Rocko’s Modern Life aired an episode called “Future Schlock” on October 10, 1996 — 17 years ago. The episode took place 17 years into the future…
Which means that the futuristic world it was set in was October 10, 2013…AKA TODAY.
1. According to RML, by now we should have flying space ship looking cars.
WRONG. NOPE. We have none of those. Just regular cars that do not fly and stay on the ground.
2. Earth inhabitants will wear special suits with large rounded shoulders:
NAH. Sometimes we wear trends from the ’70s though!
3. Earthlings will wear hats that light up when they need to notify you of something…
4. And underneath those hats will be radars and electronic buttons that do things:
We have Google glass…does that count?!?!?!
5. Refrigerators will be called REFRIGERIZORS.
Still called refrigerators where I’m from!
6. Houses will be supported by one large drainage pipe:
We still have skinny drainage pipes that always get clogged. FAIL LOL.
7. Elders will be kept in hyperbaric chamber things:
Sadly we allow our elders to wander about like regular people.
8. And they will have remote controlled chairs that have extendable arms.
WRONG. JUST THOSE SAME OLD HOVER ROUNDS.
9. And finally, Teleportation!
FUCK OUR FUTURE. OUR PRESENT DAY SUCKS.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- At least 10 people were injured with stab wounds on Sunday during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento, California.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.