If you're old enough, you may remember a time before Netflix, when you had to wait for a certain day and time to watch your favorite show.
But everything changed after the streaming boom. The way in which we consume television changed radically.
Netflix's scientists began doing a huge data analysis.
1. During the morning hours, most users are watching sitcoms.
2. In fact, there's a peak at 6 a.m. when users are 34% more likely to be watching sitcoms.
3. Another genre that's popular in the morning? Anime.
4. Drama reigns supreme in the afternoon.
5. During those hours, dramas see a 5% spike in streaming compared to other genres.
6. In Brazil, they're 25% more likely to be watching Netflix during dinner than in the rest of the world.
7. At night, everyone seems to want to watch thrillers.
8. Some places prefer their horror in the afternoons, like Spain and Portugal.
9. But just before bed, sitcoms rise again.
10. And what happens after midnight?
11. Although in some countries, like Japan and South Korea, late-night streaming can be as high as 21%.
12. And the most popular genre after midnight? Documentaries!
13. However, in certain countries there's almost no nocturnal Netflix watching.
14. And the peak streaming hours vary quite a bit around the world.
As you can see, Netflix knows a lot about you. But now you know a little more about Netflix too.
This post was translated from Spanish.