4. Watchmen by Alan Moore
A Hugo Award-winning novel, Watchmen has long been thought of as one of the best graphic novels of all time. The first novel tells the story of a group of superheros who have succumbed to their human tendances. You can purchase it here!
5. Blankets by Craig Thompson
Blankets is the autobiographical story of Craig Thompson’s childhood in Wisconsin. Topics covered include: his first girlfriend, his Evangelical Christin family, and his rivalry with his brother. Sound up your alley? You can purchase the novel here!
6. Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware
This unusual graphic novel uses paper cut-outs, fold out instructions and a brief apology to tell the story of a romance that deports itself between Chicago in 1890 and a small Michigan town in 1980. You can buy the novel here!
10. Batman: Court of Owls by Scott Snyder
A #1 New York Times bestseller, Batman: The Court of Owls, follows the Caped Crusader as he looks into a deadly mystery that brings him to a conspiracy going back to his youth. You can purchase the novel here!
15. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
In this sad but amazing graphic novel, lesbian writer Alison Bechdel looks into the relationship she had with her english teaching, funeral directing and closeted gay father, Bruce. You can purchase the novel here!
16. Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes
On the surface, this fantastic novel tells the story of a murder through 29 short comic strips. However, underneath Daniel Clowes takes the reader through the interrelated lives of the residents of the small town of Ice Haven. You can grab the novel here!
20. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
An orphan clock keeper, Hugo lives alone in the walls of the Paris train station. When he meets a talkative, book smart girl, his quiet life and most valuable secret are put into jeopardy. You can get the novel here!
21. Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
Daniel Clowe’s Ghost World has been hailed one of the best graphic novels of all time. Following two best friends who face the pressure of growing up, the novel was adapted for the silver screen and was in turn nominated for an Academy Awards. You can grab the novel here!
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.