We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the best makeup they bought in 2016. Here are the ~gorgeous~ results:
1. Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme, a matte lip cream that will outlast anything.
2. Lorac Unzipped Eyeshadow Palette, full of eyeshadows in perfect shades you'll use all the time.
3. Physician's Formula 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner, a Kat Von D dupe that's also good for your lashes.
"The brush tip is a dupe for the Kat Von D Liquid Tattoo Liner. It makes doing a wing SOOO much easier, and saves me $10. Plus, the lash-boosting part of the eyeliner is actually no joke. I've been asked if I am wearing falsies when I am not." —Rachel Broghammer, Facebook
"HOLY GRAIL! My friends are so skeptical when I tell them it's better than the KVD and Stila but are so amazed when they finally cave and try it." —Kristina Carle, Facebook
Get it from Amazon for $8.24.
4. Olay ProX Cleansing System, a facial brush that's just as good (if not better) than a Clarisonic.
5. Glossier Generation G Lip Stain, which gives the color payoff of a stain with the hydration and comfort of a lip balm.
"I had been looking for years for a nice natural-ish red lipstick/lip product that was comfortable to wear and easy to apply for work. I found my answer in Glossier's Generation G sheer matte lipstick. Some days I want to rock a super-bold lip in the office, but most days I don't. I think I might buy all the other colors." —Brittany Morgan, Facebook
Get it from Glossier for $18. Available in six colors.
6. Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask, a purifying mask that exfoliates skin and detoxifies pores.
7. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip, a super-matte liquid lipstick that won't dry out your pout.
8. Maybelline Better Skin Powder Foundation, a setting powder with salicylic acid that'll actually improve acne-prone skin.
"2016 has had some great new drugstore products, but this one is my favorite finds. Hands down the best powder foundation — great for touchups or even to set your liquid foundation. LITERALLY makes your skin look better: soft, smooth and poreless. Amazing! And the lightest shade is *actually* light enough for us pale girls!" —Kristina Carle, Facebook
9. Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water, a makeup remover and cleanser you don't even have to rinse off.
10. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick, a velvety lip color that doesn't transfer.
11. Thayers Witch Hazel, a toner that helps acne-prone skin and smells fantastic.
"I have acne-prone skin and huge pores, and since I started using it, my face has cleared up. And it gives the illusion of smaller pores. Plus my makeup goes on SO much more smoothly. I use it after washing my face in the morning and again at night after I remove my makeup." —Elissa Westmoreland, Facebook
"Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel finally cleared up my hormonal acne — can't say enough good things about it." —Liane Graham, Facebook
Get it from Amazon for $9.87.
12. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, a full-coverage foundation that'll actually last all day long.
"A game-changer for me. The foundation stays on all day and doesn't slip off my nose like most foundations do." —Claire Delahorne, Facebook
Get it from Sephora for $39. Available in 18 shades.
13. NYX Felt Tip Liner, a colorful eyeliner that's easy to apply — and will make your eyes POP.
"In my effort to find the perfect black eye marker, I instead found the perfect brown and green. I wish they made purple too. And black, obviously (the super skinny black marker just isn't the same)." —Emily Rachel Buck, Facebook
14. Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream, a super hydrating moisturizer that'll make anyone a K-Beauty addict.
15. Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick, a lightweight matte lipstick that won't smear on your chin.
"I've tried literally every liquid lipstick formula out there and thought nothing would ever be new and innovative. WRONG. This shit really stays on forever. It stayed on while I ate a damn Chipotle burrito the size of my face (with no transfer to my chin, which is impossible). And it feels like nothing is on your lips. I have actually forgotten I had it on a couple of times. GO — buy it and be flabbergasted with me!" —Rachel Broghammer, Facebook
"Mind-blowingly awesome. They stay on for HOURS even through eating and drinking! My favorite shade from his line is Androgyny. Stunning. Gorgeous." —Margeaux Eliz
Get them from Jeffree Star for $18 each. Available in 38 colors.
16. NYX Ritualistic Illluminator, an inexpensive highlighter that'll become a key part of your makeup routine.
17. Glam Glow Mud Mask, a clearing treatment that'll zap all the gunk out of your pores.
18. Urban Decay Color Corrector, a game-changer for anyone with dark under eye circles.
19. Tarte Maracuja Oil, a lightweight moisturizer you can use all year long.
20. Glossier Haloscope, a stunning highlighter made with ingredients that are good for your skin.
"I have the lighter one (Quartz). The whiteish clear stuff in the middle has coconut oil, castor seed oil, and almond oil, while the outer ring has real rose quartz or topaz. When you apply this it goes on so buttery and smooth — and the highlight is just beautiful. It’s amazing. I will never buy another highlighter again." —Nessy MelMel 2010
Get it from Glossier for $22. Available in three colors.
21. TonyMoly Inked Cushion Liner, an awesome eyeliner that comes in adorable quill and ink packaging.
22. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, the cult favorite eyeliner that'll make anyone a cat eye expert.
"My wings are sharp enough to kill anyone who says I’m wearing too much makeup." —Chloe Starwater
Chloe is also wearing Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ("very matte and stays forever"). Get it from Sephora for $20. Available in 29 colors.
23. Colourpop Sculpting Stix, bronzing and highlighting sticks that makes contouring crazy easy.
"Any other time I've tried to contour it has ended up looking like straight up dirt on my face, but with this product it's so smooth and easy! No more dirt face for me!" —Emma Compton, Facebook
Get them from Colourpop for $5. Available in 12 shades.
24. Benefit They're Real Mascara, a seriously powerful mascara that volumizes and lengthens without clumping.
25. Tarte The Lip Sculptor Lipstick & Gloss, a double-sided lip color that feels amazing on.
26. NYX Dark Circle Concealer, an under-eye concealer that color-corrects without caking or flaking.
27. Lush Grease Lightning, a tea tree and aloe gel that soothes and calms skin.
28. Colourpop Brow Pencil, a pencil and spoolie you can apply in no time flat.
29. Milky Piggy Carbonated Clay Mask, a foaming mask that's fun to use ~and~ detoxifies your skin.
"I actually did buy the Milky Piggy Carbonated Clay Mask. And I love it." —Katie Mueller, Facebook
Get it from Amazon for $11.50.
Saying BYE to 2016 like...
Note: submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.