1. Here’s the Dixie Chicks version of Miley’s ultra-popular ballad.
The chicks debuted their violin-laced, sultry cover at the March Country 2 Country concert on March 15 in London.
3. This month marks the 10 year anniversary of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines’ controversial statement about George W. Bush, which sparked a war with radio hosts and fans.
By singing Miley’s “I never meant to start a war” line, perhaps Maines and the Chicks are making a statement about their resilience and strength?
5. If we’re lucky, maybe Miley will cover the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.”
That song was the band’s first big statement in the wake of their tangle with the Bush administration. “Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should,” Maines sang, with zero time for her haters.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- The police report featuring Kim Kardashian West's first-hand account of the Paris robbery has been released.