1. A garlic press, but not just *any old* garlic press. This one has a built-in spring-loaded scraper that sends all your nicely minced garlic right into your pan (no stinky garlic fingers here). And you don't even need to peel your cloves beforehand!
Promising review: "Was desperately seeking a garlic press after my previous one started chipping and eventually fell apart. This press is obviously more money than the replacement one I bought at the supermarket but it is worth it. When you press a clove of garlic, the garlic actually gets minced and comes out of the press. It is easy to clean, insuring that there is never any leftover garlic bits to find on the next use. And you don't have to look around for the other piece to push through the little holes, because it is securely attached. No chipping despite the bright red color. Also lightweight." —Susan E.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95 (also available in a metal version for $54.95).
2. A Buffy-themed tarot deck with gorgeous original illustrations of your favorite characters (Xander as The Fool, and The Gentleman as Death!), and an included guidebook explaining each card's meaning (including reversals!) and instructions for readings — in a Buffy-esque way! Whip 'em out when you need to know what the ~sitch~ is so you can feel five-by-five.
Promising review: "The cards are gorgeous, to start with. The art is amazing. I love who/what was chosen to be used for each card, and love the way they paralleled the usual suits (as explained in the booklet). Also, as a long time Buffy fan, there are just so many happy references peppered in, it delights me to see all of these goodies on the cards. The booklet is very fun, and feels like it was written as an extension of the show and how everyone speaks. I also love that they included reversals along with the upright cards. That was a happy surprise. (It's always so boring when books/booklets don't include reversals.) When it comes to the physicality: The box is handsome, thick, sturdy, and there's a ribbon to snake under the cards to help you get them out that also snakes underneath the booklet. The card stock for this deck feels really good, and it's decently thick, and the cards have held up to several shuffles from me so far. It's bent a little, but that's to be expected. I collect tarot decks, and not all of them have been the best, but this one is amazing. Five stars." —Rebecca Dietz
Get it from Amazon for $19.59.
3. L'Oreal True Match Lumi Glotion, a fan-favorite, glycerin-infused illuminator you can mix in with moisturizer or foundation, wear as a base under makeup, *or* apply as a highlight or bronzer for a natural looking (and not glittery) glow.
Reviewers say it's similar to the Drunk Elephant bronzing drops!
Promising review: "Best find this year!! Moisturizing tint with a subtle glow is a perfect first layer for full makeup days or the only foundation needed for light days. I love the rest of the Lumi products as well." —Kelly Burich Kennedy
Promising review: "I’ve been using this product for 7 months and I’ve been complimented almost weekly about how I get my skin to look so dewy and glowy. I use this all over with a good coverage foundation and i’ve never felt/looked so sunkissed. Such an amazing product for a killer price!" —Natalie
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in four shades).
4. A set of "butter noodles" hair clips that might be designed for children, but are 100% currently in my Etsy cart. You just can't lovely buttered noodles when it comes to comfort food, and that's a message to wear in your hair with pride.
Promising review: "So cute! Well made and stays put. Would buy again. Especially if you release a "Cheese Pizza" set." —Michaela Ramirez
Get them from Eugenia Kids on Etsy for $16.
Eugenia Kids is a mom-owned small biz (named after the owner's grandmother!) making the most adorable hair accessories!
5. A hexagonal productivity timer so you can block off a set amount of time to get tasks d o n e. It's great for breaking down your workday (or that huge project) into manageable chunks — and take breaks that actually HELP you get things done. Plus it'll look really cool on your desk.
Just rotate it to start and stop (you can set it to 5, 15, 30, 45, and 60 minute increments), and along with the three volume levels, you can set it to go off with no noise and a flashing light so you don't disturb the WHOLE open floor plan.
Promising review: "No joke, this timer is COOL! I never thought I’d be saying that about a timer, but it’s the truth. I bought the timer to help me focus at work. I tend to lose track of time and lose a lot of it. With this timer, all I do is flip it over to whatever time I want countdown, and then it begins to countdown. When time is up it will beep to let me know and then even count up to show me how far past I went. It’s very stylish and cool looking, and all my coworkers asked me about it. You can set the beeping to different volume levels, which is perfect for the fact that I use it at work. I highly recommend this timer for anyone who needs needs help focusing and who loses track of time. I can imagine though it would be good for many other purposes like in the kitchen, maybe timing your kids on their on their electronics devices and so on and so on." —Julia
Get it from Amazon for $18.99 (available in four colors and a 30-minute version).
6. A four-pack of rainbow twirling sticks, aka mesmerizing fidget toys that kids and adults alike will want to play with for hours. Just spin to watch the stick transform into different shapes!
Promising review: "True these are flimsy, [but] the kids all loved them, [and] as soon as they put them down their parents started to play with them. Worth the money." —Amazon Customer
Promising review: "We love these! They are so pretty and now one of my favorite fidgets." —Amy Martinez
Get the pack of four from Amazon for $16.95.
7. Two-tone PJs made of a moisture-wicking bamboo viscose material that'll feel cool against your skin... and help you not wake up in a pool of sweat night after night as we head into the warmer months.
I recently bough a different style of bamboo PJs from this brand (they're sleeveless instead!) and I *love* them! They're super soft and truly breathable and comfy. And if you're looking for other styles, this brand makes tons in the same moisture-wicking bamboo fabric — you can shop them all on their Amazon storefront!
Promising review: "After suffering with menopause night sweats waking up several times a night in a pool of sweat, these PJs were recommended to me. The PJs fit loosely. The material instantly cooled my body. At night it pulled the sweat from my body allowing me to have a good rest. I don't know where the fluid went but my sheets were not wet. I will be buying several more pairs." —jcwg
Get them from Amazon for $24.83+ (available in women's sizes S–4X and 13 colors).
8. A wireless crystal table lamp to add some extra fancy ~ambiance~ to any part of your home. And even more magical: It has three color modes (warm white, white, and natural white) you can control with just a tap of your finger!
Check it out in this TikTok from @heartdefensor!
Promising review: "The light looks so magical. My favorite part is that you can place it anywhere without having to plug it in. Comes with a USB charger to recharge the battery. Also dimmable. Perfect night light for reading." —Jasmine
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
9. A set of truly gorge felt tip pens with gold accents and a soft finish body that won't roll off your table (or fall from your hand). Even better, reviewers say the ink flow is pretty much perfect, and they glide across the page *without* bleeding through!
Promising review: "These pens are both very smooth to write with and very classy to have on your desk. I bought them to give to a coworker who was having a rough few days at work. They instantly brightened her mood! So I got myself some as well. They have kind of a slightly rubbery feel that means they won't easily slide off your desk or drop from your hand. The ink flow is faultless." —Monica
Get a set of six pens from Amazon for $11.17+ (available in five different sets, some with black ink and some with assorted ink colors).
10. A truly genius picture frame designed to display and store all of your kids' masterpieces. Each frame opens up to reveal an interior space with elastic straps to hang onto up to 50(!!) pieces you're not (currently) displaying so you can rotate their art!
Check it out on TikTok!
It displays 8.5 by 11 with the (included) mat and 10 by 12.5 without!
Promising review: "I cannot say enough great things about this. Got it, hung it, put in art and IMMEDIATELY turned around and ordered a 2nd one. Two are a must so you can hang one vertically and one horizontally. What an ideal solution to displaying art. If it’s left out it inevitably gets torn or ruined. This keeps it safe, and displays it perfectly on the wall. IN LOVE!" —Sara Lazaro
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in nine finishes).
Americanflat is a NYC-based small biz making cool home decor products.
11. A pair of fog-free onion goggles to take the tears out of prepping your meals — literally. These babies seal right around your sensitive eyes so those burning, stinging irritants that waft up while chopping stay OUT. Say goodbye to boring, onion-less meals and hello to looking like a culinary scientist!
My former colleague, Britt Ross, swears by these! Check out what she has to say about them:
"OK, maybe they're not the coolest-looking accessories in the world, but NONETHELESS (!) they are an absolute lifesaver if you suffer from painful eye stinging and tearing while slicing those alliums. I used to avoid recipes that called for any onion that wasn't a scallion because I hated preparing onions with all my might, but once these entered my life, I found myself chopping away with ease. The key is to make sure the goggles create a really tight seal around your eyes — I have a smaller head, so I sometimes have to really push them on to make sure they're airtight, but once I figured this out, it was a total game changer. Will you feel super silly while you have 'em on? Yes! Will you care after you see your finished pile of onions that were chopped without shedding a single tear? No! And if I'm willing to plaster myself wearing them all over BuzzFeed, you can definitely wear them in the privacy of your own kitchen. I highly recommend them to anyone who also suffers from onion tears!"
Get them from Amazon for $17.78+ (available in five colors).
12. A set of space-saver bags specifically designed for travel. Over-packers? These are for you. No vacuum required; just pop in your stuff and roll to release the pesky extra air through the valves.
::Cough, me studying abroad, cough::
Promising review: "These were life savers! We took a 10-day trip to Europe and were able to pack only in a carry-on using these! I used two medium in my carry on and my husband used three in his carry on. I packed all my undergarments, five dresses, four pairs of jeans, multiple blouses, three pairs of shorts, and a few other pieces of clothing. And still has room for my shoes. These will definitely be used each time we travel now. Well worth it." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $17.95 (also available in larger packs).
13. A slow feeder *insert* that pops right into your existing dog bowl so you can ensure your pup doesn't scarf their food down too quickly. It's made of food-grade silicone (that won't hurt your dog's nose) and the bottom is covered in suction cups so it stays in the bowl throughout mealtime.
It's great for wet and dry food, and it washes up easily by hand or in the dishwasher! And since it has built-in suction cups, one reviewer also uses it as a peanut butter lick mat during bath time!
Promising review: "I’m so glad I bought this. It has made such a difference for my dog. She was choking often on her food. It scared me so much that I was sitting next to her while she ate. I didn’t think she ate fast but this device has slowed her down a lot. No choking at all since I put it in her bowl. I liked that it could be put into your bowl at home since I literally just got her a personalized bowl with her name of it for Christmas!" —Jill
Promising review: "Got this for our Olde English Bulldog who INHALES his food. This totally slowed him down without making him have to fight for his food. So no red nose or jowls after eating and definitely less gas! Goes right into the dishwasher too. For flat-faced dogs, this definitely is a must. A+" —Lisa G
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in two shapes: the flower, pictured above, is best for medium and large dogs, and the spiral is best for small dogs).
14. A Le Creuset pie bird to not only add some charming cottagecore vibes to your seasonal fruit pies, but actually serves a purpose: to provide proper heat distribution and to help steam escape — through its little beak — so you don't end up with a (gasp!) soggy bottom.
It's safe up to 500°! Use it in any pie pan you like, but you can also get matching Le Creuset pie dishes for $55.95.
Promising review: "As someone who doesn't bake a lot of pies, especially fruit filled and crust-topped pies, I never thought I would need one of these. If you make one pie a year that has a crust on top then you will NEED this pie bird. You simply place it in the center of the pie before you pour in the filling and then cut a small hole in the crust and slide it over the top of the pie bird. You seal the crust to the bird and bake. It prevents bubbles in your crust and gives you a perfect beautiful crust every time without having to cut slits in your pie crust. After baking you can either serve the pie with the bird still in the pie or remove it and use the center hole where it was as a guide to cut slices from the center of the pie." —SPW
Promising review: "I have always wanted a pie bird and I am so sorry I waited so long to get one. It is great to vent the steam in a home-made apple pie, preventing the crust lifting so high. I sugar the apples and place in a strainer over a bowl for 30 minutes. Then place the apples in the pie crust around the pie bird, add cinnamon and pour the juice over the apples. No holes in the top crust needed and the apples are perfectly moist and soft without the giant air space under the top crust." —I Love Lucy
Get it from Amazon for $15.95+ (available in five colors).