Bit of a weird one: Toto Wraps is an online clothes store based in Nairobi. And yet there was clearly something about this status update that resonated with British people.
Amber Keelin is based in Texas, but for some reason her post got traction in the UK.
So what have we learned?
It seems if you want to post something on Facebook that will get tens of thousands of Likes, you should bear in mind the following:
1. People respond to directness and emotional honesty. No room for sarcasm here.
2. You don’t have to be concise. Some extremely popular statuses go on for hundreds of words.
3. It’s of the stuff of everyday life that goes viral. Childcare, dating, illness - these are things everyone can relate to.
4. If you want Likes, don’t be afraid to explicitly ask for them. It often helps.
5. A lot of people really, really love Mrs. Brown’s Boys.
Note: all data comes from Facebook, and relates to Likes that originate in the UK. Some of the statuses in this list were posted abroad, but the Likes are British.