While booties have been beloved since the dawn of time, 2014 will forever be remembered as the year when broad swaths of music and popular culture suddenly reached Peak Booty. Here’s definitive evidence.
1. J.Lo showed off what Papi has got.
2. Nicki announced her new single.
3. And the internet went crazy.
4. Like literally crazy.
6. Because the internet has no chill.
7. Calum Hood from 5SOS went full “butt”-al.
11. And twerked it out for her husband.
12. The Shmoney dance took over the internet.
15. Even Taylor got in on the action.
18. Damn girl!
19. Cuba Gooding Jr showed off some cheeks.
20. Jason Derulo went full wiggle.
23. Kim Kardashian continued to show off her ASSets.
24. And Andy Cohen took a selfie.
25. Jen Setler and her butt broke 1 million followers on Instagram.
26. Ariana Grande couldn’t handle herself when looking at Tamron Hall’s rump.
“Dat booty, tho.”
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.