On September 20, Emma Watson gave a speech about feminism at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. While there she announced the launch of “HeForShe” a campaign for men and boys to advocate for gender equality.
After the speech she headed to Twitter to ask men to publicly support the movement by using the hashtag #HeForShe.
1. And many famous men joined in. Including Mr. Harry Styles.
2. Douglas Booth
3. Her Harry Potter co-star Matthew Lewis.
4. And her Perks of Being a Wallflower co-star Logan Lerman.
5. As well as British actor, Tom Hiddleston.
6. And James Van Der Beek.
7. Joseph Gordon-Levitt went a different direction, with a call to action of his own.
8. Emile Hirsch happily joined in.
9. As did Glee star Chris Colfer.
10. Actor and activist Mark Ruffalo was all in.
11. As was Luke Newberry.
12. Simon Pegg gave a touching tribute to the women of his life.
13. Luke Pasqualino showed that the movement is going global.
14. And Kiefer Sutherland, who also attended the event at the UN, invited everyone to join.
16. As did Kevin Durand.
Thanks for the support boys! To learn how you can help spread the word, head over to the HeForShe website.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧