36 Bathing Suits You'll Want To Wear Right Away
Finding a great bathing suit can be a ~beach~, so we're here to help.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A high-waisted bikini with trim detailing that'll make you sing the Jaws theme under your breath but with the words "Pom-pom......pom-pom......POM-POMPOM-POMPOM-POMPOM-POM!"
Promising review: "Obsessed with this swimsuit!!!! Have been eyeing similar swimsuits all the Instagram bloggers wear (by a brand I won’t name :)) but couldn’t justify spending that much on a swimsuit! This is an awesome dupe and the quality is great. I listened to the reviews that recommended sizing up one and I’m glad I did." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 4–16 and 15 colors and patterns)
2. A perfectly plain "Always Fits" scoop-back swimsuit in a cool ribbed material you'll never get tired of for years to come — it's designed to mold to the shape of your body and its changes!
Promising review: "Yup yup and YUP. I have such a hard time with swimsuits. But this is one GREAT. Forms to the body so well! The high leg lengthens my legs and makes me look taller. The back of the suit is so cute. Best of all, I’m comfortable in it!! It’s been a while since I’ve been comfy in a swimsuit. I’m 5’7” and usually a size 10 in most clothes and I got a 3/4. Fits perfect." —Natalie
Get it from Nordstrom for $89 (available in sizes 00/0–18/24 and four colors).
3. A tropical-print high-neck bikini sure to never ~leaf~ your side when planning beach days and poolside lounges this summer.
Promising review: "I was skeptical when it came to ordering a swimsuit online, but I saw such good reviews and customer images. It fits perfectly! The bottoms and the top! I ordered the floral print and it is so beautiful, I can’t wait to wear it. I love how the top has cups in it for additional support and the neckline is beautiful." —Kristen
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 24 colors/patterns).
4. A leopard print bikini set for Fran Fine vibes all day long. Spending the day at the beach and then come home to binge The Nanny on HBO Max? Sign me up.
Get it from Curvy Fox for $67.50 (originally $150; available in sizes L–4X).
Curvy Fox is a Black-owned fashion brand that sells high-quality fashion styles for plus size people.
5. A celestial-print ruffly bikini, because you and this gorgeous look? It's ~written in the stars~.
6. A plunging one-piece with a lace-up front so you can ~customize your cleavage~.
Reviewers agree the fabric is a great thickness and quality!
Promising review: "This swimsuit feels like great quality! Everyone who saw me in it gave me loads of compliments and I felt sexy but like everything would stay in place. I wore it to a party with kids & had no issues swimming and playing either. A really great buy!" —Elizabeth
Get it from Amazon for $14.63+ (available in sizes S–XL and 11 colors/prints).
7. A cut-out swimsuit for all the look of a two-piece, but without having to worry about your top or bottoms flying off on a waterslide or huge wave.
It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's made in a pique fabric with a cool honeycomb texture too!
Get it from Aerie for $38.46 (originally $54.95; available in sizes XXS–XXL, regular and long).
8. A one-piece swimsuit with a crocheted front and removable straps you can wear as a bandeau, halter neck, or with a crisscross back. It'll be totally worth the slightly awkward tan lines.
Promising review: "I never write Amazon reviews, but I had to write one here because I love this swimsuit! Cute, flattering, and great quality for a really low price! This fit like a glove and was exactly the look I was going for. The colors in the photos are pretty true to life, but they still don't do it justice — all of the ones I ordered were beautiful, rich colors. I loved all seven colors and wanted to keep them all. I finally narrowed it down and ended up keeping the navy one and the green one. I also love that the straps are changeable." —Alex L.
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes 4–16 and nine colors).
9. A ribbed V-wire bikini that's super on trend but classic enough that you won't get tired of it halfway through the summer.
Promising review: "Obsessed with this suit. Beautiful color and perfect comfortable fit. I also really appreciate the price for an entire bikini made of great quality material. Cannot wait to wear this to the beach on vacation!" —Brianna
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 40 colors/patterns/styles)
11. A scalloped swimsuit inspired by the marvelous mollusk itself (well its shell at least). It's available in two fabrics, a reg ole spandex blend and a textured one that feels kind of vintagey.
Look at all those reviewers who are happy as a scallop (er, clam)! And btw, the top laces up in the back for an adjustable fit.
Promising review: "I'm usually skeptical to purchase swimsuits online because I'm a small frame and build, but have a DDD cup size. This swimsuit fits me PERFECTLY. I have several other swimsuits, but this has been my go to since I got it. The scallop detail and lace-up back are so cute and the top is almost like a sports bra, so it covers me well! Great fabric with excellent strength as well. Highly recommend!" —Hailey Bass
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 30 colors/patterns)
12. A one-piece with ruching, mesh inserts, and a high neck for a touch of elegance. It's basically the black tie dress of swimsuits.
Promising review: "I bought this suit on a whim, after reading an article on social media, of how much this item was selling on Amazon. Honestly, I haven't found a comfortable, decent looking bathing suit in so many years, and after spending lots of money on expensive brands, I truly didn't expect much from a $25 suit, but, after spending an afternoon reading reviews, I was sold. Also, according to the size chart, I was too big for the available sizes, but thanks to the reviews of the lovely ladies here (thanks!) I figured out a size 16 Plus just might work. I have Prime but, the suit was sent via USPS and it was delayed by a day, which was very inconvenient, as I wanted to wear it to the beach, but, oh well. Anyway, when I finally got it and put it on...WOWZA! absolute perfection! Oh my goodness! The fabric is the right thickness, without discomfort. I bent over and it covers everything, and it looks so stylish! I was a bit concerned the mesh would make it look tacky, but it just looks very classy. DO NOT HESITATE! I will buy it in more colors, it is gorgeous. I can't vouch for longevity, or how it will be after wet, but the hundreds of positive reviews say it all." —alfie fernandez
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in sizes SX–22 Plus and 36 colors and patterns).
13. A ruched, vintage-y two piece that'll make you want to scream "SAY I'M A BIRD!"
Yes, I did watch The Notebook last night on TV, and yes I did cry.
Promising review: "I could not believe I found this swimsuit on Amazon. People will ask you where you got it, how much it is and you will just smile and watch their reaction as you say 'Amazon.' Fits beautifully. Thank you for all the reviews and pics girls, you are amazing!" —Zaki
14. A chevron maillot designed to be a ~life-size~ reproduction of Barbie's original 1959 swimsuit. You'll check yourself out in the mirror and say "Hey doll!"
Promising review: "I seriously can't say enough good things about this swimsuit. I feel so good in it and the cut and style is impeccable. I love the material, its so soft and holds you in without being uncomfortable! Just an amazing piece and I can't wait to wear it next week!" —Alaina R.
15. A stunning teal bikini with ruffles on the off-the-shoulder top and strappy cutouts on the high-waisted bottoms that'll make waves.
16. A bandeau two-piece for anyone who loves high fashion, high waists, and high-cut legs.
The top also has removable padding for more support.
Promising review: "I've never purchased a swimsuit off of Amazon before because I've always been nervous about their quality, fit and honestly, the legitimacy of the brands/sellers. I made sure to read all of the reviews/look at all of the customer photos and I was STILL hesitant to buy. I pulled the trigger thinking if I didn't like it then it was only ~$20. But wow, I am so glad I took a chance on this bikini. I love the thick and buttery soft material and to my surprise... it fits perfectly! I'll definitely be buying other patterns." —Marc Lopez
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 42 colors/patterns).
18. A two-tone, zip-up rashguard so your shoulders don't enter a lobster-lookalike contest. Just make sure to apply sunscreen to your legs and the cutout...and everywhere else.
19. A gingham balconette bikini with lots of support to make swimsuit shopping with bigger boobs more of a picnic.
Get it from Asos: the top for $28.50 (originally $35; available in sizes 6D/DD–28E/F) and available with two mix-n-match bottoms on the same page: in a tie-side style and in a high waist style.
20. A deep-V swimsuit in a nautical stripe that'll fit right in on the seaside.
Promising review: "This was my first attempt at buying a swimsuit online without trying it on, and I was super nervous...but I LOVE this suit. Finding swimsuits is always a hassle with my bust size (36D), but this keeps the girls covered. No cutting into my skin anywhere. I was so excited to find out that it has a lining, so it's a double layer. Definitely recommend!" —ldkeim
Get it from Amazon for $25.99 (available in sizes S–3X and 18 colors and patterns).
22. A long-line, strappy two-piece suit featuring bra-like underwire support that'll never ~leave you hanging~.
Promising review: "When it comes to ordering bathing suits off Amazon I was nervous due to previous orders. I tried this bathing suit on and I LOVED IT!!! I can't wait to wear it on my cruise in a few weeks. I'm considering getting this same suit just in a different color. Lets just say I would definitely order from them again." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes M–3X and four colors and patterns)
24. A classic triangle bikini that'll cause a rift between you and your other favorite swimsuit — love ~triangles~ are no joke.
Promising review: "I’ve tried probably 10+ bathing suits from amazon looking to find one that fits right, IS NOT a thong, has padding, and ties on the sides and this is it. I bought it in black also because I love how it fits so much. It still has a cheeky bottom but it provides far more coverage than any suit I’ve purchased within the last few years. I highly recommend this suit!" —Mackenzie Lindquist
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 23 colors and patterns).
25. A LBS (little back swimsuit) you'll wear for years to come. It has barely-there straps in the back and high-cut legs for the look you want, but no slipping and sliding in the water.
Promising review: "Absolutely LOVE this one piece. Could not recommend this more. Fits like a glove!! The back closure is beautiful." —Lilly Calderson
Get it from Ocin for $168: the top for $88 (available in sizes XXS–L and five colors) and the bottoms for $80 (available in sizes XXS–L and five colors). You can mix and match any of their tops and bottoms too!
Ocin is an Asian-owned eco-swim label based in Vancouver. They use 100% recycled polyesters from plastic bottles.
26. A cross-over one-piece with structural waist detailing and sheer accents so you'll stand out in the crowd. Just tuck this baby into shorts, and you can totally wear it off the beach, too!
27. A lace-up front bikini, because both pieces are REVERSIBLE, so you can get twice as many (or more) wears out of it on vacation — and twice as many Instagrams. You can also mix and match the sides for a cute look!
All the options have one floral side, and then either a striped or solid reverse.
Promising review: "I live on a tropical island and a consequence of that (together with my shopping problem) is that I own like a gazillion bikinis. This one is in my top 5. The fact that it is also probably the cheapest one I’ve ever bought means this one is a no brainer. Get it! It’ll make your boobs look great ;) According to the sizing chart I should have gotten a small but after reading a few reviews I decided to go with the medium and that worked out." —m
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and six colors/patterns)
28. A fishnet accent swimsuit, because you're a real ~catch~. With the sheer accents, high waist cut, and scoop neck you'll be ~reeling in~ those compliments.
Promising review: "LOVE this suit. As a curvy girl, it's so difficult difficult to find a suit that fits well and is still a little sexy and fun. This fits the bill! I felt great and got so many compliments. Ordered two more in the other colors (no neon green for me haha). New favorite!" —Kate Murray
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes L–3X and four colors)
30. A one-shoulder color-block suit, because two colors are better than one. Reviewers swear by this bb staying *put* in and out of the water, too.
Promising review: "Love this suit and get compliments on it all the time. Not cheeky at all, and I don’t have to worry about anything popping out while playing in the pool with kids. I am usually a medium but sized up to a large because I have a long torso and didn’t want a permanent wedgie. Fit was really great!" —John S.
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 20 colors)
33. A cute, color-block two-piece made to last during water sports, whether that's surfing, tubing, or waterskiing...or if you're like me, just hiding under an umbrella and reading/snacking.
Here's what BuzzFeed Shopping Editor Abby Kass has to say: "This is one of my favorite swimsuits, and it has been for the past couple of years. The colors in it are amazing, and it's SO soft. Like I think it may be the softest suit I've ever worn (I mean that in the best way possible). I wore it a lot two summers ago, and then I sadly didn't have it with me last summer, and I missed it dearly. I was reunited with it recently, and now I am ready to rock it again this summer because this suit deserves all the glory. I feel so stylish when I wear it yet I know that I can actually swim and do other water sports in it as well (I have yet to try surfing, but maybe this year is my year! Haha) The fabric also dries quickly and is fade and snag resistant, so I def think it's worth the higher price tag."
Promising review: "I love this suit! It's super comfortable with fabric that holds everything in but still super soft and straps that don't dig in. I love the design of the party wave colorway and that both the top and bottom mix and match with solid colors too. This is my go-to suit!" —Emma
Left on Friday is a small woman-owned business creating swimsuits that are cute and can be worn for water sports!
34. A tie-front one piece so you will ~knot~ have a hard time packing for your tropical vacation. You'll want to wear this day after day!
It also means you can tie it up top to fit you p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y.
Promising review: "Bought this bathing suit five days before going to the Dominican Republic. BEST LAST-MINUTE BUY EVER!!! The straps are great if you have a smaller torso like myself because they are adjustable. The back is a sexy cut but your whole rear isn't out. MY BOYFRIEND LOVED IT. LOL!! The front can be untied so you can get the proper support. I love love love this impulse buy and am going to get other colors for upcoming trips." —N. Davis
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 19 colors and patterns — including snake and leopard prints!).
36. A ruffly swimsuit that'll make you want to ~take the plunge~ this summer. And the open, lace-up back is just as cute as the front!
Promising review: "OH MY WORD. BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT!!! Worth every penny, and honestly way cheaper than you’ll find in any store! SO flattering, and it’s conservative, yet still plenty sexy! I was nervous for the top to fit because the booty is always disproportionate to my top section. Fits JUST fine, and I don’t even feel the need to put on a cover up (although I know I will) when walking around. Very self-conscious person speaking here, and I feel like a million bucks in this thing. Great quality, adjustable back to pull the top a smidge tighter (or let out), and the pleating on the tummy is just a fabulous plus. DO IT!!!" —Henry
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and 19 colors/patterns).