1. Originally, R2-D2 had dialogue, with actual speaking parts.
2. A select group of directors were the first to see the movie.
3. The iconic "Imperial March" (also known as Darth Vader's theme) is never actually heard in A New Hope.
4. The 20th Century Fox executives wanted Chewbacca to wear shorts.
5. The Jawas speak a variation on Zulu.
6. George Lucas has said that his Alaskan Malamute, Indiana, was the inspiration for Chewbacca
7. There are an estimated 2,002,795,192 deaths in the original trilogy.
8. But the film with the greatest number of deaths is The Force Awakens.
9. Variations of the line "I have a bad feeling about this" have made it into every film in the saga.
10. Many actors were considered for the role of Han Solo.
11. The word Jedi may come from Japanese.
12. Tatooine is a real place on Earth.
13. Star Wars was the first science fiction film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
14. The Muppets visited the set of The Empire Strikes Back.
15. The first appearance of the Emperor was a composite of a chimpanzee and the character designer's wife.
16. In Italy, Darth Vader is called Lord Fener.
17. Han Solo was frozen in carbonite because of Harrison Ford.
18. Star Wars isn't the first mention of Endor. It's also in the Bible and in The Lord of the Rings .
19. Episode VI was originally called Revenge of the Jedi.
20. E.T.'s alien species makes an appearance in The Phantom Menace.
21. Joseph Williams (vocalist for the band TOTO, who sang "Africa") contributed to the score of Return of the Jedi .
22. Acclaimed director David Lynch was sought to direct Return of the Jedi .
23. The same happened with David Cronenberg.
24. Keira Knightley was 12 when she played Sabé, Queen Amidala's handmaiden and double.
25. Rey's outfits in The Force Awakens were inspired by old sketches of Luke Skywalker.
26. Carrie Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, made her film debut in The Force Awakens .
27. The Force Awakens is the only Star Wars movie that does not show or mention Tatooine.
28. Mark Hamill was 63 when he filmed The Force Awakens, which is the same age Alec Guinness was while filming A New Hope.
29. George Lucas claims that General Grievous' coughing problem was actually his own case of bronchitis that was recorded and used for the character.
30. Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne auditioned to play Kylo Ren.
31. Hardly anyone knew the truth about Luke and Darth Vader until The Empire Strikes Back was released.
32. And actually, you're probably misremembering that line.
33. Benicio del Toro was originally offered the role of Darth Maul.
34. And yes, Darth Maul was not very vocal.
35. Ello Asty, one of the X-wing pilots in The Force Awakens, takes his name from the Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty.
36. Although they appear throughout the whole of Return of the Jedi, the word "Ewok" is never spoken out loud.
37. Mace Windu's lightsaber had the words "Bad Motherfucker" engraved on it.
38. The original cut of Revenge of the Sith was over four hours long.
39. Star Wars is the third most successful franchise in film history.
40. And the only characters who appear in every official film in the Star Wars saga are R2-D2 and C-3PO.
This post was translated from Spanish.