Get it from Amazon for $199.
Promising review: "Buying this test was the best money I have ever spent in my entire life. The knowledge they give you is incredible. I wish everyone had a chance to know and understand their DNA. I wish it was given automatically to all newborns. I just ordered kits for three family members.
"23andme is not just ancestry, you get so much more. Here's a few things I got out of it...
1) I learned about my ancestry and how I am 24% Lithuanian, which was spot on as my grandma was born there.
2) I have at least 1000 cousins (3rd, 4th and 5th cousins.)
3) I can see a map of where my relatives are located and can be contacted/contact them if they also opted in for communication.
4) I learned I do not carry the breast cancer genes (thank god!)
5) I learned I do carry a mutation that lowers cholesterol and helps guard against heart disease (looked that gene up after seeing it in the news.)
6) Anytime I see any study in the news about genetics and how they found this gene associated with this disease etc, I can log in to 23andme, pull up my data and see if I carry that mutation or not. So geeky, but soooo cool.
7) I learned I have the mthfr mutation and was able to read more about what this means so I can make better choices regarding which types of folate I consume.
8) I learned I have a double mutation that effects b12 processing which could explain why I have always been low in b12. I will now ensure I get more b12 and monitor my levels with my doctor for the rest of my life.
9) I gained a new outlook on people. I think it's so incredibly that we are all essentially 'written in code.' It's this code that defines our health, how we look and to an extent, even how we act." —Jess