1. Conchita Wurst stole our hearts when she won Eurovision last year with the empowering song: "Rise Like a Phoenix".
3. Thankfully we won't have to miss her during this year's Eurovision, because Conchita will be hosting the green room.
4. Aside from having the voice of an angel, Conchita is an inspiration to her fans.
5. She is the alter-ego of Tom Neuwirth. Conchita has described the way the two work together as: “Two hearts beating in my chest”.
6. She writes on her website that Tom and Conchita are a team.
They are a well-coordinated team that only works as a duo – even though they never set eyes on each other and miss each other in the mirror by mere split seconds on a regular basis: Tom Neuwirth and Conchita Wurst.
The private person and the fictional character respect and appreciate each other. They are two independent personalities with their respective individual life stories and they both take a strong stance for tolerance and against discrimination.
7. Conchita's honesty is refreshing, she's happy to talk openly and candidly. She's never afraid to speak her mind.
8. She's teaching people, old and young, to leave their judgement at the door.
9. She never, ever let's anyone make her feel small.
10. Conchita told the The Guardian:
People only look at my beard for a moment. Then it melts away and it's just another part of me. It's like the most natural thing, that this is what a bearded lady looks like. It's beautiful to see.
11. Besides, she has a killer side-eye. Haters ~will~ be slayed!
12. Conchita is dedicated to standing up for human rights and equality for all.
Absolutely NOTHING wrong here.
13. When Conchita won Eurovision last year The Week recognised how important her victory is:
Wurst has become a serious figure of hope for at least some people living under the shadow of officially-sanctioned intolerance.
Conchita then paid a visit to the UN, where the Secretary General praised Conchita for promoting respect for diversity.