1. Here’s the Dixie Chicks version of Miley’s ultra-popular ballad.
The chicks debuted their violin-laced, sultry cover at the March Country 2 Country concert on March 15 in London.
3. This month marks the 10 year anniversary of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines’ controversial statement about George W. Bush, which sparked a war with radio hosts and fans.
By singing Miley’s “I never meant to start a war” line, perhaps Maines and the Chicks are making a statement about their resilience and strength?
5. If we’re lucky, maybe Miley will cover the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.”
That song was the band’s first big statement in the wake of their tangle with the Bush administration. “Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should,” Maines sang, with zero time for her haters.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭