1. “Then they stayed there alone for two hours drinking champagne and eating oysters.”
“Proposed on July 4th in the cellar of a west village restaurant … Then they stayed there alone for two hours drinking champagne and eating oysters.”
2. “Before we went into Madison Square Garden, Michael asked me to re-enact how and where we met up before our first date; thinking this was very silly, I obliged.”
“For our First Date on February 10, 2012, Michael took me to the Knicks/Laker game at MSG. It was an incredible game during the Linsanity craze, and by far the best first date ever! We both left that night with an unforgettable feeling in our hearts and ‘butterflies’ in our stomachs. Needless to say, we have been inseparable ever since. Exactly one year later on February 10, 2013, I thought it would be sweet to take Michael to the Knicks game to celebrate our amazing year together. Michael had much larger plans for our special day. Before we went into MSG, Michael asked me to re-enact how and where we met up before our first date; thinking this was very silly, I obliged. Only this time when I walked up to where he was waiting for me, he dropped down to his knee and asked me to marry him.”
3. “He got down on one knee and said the most wonderful & romantic things, I was so excited that I was just jumping up and down and he had to ask again ‘so is that a yes?’ I screamed ‘Yesss!’”
“He surprised me with a trip to Boston because I had always said I wanted a little trip, just the two of us! We walked all over playing the tourist and day drinking at rooftop bars. We ended up in the public gardens. He got down on one knee and said the most wonderful & romantic things, I was so excited that I was just jumping up and down and he had to ask again ‘so is that a yes?’ I screamed ‘Yesss!’ He also had hired a hidden photographer and so we have all the photos from the engagement in the park! Then he took me to a great sushi and champagne dinner. We are now getting married in 10 Days.”
4. “I walked over to the balcony going with the thought that he was going to ask me if I wanted a cappuccino… and my forever was on one knee.”
“Our love started out as a friendship for 7 years and blossomed into a story-tail [sic] romance overnight! We took our passion for culture, food and adventure and traveled the world together as best friends crazily in love! Both having Italian backgrounds, we recently went to Italy for the first time together. On our second night stay in Rome I was just finishing my makeup while listening to the clinking of the dishes and sounds of laughter from the cafe below when my boyfriend said he was going downstairs to grab a cappuccino. Our room had these amazing floor to ceiling French doors that perked over the cobbled stone side street cafe! It was a dreamy spot to sit and just listen to the sounds of Rome. I was just about done with my mascara when I heard Anthony call my name from the window. I walked over to the balcony going with the thought that he was going to ask me if I wanted a cappuccino and when a fought threw [sic] the wind blowing curtain my forever was on one knee. “I love you sooo much, I want to spend my life with you. Will you marry me!” They say..when in Rome!!”
5. “She was taking pictures when he called out her name. He was behind her, down on one knee, ring in hand. It’s the first time she’s ever seen him crying.”
“He surprised her at the last minute with a trip to Paris. A place they’d very nearly met up in back when they were friends and just starting to think they might be more. There was champagne on the train and she wondered, maybe he would ask. However, his plans of steakhouses and the moulin rouge didn’t seem likely settings so she decided he wouldn’t and she should stop being silly. On the second morning he made her get up at 5am. He’s a photographer and likes to take photos at sunrise when it’s quiet and the light is perfect - they’ve done that every one of their trips to venice, athens, delphi and joshua tree… She moaned and said she didn’t want to go. In the end she got up, he took her to a bridge, the sun was beginning to rise behind the Eiffel tower. She was taking pictures when he called out her name. He was behind her, down on one knee, ring in hand. It’s the first time she’s ever seen him crying.”
6. “Three months into our relationship, we had an argument and I cried in front of him for the first time. He said he didn’t want me to cry, he wanted to fucking marry me. I said ‘yup.’”
“I met my husband on Tinder last June. I knew he was the one before we met. We had our first date at a dive bar and were in love and inseperable immediately. Three months into our relationship, we had an argument and I cried in front of him for the first time. He said he didn’t want me to cry, he wanted to f***ing marry me. I said ‘yup.’ We tried to go to Vegas that night but couldn’t book a flight. Two weeks later I married my handsome man in front of three of our favorite people. I wore leggings, combat boots and a veil and was 100% comfortable all night. Afterwards we ate at a diner and celebrated on the strip. The diamond band I wear is from the only jewelry store that was open that Sunday evening. We got our rings an hour before the ceremony and just before the store closed. The other skinny bands are my own little pieces of flair. I am a planner through and through. The way everything fell into place by chance that night and how relaxed we felt makes it all the more perfect in my memory.”
7. “He asked me to sit down with him on a rock, which turned out to be a sea turtle (sea turtles being both of our favourite animals)!! Next thing I knew he was on one knee, holding this vintage beauty.”
“We met whilst working in a shop at the mere ages of 19 and 23. Three months after we had started dating, we were living together and eight months later we were expecting two beautiful daughters. Two years on, we were on holiday in Hawaii with his family. One lunch time, his mum and sister were oddly insistent on giving us a break from attempting to feed our daughters, so he took me for a walk on the beach outside our house. He asked me to sit down with him on a rock, which turned out to be a sea turtle (sea turtles being both of our favourite animals)!! Next thing I knew he was on one knee, holding this vintage beauty. After lots of ‘oh my goodness’s!’, I became his fiancée!”
8. “He is literally the shyest guy you could meet and there were tons of people walking around. He got down on one knee in front of everyone and asked me to marry him. “
“We’ve been together for about four years. This past December we were Christmas shopping in Boston and were walking through the Public Gardens. He is literally the shyest guy you could meet (I’m the complete opposite-I’m loud and love to be out in crowds) and there were tons of people walking around. He got down on one knee in front of everyone and asked me to marry him. It was most definitely a surprise! All of these awesome strangers were around us clapping and congratulating us. I love how he incorporated my personality in how he proposed even though he is quiet. I can’t wait to get married to my thoughtful best friend.”
9. “We dated for two weeks and decided we should definitely be married.”
“We dated for two weeks and decided we should definitely be married. Having eloped last August down the central coast, we already made it through that first year, but wanted to do it up proper, by the lake, in the trees, with good jams, the BEST taco truck and our closest friends & family, and these gorgeous feminine rings…just to share the FIRE. Through love, bravery, acceptance & understanding, we have combated abandonment, loss, fear & self doubt. This illustrious, heavenly & lest I forget fine ass comet of a woman swooped me up for our combined legend, our journey to the center of the universe, and is the best fucking thing that ever happened to me.”
10. “We then had a trip planned to Walter de Maria’s Lightning Field in New Mexico…..and after walking and exploring 700 lightning rods on this incredible piece of land we found ourselves lying on the earth looking up and the sky.”
“For months Scott had been designing a ring without me knowing….what a love he is. He did not like anything he had found in stores. So he took it upon himself to get his great design sensibilities going. We then had a trip planned to Walter de Maria’s Lightning Field in New Mexico…..and after walking and exploring 700 lightning rods on this incredible piece of land we found ourselves lying on the earth looking up and the sky…..when getting up, Scott grabbed me and offered me the most beautiful ring I had ever seen….a yellow Sapphire in a dimpled gold band setting. I was floored and we both began to cry as he asked for my eternal love.”
11. “My grandfather always told me never to wait for something that makes you truly happy.”
“They met at a bookstore where they both worked, and had a Jim and Pam romance for a year before he asked her out to a concert on the Fourth of July. Just days before their two-year anniversary, he proposed in bed with a custom square-cut sapphire ring. ‘I couldn’t wait,’ he said. ‘My grandfather always told me never to wait for something that makes you truly happy.’”
12. “Ready to start the rest of your life?”
“After eating breakfast in bed and making plans to go to the Brooklyn Museum, he said ‘ready to start the day?’ She said yes. He said ‘ready to start the rest of your life?’ Then he reached into the pocket of his pajama pants.”
13. “If I could have exploded into a ball of confetti I would have.”
“It seemed like an eternity getting up to Machu Pichu [sic]. I could have sworn the tiny bus we were on was going to fall off of the mountain. Once we were up there I felt like we were on the top of the world! Top of the world with the love of my life. I barely had a chance to take it all in when he asked me to marry him. Talk about sensory overload! If I could have exploded into a ball of confetti I would have. It was our three year anniversary too. The ring was made by his aunt’s jeweler in Lima. He told me he actually saw ring for the first time that morning when we left for the mountain. He carried it all the way up there in his backpack. We got engaged in Peru (where his father is from) and we will be married in Cartagena, Colombia (where my family is from) next Spring. What can we say, we love adventure.”
Check out more beautiful stories on Stone Fox Bride’s Instagram.
- Thursday's vote on the GOP health care bill in the House was postponed after it became clear too many Republicans opposed the Obamacare replacement.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- The Republican chair of the House intel committee was forced to apologize after he made public statements about Trump surveillance without consulting anyone.