1. Here’s the Dixie Chicks version of Miley’s ultra-popular ballad.
The chicks debuted their violin-laced, sultry cover at the March Country 2 Country concert on March 15 in London.
3. This month marks the 10 year anniversary of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines’ controversial statement about George W. Bush, which sparked a war with radio hosts and fans.
By singing Miley’s “I never meant to start a war” line, perhaps Maines and the Chicks are making a statement about their resilience and strength?
5. If we’re lucky, maybe Miley will cover the Dixie Chicks’ “Not Ready To Make Nice.”
That song was the band’s first big statement in the wake of their tangle with the Bush administration. “Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should,” Maines sang, with zero time for her haters.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.
- Former US attorney general says Edward Snowden performed a "public service" but still must face "consequence" of his actions.
- Spanish basketball player Pau Gasol may not compete at the Rio Olympics due to Zika virus concerns.