1. Patrick has a sister named Sam. She mostly makes grunting noises.
2. As of this year, SpongeBob is 27 years old.
3. Patrick and Gary the Snail are first cousins.
4. Mr. Krabs was born in 1942, which makes him 71 years old.
5. The title of Season 4, Episode 20 was called "Best Day Ever."
6. Stephen Hillenberg, the creator of the show, is a marine biologist IRL.
7. The voice of Karen Plankton, Jill Talley, is married in real life to the voice of SpongeBob, Tom Kenny.
8. Squidward is no squid. He's actually an octopus.
9. Patrick weighs only 2 ounces!
10. The fish who always yells "my leg!" during moments of chaos on the show is named Fred.
11. A fungi discovered in 2011 was named after SpongeBob, and it's called Spongiforma Squarepantsii.
12. Victoria Beckham has done a voice-over for the show, as Queen Amphitrite.
13. So has Amy Poehler, as Granny...
14. And Johnny Depp as Jack Kahuna Laguna.
A lot of other people have done voice-overs too.
15. SpongeBob was originally called SpongeBoy, but that name was copyrighted by a mop.
16. And this is a possible early sketch of SpongeBoy. He is basically the same but wore a green hat.
17. The Krusty Krab is actually a lobster trap:
18. Bikini Bottom is an underwater city beneath the real island of Bikini Atoll.
19. Each character represents one of the Seven Deadly sins.
OK, so this one is just a theory...but it works!