1. The scenes for 4 Privet Drive were originally shot on an actual street. They only ended up making houses because they didn’t have access to the house for reshoots.
5. There were over 20,000 packages and goods in the windows of Diagon Alley.
Each was handmade.
8. There were actually two murals on each end of the Great Hall.
They were painted to look faded so they were hard to see on camera.
15. There were over 588 sets built for the eight movies.
Some are still standing and some were only built to be used for a few minutes at a time.
24. The Knight Bus was so top heavy that 4 tons of weight had to be added to the bottom so it didn’t fall over.
A whole neighborhood of London was then shut down so that they could film the Knight Bus scenes for a little over a week. The bus was so tall that it couldn’t pass on any bridges.
26. There were 60 types of goblins made.
28. Every exterior shot of Hogwarts was made using this model. It took seven months and 40 people to make it.
29. It took three months alone to create the bridge.
This is a “first draft” model for the above model.
All facts from the Warner Brother’s Harry Potter Studio Tour audio guide.
- Indiana votes on Tuesday, and it could be Ted Cruz's last big chance to end Trump's winning streak in the U.S. presidential race 🇺🇸
- A judge in Brazil has ordered WhatsApp blocked for 72 hours over the messaging service's recently encrypted data ❌📲
- Leicester City won England's Premier League football championship for the first time, capping off a fairy-tale season that will go down in history ⚽️