1. During Barcelona’s game in La Liga today, a fan threw a banana at Dani Alves while he was getting ready for a corner kick. Without missing a beat, the player picked up the banana, peeled it, and ate it whole.
Throwing bananas at athletes has historically been a racist act.
2. FC Barcelona went on to win 3-2, making Alves a winner in more ways than one.
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- A fire engulfed a historic Serbian Orthodox church in New York City on Sunday hours after the church hosted Easter celebrations.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘