We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the best makeup and skincare products they bought in 2018. Here are the gorgeous results:
1. NYX Epic Ink Liner delivers the perfect wing every single time — without letting your money 💸 fly 💸 away like other brands.
2. Glossier Solution is an easy-to-use exfoliant chockfull of promising acids (AHA, BHA, and PHA, oh my!) that reduce acne and dark spots, brighten, improve skin tone and texture, unclog pores, exfoliate, and reduce signs of stress. Like, that's a lot of stuff.
3. Lime Crime Bushy Brow Precision Pen fills in and enhances your eyebrows with individual hair–like strokes, while Bushy Brow Strong Hold Gel tames the hairs for all-day hold so your brows stay bold until you take your makeup off.
4. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is the must-have product for anyone who wears eyeshadow, making the colors more vibrant, the lasting power FAR longer, and keeping creasing, fading, and oily lids from ruining your look.
5. Mario Badescu Facial Sprays with Aloe hydrate your face in just one spritz, making them the perfect thing to keep at your dry AF office or in your purse. They even go right over makeup for a dewy effect that's good for your skin!
6. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick coats your pout in never-fail, super-pigmented color that'll outlast the greasiest burger lunch – no fading, cracking, feathering, or bleeding.
7. Fenty Pro Filt'r Solt Matte Longwear Foundation has you COVERED with 40 different shades in a huge range of skin tones. Plus its long-wear, climate-resistant formula stays matte all damn day.
8. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is like a big ole glass of OJ for your face — brightening skin tone, reducing dark spots, fighting wrinkles AND retaining moisture (it's got hyaluronic acid in it, too).
9. The Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Eyeshadow Palette contains 35 different high-pigmented colors in matte, shimmer, satin, foil, and glitter finishes. It's basically one-stop shopping when it comes to your eye makeup.
10. CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream restores your skin's protective barrier, replenishing ceramides, delivering moisture all night, and helping your skin look more glowing (and less tired) by the time your alarm goes off in the morning.
11. Glossier Lash Slick Mascara coats eyelashes with super-tiny fibers for a natural-looking extending effect that's *also* water-resistant.
12. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser completely conceals dark circle, fine lines, and puffiness under the eyes while treating them with goji berry and haloxyl. You've heard so many people love this — don't you think it's worthy a try?
13. Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash-Boosting Eyeliner helps lashes grow fuller and longer while delivering a pigmented and precise line. And it's hypoallergenic, so it won't bother even sensitive eyes.
14. Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream wakes up the skin beneath your peepers, brightening skin over time, fighting fine lines, and instantly reducing dark circles with vitamin C and subtle color-correcting pigments.
15. Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patches cover zits in hydrocolloid dressing, protecting them from further infection, literally absorbing pus and oil, and helping them heal WAY WAY faster.
16. Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser reduces breakouts and gently removes impurities without harshly stripping or drying out your skin (aka causing new acne in the process).
17. Anastasia Beverly Hills x Amreezy Highlighter gives your cheekbones, cupid's bow, and wherever else you apply it a champagne-like glow to get the party started every day.
18. L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara builds up for dramatic, full, and fluttery lashes and NEVER leaves smudges under your eyes.
19. Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam tightens skin and pores, thanks to protein-rich albumen (that's the egg white) so your face is smooth and fine line–free.
20. Beauty Bakerie Matte Lip Whips won't budge no matter what you throw at them — if you hate reapplying lipstick (but don't mind needing to work a lil' extra to remove 'em at the end of the day) these are for you!
21. NYX Setting Spray finally spells the end for having to re-do your full face of makeup (or waste money on those blotting sheets). Your face will stay perfect and shine-free all day and all of the night.
22. Tarte Shape Tape Foundation feels weightless on skin, even while the full coverage formula absorbs oil, refines pores, and conceals anything you ask it to — without needing extra concealer on top.
23. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner has a smudge-free felt tip to make creating the perfect cat eye simpler than ever.
24. Milk Makeup Kush High Volume Mascara is infused with CBD-rich cannabis oil to condition lashes for thickness without fallout, meaning your lashes will look longer and fuller *today* and over time.
25. O'Keefe's Working Hands Lotion makes dry winter hands a thing of the past, healing cracked skin and protecting against new damace in no time flat. This stuff is basically a miracle for people who wash their hands a bunch.
26. Marc Jacobs Gel Highliner Eye Crayons glide smoothly along your skin, delivering a powerful pigment that'll feel creamy (they'll made with vitamin E and rosehip oil) for effortless application.
27. Wet N Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer keeps your lids on lock for hours and hours and hours, drying down clear so it doesn't interfere with pigmentation.
28. Juvia’s Place Palettes (readers recommend Zulu and Saharan) are perfect for anyone looking for the most pigmented and wearable colors of all time. And the packaging? Pure 🔥.
29. MAC Shape + Shade Brow Tint is two-sized for all your eyebrow needs: a liquid liner on one side to fill in individual "hairs" and a sponge tip on the other end to evenly apply powder for a bolder, bushier brow look. And it's waterproof and fade-proof for all day wear!
30. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum provides pure moisture to your skin, thanks to its ability to attract more than 1,000 times its weight in water, p l u s vitamin B5, which increases hydration at the surface level.
31. Maybelline Lash Sensational is designed with a fan-shaped brush to capture every. single. lash, fanning them upward and outward for a buildable effect so you can customize your look.
32. Tarte Lights Camera Splashes lengthens, volumizes, and outlasts the most intense tear sessions — but with the conditioning formula, it's actually *good* for your lashes, too.
33. Nars Powermatte Lip Pigments are the lightweight liquid lipsticks for people who *usually* hate liquid lipsticks. These are flexible, breathable, and so weightless, you might forget you're even wearing it.
34. Andalou Naturals Get Started Kit for Clear Skin includes everything you need to jumpstart your skincare routine and see clearer healthier skin with just five products.
35. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Oil transforms into a gentle cleansing milk when mixed with water to dissolve and remove every trace of makeup—even waterproof!—without stripping or overdrying your skin. And super ingredients like lavender (so soothing before you go to bed!) and squalene oil (aka your skin's new BFF) leave skin replenished and ready to recharge overnight.
36. Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is basically like a facial WHILE YOU SLEEP — the breathable, oh-so bouncy formula is made with soothing watermelon (duh), hyaluronic acid, and AHAs to moisturize *and* resurface your skin while you snooze. Aaaand it won't get all over your pillow.
37. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows will trick people into thinking you spend the big bucks on your gorgeous pigments, but in reality they're only $5 each, so feel free to stock up!
38. Glossier Lidstar Eyeshadows impart just enough sparkle for a subtle glow and wash of color to put the ~lid~ on a gorgeously low-key makeup look.
39. Morphe 8C Cool Pro Blush Palette has your back if you're tired of blushes that go too warm/orangey or don't even show up *at all*. With matte, shimmer, and satin finishes, you'll wear 'em all for different looks.
40. Fenty Match Stix have everything you need to conceal, correct, contour, and touch up your face — all in one swipe. They're designed for layering, so the cream-to-powder formula blends in b-e-a-u-tifully, whether you're applying at 8 a.m. or touching up at 10 p.m.
41. Dr Dennis Gross Peel Pads are pricey, but are pre-soaked with a blend of gentle-but-powerful chemical exfoliants to diminish fine lines, refine texture, and reveal brighter, clearer, and healthier skin. Peep the over 900 reviews on Sephora that also swear by these bbs.
42. Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette has the 14 shades you need (a mix of mattes, duo chromes, and shimmers) to create all the eye looks of your dreams — if you're a beginner, this is one-stop shopping for buttery, no-fallout gorgeousness.
43. Fenty Flyliner works (work work work works), thanks to its easy-to-grip triangle shape, flexible felt tip, and unwavering (and never fading) color intensity with the application of a gel and the pigment payoff of a liquid.
44. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder helps control shine all 👏 day 👏 long 👏 with a mineral-based formula for a smooth (never cakey) texture without interfering with your foundation color.
45. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist can be used under *or* over makeup for that fresh-faced glow no matter where you are, thanks to the 20% botanical oil formula, plus hyaluronic acid for lasting hydration AND a trio of Japanese superfoods (green tea, rice, and algae) to boost radiance.
46. Sephora Lipstories Lipsticks come in the cutest packaging, and each shade is inspired by a special occasion or moment in life — and of course, they deliver high-coverage color with just one swipe.
47. Stila Glitter & Glow Eyeshadow applies like a dream, leaving a glittery and multifaceted sparkle that'll last and last — and won't get into your eyes. Liquid shadows are the way of the future!
Gettin' ready for my best makeup bag ever in 2019.
Looking for more amazing beauty finds for the new year? We have a treasure trove of recommendations:
—28 Beauty Products With Small Price Tags And Major Results
—39 Beauty Products Under $10 That Are Actually Worth Your Money
—24 Fan-Favorite Beauty Products I’m Surprised You Haven’t Tried Already
—26 Gifts For Anyone Who Wants Better Skin