1. The year was 2009 and Leighton Meester was still a Gossip Girl trying to break out into the wonderful world of pop. The story begins with this blurry image of her.
2. And then she is in this limo with this hat on:
3. Then she’s moving her feathery bird arm around all seductively…
4. Then she’s in the limo again singing about Paris and Michigan and London town and Berlin but it’s basically just her speak-singing.
5. Then she loses her bird arm and she’s all up and down and moving all over, still singing about different countries.
6. And then a man makes an appearance, but it’s not just any man, it’s Robin Thicke.
8. And even though it was only 2009 he was already kinda douchey looking.
9. But for some reason Leighton was into it.
10. Like, the song was called Somebody To Love, and she’s just looking for someone to love and I guess she chose Robin Thicke.
11. So this guy has obviously been friendzoned:
12. Because these two are clearly in love.
13. And you can tell because Robin Thicke looks right at Leighton Meester’s shoes:
14. And pets her jacket:
15. And they smile together and are close to each other’s faces:
16. But then something goes wrong and she doesn’t find somebody to love because she is CRAWLING on the floor:
17. And playing dead in a skirt and bra…
18. And falling face first and limp-bodied onto the bed:
19. And looking out the window like something is missing.
20. And something IS missing, because then Robin is gone…
21. (maybe he had moved on to someone else…)
22. And it killed Leighton inside:
23. And while the music video was piognant and ahead of its time, the song is what really drove everything home, please listen.
24. And never forget.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏