1. Hi, I’m Lauren and this is me. It’s a tiny animated computer version of me, but I’ve looked at myself in the mirror once or twice and gosh darn it, THIS GIRL IS ME. How did this happen, you ask? Well, listen up and I’ll tell you.
2. Last night as I settled into bed, I started browsing Vine. I noticed that a teen or two who I follow had these little animations.
3. I wanted one, so I sifted through Vine comments to get to the bottom of what the app that created these masterpieces was. I found it.
4. I searched for something called “Huanshi,” though the app also goes by another name — MyIdol. Whatever you put in, this will show up:
5. The app is literally completely written in Chinese. I don’t speak Chinese, so I pushed a bunch of random buttons until I got to a part where it asked me to take a picture of myself. I trust that you will also push the correct random buttons and get there.
6. It was 11:30 at night, and as I mentioned I had just gotten into bed. So with my bad lighting I uploaded this photo:
7. BEFORE MY VERY EYES THIS APPEARED:
8. I was a boy! A real boy! Side note: I’m currently living at home. I was laughing so hard my mom came into my room wondering what was going on. She then told me to go to bed. I didn’t listen.
9. I saw a button on the bottom left hand corner that had a little jacket icon on it. I clicked it and it brought me to the customization area. I was about to become ~me~. First I wanted to change my hair.
At first I thought I was about to spend a buttload of money on this app to make me look desirable. Then I realized that the grayed-out options just needed to be downloaded. If you click on something, green text (that I don’t understand, because again, I don’t speak Chinese) shows up. That means it’s downloading.
10. Though I was enjoying my time as a bald boy, I wanted to look more like myself. With the help of friends on the web I figured out that the two symbols on the top of this page were boy/girl. Whatever the red is highlighting is your gender.
This is me as a boy, and as a girl. I love them both equally!
11. Then I started experimenting with hair. This was the “Danielle Haim.”
12. This is the WHO THE HELL EVEN KNOWS BUT AT THIS POINT MY MOM CAME IN TO CHECK ON ME AGAIN.
13. This is the Skrillex. By now I was also playing with clothes and mixing patterns. I’m a fashionista — what can I say?!
14. You can also mess with the age of your mini by clicking the little clock icon. This is me as an old lady.
Drag the largest green dot horizontally to become younger and older.
15. This is me as a panda.
16. This is me as Kim Jong Un as Superman.
17. I should mention that with every outfit change you can take pictures of yourself in the app by clicking the camera icon in the left corner. It will take a series of three photos and then bring you to a page where you can save them to your phone.
Me as a gym rat!
18. Eventually I decided on my low messy bun.
19. Now I needed to put on something a little bit more comfortable.
HEY, KEEP YOUR EYES UP HERE, BUDDY!
20. I also chose this sweatshirt that reads “BLAZE” because #420, y’all. Now this is where the good stuff happens. Click the video icon, and it will bring you to an area where you can star in all sorts of things.
21. To do a video: Download the videos in the app like you would an outfit change. Then export the video with the big green button and save it to your camera roll. You can also change backgrounds in each video with options on the top.
22. I chose to star in Frozen.
23. As well as the video for “Sexy Back.”
24. And also be a pole dancer. Because that’s really how to show off your mini’s talent.
25. Turns out Miley Cyrus and I are more alike than I thought because we both chose to be pole dancers in a “Blaze” sweatshirt.
26. In conclusion: There are seriously a billion amazing things you can do with this app as long as you like pushing unknown buttons and being surprised. I’ll leave you with me rapping about something(?) in overalls and a vintage pilot’s helmet.
27. Have fun exploring and let me know what you discover in the comments.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱