1. Expectation: Party all day!
Reality: Class all afternoon…
2. Expectation: You will receive checks in the mail from all of your relatives.
Reality: You get encouraging birthday cards with lots of warm wishes.
3. Expectation: You’ll take tequila shots with all your closest friends.
Reality: Half your crew has to flake out.
4. Expectation: You’ll finally get a new driver’s license photo.
Reality: It’s just as bad as your old one.
5. Expectation: People will give you enough alcohol to last for weeks.
Reality: They expect you to finish it all on the spot.
6. Expectation: Today is all about me.
Reality: Someone else has the same birthday.
7. Expectation: Your secret admirer will send you flowers.
Reality: Your grandmother sends you a potted plant.
8. Expectation: You can finally stop worrying about underage drinking.
Reality: You never really worried about that.
9. Expectation: You’ll get a hot new outfit to wear out for your birthday.
Reality: You have to borrow something from one of your roommates…again.
10. Expectation: You’ll make countless crazy memories.
Reality: You take twelve drunk selfies.
11. Expectation: You’ll be so drunk that the taste of cheap liquor won’t even bother you.
Reality: It’s still pretty bad.
12. Expectation: You’ll make a new friend.
Reality: You make a drunk confession.
13. Expectation: You’ll eat birthday cake.
Reality: You puke birthday shots.
14. Expectation: You’ll feel so relieved the next day.
Reality: You feel like crap the next day.
15. Expectation: You’ll remember this as the best night ever.
Reality: Your friends tell you it was the best night ever.
- France is casting its first round of ballots today for president in a contest unlike any other in the country's recent history 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.