19 Borderline Genius Ways To Make Your Clothes Last Longer
Save your clothes — and your money.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Hang sweaters without losing their shape by learning the ~fold-hang~.
2. Turn old pillowcases into garment bags to keep your off-season clothes looking fresh.
3. Use thick wooden hangers to keep shoulders intact.
4. Or if typical ones are too big, try petite hangers.
5. Be sure to close zippers before throwing clothes in the wash.
6. Wash your jeans and other items you don't want to fade inside out.
7. Add a pinch of salt to your wash cycles to keep colors from fading.
8. Keep shoes in shape by stuffing them with newspaper or packing paper.
9. Waterproof fabric shoes with beeswax.
10. Hide bleach marks on black clothing with a sharpie.
Residual bleach. It happens to the best of us. Learn more here.