love this stuff!" —Dkl1992
Get it from Amazon for $24.50 (available in eight colors).
35. Wonder Curl's Get Set Jelly with aloe leaf juice and pro-vitamin B5 to define curls and coils and protect them from humidity, so they stay fresh and defined all day (and for days after).
Promising review: "I was recently introduced to this gel during my very first appointment at a salon that specializes in curly hair. In all honesty, I had given up on using hair gel to define my curls during the early stages of my natural hair journey because the gel available in most stores would either flake horribly or make your hair sticky or hard. They were terrible. Not this gel. It's truly wonderful. It will do what you ask it to do without the flaking, stickiness, or hardness. I have basically a 4A curl pattern and it does a great job of defining my curls. I typically wear a wash and go and it lasts until I wash my hair again. My curls are defined even after my hair gets smushed overnight due to the bonnet. I typically use homemade shea butter to stretch my hair out again. No more struggle with my hair before I have to go to work." —Angela Taylor
Get it from Wonder Curl for $15.
Wonder Curl is a Black woman–owned brand — it's also vegan and comes in eco-friendly packaging! The Get Set Jelly was owner Scarlett Rocourt's first product, and it's still one of the brand's best-selling items.