1. During Barcelona’s game in La Liga today, a fan threw a banana at Dani Alves while he was getting ready for a corner kick. Without missing a beat, the player picked up the banana, peeled it, and ate it whole.
Throwing bananas at athletes has historically been a racist act.
2. FC Barcelona went on to win 3-2, making Alves a winner in more ways than one.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀