Last night Drake brought WNBA player Skylar Diggins up on stage for a skit. Despite her amazing talent he never mentioned her accomplishments, instead he joked about how hot she is.
It was a major bummer because she’s a very impressive athlete. Here are the things that he should have mentioned:
1. She played for Notre Dame where she holds career records for points, steals, free throws made, free throws attempted, games started, minutes played, double-figure scoring games and triple-doubles.
2. She led them to the NCAA title game as a sophomore and junior, earning Regional MOP and Final Four All-Tournament honors each time.
3. She was named the Most Outstanding Player of the 2011 NCAA Dayton Regional.
In 2011, Skylar led the Irish to the second championship game appearance in school history, ten years after Notre Dame captured the national title in 2001. In the regional final, they beat Tennessee (fourth-ranked team in the country) by a score of 73-59. Diggins scored a then-season-high 24 points in the game.
4. She was selected to the AP All-American Third Team as a sophomore, and followed that up with back-to-back First Team All-American honors.
5. During both her sophomore and senior year she was a finalist for the Nancy Lieberman Award and the John R. Wooden Award.
The Lieberman Award is given to the nation’s top point guard and The Wooden is given to the most outstanding men’s and women’s college basketball players.
6. Also in her senior year she was named as a candidate for the Naismith Award and the Senior Class Award.
The Naismith Award is given by the Atlanta Tipoff Club to the top men’s and women’s collegiate basketball players and the Senior Class Award is awarded to the most outstanding senior student-athlete in 10 NCAA Division I sports.
9. And won the Big East Player of the Year award as a junior and senior.
10. She finished her career as the all time Notre Dame leading scorer with 2,357 points.
11. She is one of only six NCAA Division I players and the only Notre Dame player (of either gender) to compile 2,000 points/500 rebounds/500 assists/300 steals in her career.
13. She started all but one game in her career at Notre Dame.
She gave up her starting role on 2/26/11 in order for walk-on Mary Forr to start on Senior Day.
14. Upon graduation Diggins was drafted to the Tulsa Shock WNBA team.
15. Where she scored a career-high of 22 points in 2013.
16. She was named to the WNBA All-Rookie Team.
17. And she played in the 2014 NBC All-Star game.
18. Oh, and she’ll totally kick your ass.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- President Obama zinged the media and the field of presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🎤
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯