OK, so skeleton is like luge except WAY better. Athletes lie down on their stomach and speed down the track FACE FIRST. Like seriously, that is insanely badass. You know what else is cool? The uniforms and helmets…
This is Ben Sandford of New Zealand.
1. Tomass Dukurs of Latvia
Look at this beautiful ode to Daft Punk! It’s flawless.
2. John Fairbairn of Canada
Did someone say brains? Because John’s is THE BEST brain we’ve ever seen.
3. John Farrow of Australia
Look at that air! You try throwing yourself on a fucking tray and see how it goes. Amazing.
4. Hansin Lee of South Korea
Can you even imagine how much core work it takes to be able to do this?! OMG. That red, white, and blue look is workin’ for Hansin.
5. Ander Mirambell of Spain
Ander’s graffiti helment is the so cool. It’s like a grown-up arm cast.
6. Sean Greenwood of Ireland
Classic Irishman. This helmet is so badass. It’s like, “Fuck with me. I dare you.”
7. Janine Flock of Austria
Um, holy crap this is insane. Janine is getting so much air you could literally have dinner under her.
8. Kristan Bromley of Great Britain
Get it, GB.
9. Kyle Tress of the United States
This photo shows just how big these athletes are. The fact that they can throw themselves around is amazing.
10. Anja Huber of Germany
Anja is basically a human race car.
11. John Daly of the United States
Yes, John’s outfit is exactly the same as Kyle Tress’ but that helmet is so badass.
12. Sarah Reid of Canada
A skull with maple leaves around it, are you fucking serious?! This helmet is a giant warning: “If you fuck with me I’ll kill you.” You couldn’t pay me to go up against this chick.
13. Katie Uhlaender of the United States
The most patriotic thing since the national anthem.
14. Melissa Hollingsworth of Canada
Rumor has it that when Melissa isn’t wearing her helmet it’s in a case at the National History Museum.*
*OK, this isn’t a rumor but it basically could be true.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲