We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about some of the nicest interactions they've ever had with a celebrity. Here are the ones that made us like these famous people a little bit more.
1. "I met Kesha in a pizza place. I was eating with some new friends and I was telling them about an experience I had with ghosts as a kid. They were making fun of me because they didn’t believe. All of a sudden Kesha turns around and gets up from a table next to us. She walks up and says, 'Hey. Sorry for eavesdropping, but you caught my attention because you have the prettiest hair I’ve ever seen. Also I totally believe you! Ghosts are real!'" Submitted by ruhrohitsivy
2. "I met Jeff Goldblum years ago, before a performance of a play he was in. We stood on the sidewalk and he talked to my friends and me for about 15 minutes and was so incredibly friendly and funny. A few weeks later I was walking down the sidewalk when I heard someone say my name — it was Jeff Goldblum! I couldn't believe he remembered me. He gave me a hug and we chatted for another minute and then he went into his theater to get ready for a matinee. It was absolutely surreal." Submitted by Liz Adams
3. "My sophomore year of high school I met Ed Sheeran. It was before he was famous in the US, so after he played this super-tiny venue I went out back to chat with him. He was the most down-to-earth and just kind human being I've ever met. We talked for around half an hour and he even recorded my voicemail message for me! Now every time you call me and I don't pick up, you're greeted by Ed Sheeran's voice." Submitted by Meredith Warren
4. "Was walking down the street in LA and, next thing I know, Ben freaking Affleck comes along and starts walking next to me eating a Subway sandwich. Casual.
Actual conversation between him and I:
Him: Whatcha up to?
Me: *trying to not freak out* Just finished taking a dance class.
Him: You need food after doing physical activity like that. *hands me the rest of his sandwich* *walks away*
Long story short, got mother-henned by Ben Affleck, and the sandwich wasn’t bad." Submitted by m4bcbc262f
5. "I was on a family vacation in a ranch in Montana and it turns out Stephen Moyer was there also with two of his kids. We ended up playing softball together and he literally saved me from crashing into a tree with my horse. It sounds fake, but I promise you it’s not." Submitted by katclifford
6. "Before a middle school play, a handful of us went to go grab Taco Bell for the cast. A Baldwin brother asked what all the tacos were for, found out about our play, came to our school, paid $20, didn't ask for change, and posed for a photo afterwards. Being 11, I was clueless. I thought it was cool he paid $20, which was a lot of money to me." Submitted by Freedom VanPelt
7. "Tracy Morgan comes into the supermarket I worked at and he is the nicest guy ever and we consider each other friends. He is always very talkative and he always asks me how school is going — and gives me advice sometimes when he sees I'm in a bad mood. He will always stop and take pictures. He and I once had a 30-minute conversation on how boys should respect me and it honestly was amazing. He is the nicest celebrity ever." Submitted by Erin Saunders
8. "On my 16th birthday I was in Vegas. We were staying at Caesars Palace and I was walking around the lobby, tripped and face-planted. I look up and Elijah Wood was standing there. He offered to help me up — I was a huge fangirl at the time, so I panicked and quickly got up and ran away." Submitted by Kristin Johnston
9. "My mom met Kim Kardashian in an airport a few years ago. Kim didn't know it, but my mom was on her way to her best friend's funeral. When my mom approached her, Kim was incredibly kind and gracious, and actually signed her boarding pass and gave it to my mom as a gift for my sister. I'm sure Kim doesn't remember that random encounter in an airport in Alberta, but her kindness to my mom won her fans in all of us for life." Submitted by Brittany Rae
10. "I'm a server at a café in Southern California and have had the chance to meet a bunch of celebrities. Matthew Gray Gubler is hands down the best. He took a photo with me, then sent the restaurant an autographed photo a month later as a surprise!" Submitted by Laurenthelibrarian
11. "I was working on a movie with Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth called The Last Song. During a break, I went into the restroom, which was totally empty except for Miley, who was sitting up on the wall of sinks, and her makeup artist, just chatting. I really had to go, so I just sheepishly apologized and said I would be quick, in case I was interrupting. As I was heading into the stall Miley said, "Do you want me to turn the water on for you?? I get SO pee-shy. Here, I'll just turn it on for you." I chuckled and said, “It was OK, I lived in sorority house with 30 other women, you learn to get over that quickly! But thanks!" As I washed my hands, she divulged how she wished someone had been there to turn the water on for her at the Grammys when Mariah Carey was in the stall next her." Submitted by Erin Berson
12. "I once met Tom Felton while hiking, and although I was really nervous about asking for a picture, he was super sweet and let me pet his dog and apologized for having wet hands because he was giving water to his dog. Even called me lovely. Made my little Slytherin heart swoon." Submitted by melinaa4f7ddfb65
13. "Colin Firth opened the door for me, nodded, and wished me a good evening." Submitted by Eliza Gray
14. "James Franco taught me how to pump gas. I had just gotten my license like a week prior and was really struggling at the gas station. I heard an oddly familiar voice ask if I needed any help. I turned around, and there he was." Submitted by emilyd485d4465c
15. A few years ago, I was flying home for my birthday. My girlfriend was living in New Zealand at the time and was flying back to celebrate with me, but she could only stay for less than two days. Well, my flight was delayed, and I immediately sat down and started crying. I tried to be discreet, but it was very obvious that I was balling. A beautiful girl (both in looks and soul) sat next to me, offered me a tissue, and asked me if I was going to be OK. She sat and talked with me for almost a full hour, listened to me gush about my girlfriend, about my grandmother, and we talked about being queer. It wasn’t until about a year later that I saw a picture Cara Delevingne and lost it over the fact that the gorgeous and amazingly kind woman I talked to was Cara freaking Delevingne. Submitted by t492e49f12
16. "A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer Hudson. Well, actually I was hired to do a home inspection for her. I was really amazed at how sweet and humble she was. Even though I'd just started learning to play the ukulele, I asked her if she wouldn’t mind singing if I played her a song. I was floored when she agreed to it. She was more than happy to humor me and was gracious enough to do a duet with me. Dang, to this day it still gives me goosebumps thinking about how extremely talented she is. I was completely gobsmacked at how amazing her voice really is when you hear it in person. Which pales in comparison to how incredibly nice she is." Submitted by homelandinspection
17. "Luke Wilson was a regular at my old Starbucks, so I would always have his iced coffee ready by the time he got to the register. During the holidays he said, 'Here, Kiana, this is for you,' and hands me $20. I still have it framed and never told anyone, since I would’ve had to have split it with my other co-workers." Submitted by k40f3af58f
18. "Before the Kim era, my sister and I ran into Kanye at a movie theatre. Though he was a bit hesitant to take pictures, he did oblige. We had a short conversation and after all was said and done (and he did compliment my shoes), we were on the guest list for his show the next night — front row, it turned out." Submitted by cripplerqueen
19. "Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley) and Jon Snow (Kit Harington) came into the bistro I worked at and Michelle complimented my tattoos; Kit proceeded to tell me all about his first trip to Canada. They ended up doing cartwheels in the little garden that we had there. (They had drank some wine.) So lovely that such big stars are so down-to-earth. It was such a pleasure meeting them." Submitted by kristaa473e9dbb7
20. "I’m an enormous Survivor fan (read: watched all 32 seasons multiple times) and actually ran into Jeff Probst at Starbucks. This was my first actual starstruck experience, but I went up and just said, “Hey, I’m a huge fan…” and before I could get any other gibberish out, he got out of the line and immediately starting asking me questions about what I thought about this season, previous castaways, past seasons, etc. We talked for over 20 minutes and HE asked if we could take a picture. Dream. Come. True." Submitted by pootskdoot
21. "I was a seat filler at the first-ever Guys Choice Awards. There was free food and drinks, but the seat fillers weren’t allowed to partake in any of it. Will Ferrell was randomly seated at the table I was at — he was so nice! He chatted with us and showed me pictures of kids. He ended up getting the waiter to bring the whole table of seat fillers multiple shots of tequila. Andy Samberg even stopped by to take a shot with us as well!" Submitted by jessicad4bf823f0c
22. "Met Carlos Santana in a Las Vegas mall. My mom said, 'You probably hear this a lot but you look like Carlos Santana.' He chuckled, then my mom began talking to his wife (aka Lenny Kravitz's drummer). She told us he was in fact Santana himself. He was super cool, gave our family of five free tickets to his show, let us hang out backstage, and even gave my brother (who’s a guitar player himself) an iPod loaded with never-before-heard live music." Submitted by courtneyk46a61695d
23. "Long story short, I was very, very drunk at a very fancy party, and it was definitely time for me to go home. As I walked to the door to leave, I could feel myself starting to fall over. I was drunk, I was wearing 5-inch heels... There was no stopping it. I didn’t even try, kind of just let myself fall — until someone caught me. I looked up, and it was Sebastian Stan. Sebastian Stan caught me in his arms. Like something out of a movie. He looked down and me and laughed and said, 'Having a good night?' and I have no chill at all and responded with a super-suave line: 'I am now.'" Submitted by caitlinf18