1. The Passion of the Christ
2. The Ten Commandments
Another obvious one.
or basically any movie with a cartoon rabbit.
4. Jesus Christ Superstar
Campier, sexier, and funkier than our first 2 films, but just as relevant.
5. The Way
Martin Sheen goes on the pilgrimage, Camino de Santiago, in Spain to connect with his son (Emilio Estevez, obviously) who died on the trail.
6. Monty Python’s Life of Brian
The untold story of Jesus Christ of Nazareth’s birthday twin and neighbor, Brian Cohen.
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “Fear, Itself”
While technically a Halloween episode, it does feature Anya in a wonderful rabbit costume.
8. Prince of Egypt
Beautiful animation and a Oscar winning Whitney Houston-Mariah Carey collaboration.
9. Hank and Mike
Disgruntled ex-Easter bunnies try to the find new jobs after being fired.
10. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Awesome special effects, check.
Liam Neeson as a talking lion/the Messiah, check.
Biblical subtext, check.
11. Annie Hall
The Easter dinner scene is great enough for me to consider this an Easter movie.
12. 40 Days and 40 Nights
Not only does this movie feature the stunning Josh Hartnett at his peak and an amazing soundtrack, I personally think it is the perfect film to get across the message of Lent.
Also, it’s on Hulu.
Add your favorite movies to get you in the holiday spirit in the comments!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱